• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 I need help with shooters

Toasty17

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5404-5275-4907
Hi there, I have recently been trying to get into shooters but have had some trouble. I am currently S rank in all modes and use the squiffer and CRB almost exclusively. I wanted to try mixing up my play style so I tried out a few shooters and dualies only to find I suck with them. It’s really hard to improve because at my rank I just get destroyed if I don’t use a weapon I’m comfortable with. I’m looking for any tips on how to use these weapons or any suggestions for what shooters I should try. I am most comfortable as a second line player who doesn’t rush for kills but can support the slayers up front.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Well it sounds like you'd be more interested in a flex type shooter like a splattershot pro, a gal or maybe a jet squelcher. What's super important about any weapon class is movement and aim. You don't want to be too predictable, and you want to be able to track targets for however many shots it takes to kill them. What you might be struggling with is that you usually play 1HKO weapons where you just have to get them at one moment and they're dead, whereas with shooters you have have to be consistent in hitting them multiple times (granted it's really not a huge challenge because of the high fire rate). In order to learn a completely new weapon - take it into turf war (or league) until you feel you've improved on using it and feel more comfortable. Personally, I recommend that everyone learns how to play the splattershot or the tentatek splattershot especially if you're taking on shooters. However I realize this doesn't fit your comfort zone. But I also think everyone should try (I mean like actually try and spend time on) every different role in the game. BUT ANYWAYS. As for learning, try all the shooters in the firing range and spend quite a bit of time in there to work on aim. I always say "the firing range is your best friend." Then take a few of your favorites into turf war. Then look up some videos on youtube or find some people who stream the weapon you want and take it into ranked paying attention to how they move and what they do.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Splattershot is a good beginner weapon to try out. It's the "jack-of-all-trades" and overall a very solid weapon. N-ZAP like the Splattershot is easy to pick up as well, but it plays more of a supportive role in battle. If you favor range, Jet Squelcher is great for defending and keep people away from a certain point. While Splattershot Pro is if you want longer range in exchange for higher ink consumption and a slower fire-rate.

Since you said you want to support the team over kills, i'd recommend the N-ZAP '85. Ink Armor is good for pushing and protecting your team. It can paint reliably well and it has good running speed which helps you strafe shots better.

Toasty17

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5404-5275-4907
Thanks for the help, I took quite a few different weapons into the training room and found the .96 deco and jet squelcher to be the two I liked the most. I’ve already had few successful hames with each and have managed to maintain my rank with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom