• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 i need some advice for S rank...

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
hello everyone! i finally made it into S rank with RM & TC which i am very proud about :D
but now here is the thing..it is much more different then previous ranks..and i struggle at least a little even in matches where me and my team are doing well,i also won matches but i also lost some,so i am capable of handling myself in the rank but i still need to improve because if things stay the way they are i will probably be stuck in S rank for a loooong time x.x

so my question to you guys is..do you guys have some advice for me to get better in S rank? since i get the feeling people play alot differently then i am used to in A rank ^^''

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
One of the biggest problems I notice that sets aside rank X folks from lower ranks is good aim and movement. But the easiest one to work on is aim. If you have better aim than your opponent, chances are you'll beat them in a 1v1 engagement. And when this happens, they're gone and you're free to go kill another person or to push objective or use special or build special. Essentially, winning more engagements drives the force that wins a team the game. Constantly dying in your 1v1s is not a good sign, and one way you can improve this is through better aim. For this, the firing range is your best friend. Do aim drills. Track the moving targets. Snap onto targets. Move around while doing this. Sub strafe, etc. You'll get a better feel for how to win more engagement, helping your personal skills and your team. The other biggie is game sense and paying good attention that happens in the game. Other than paying attention to the top of your screen constantly (who's alive, specials, score, your special, etc.), take note of where people like to linger. Where people like to come back from to get to mid. What habits do people have that you can capitalize on? Some of this may be hard to visualize the end goal. So. Watch streams of competitive players and see what they do. Pay attention to the flow of the game and how they react to that. How do they move around the map? How do they move around when in trouble to help themselves survive? How do they use their specials? Watching competitive gameplay and asking questions in chat and such will be very beneficial to you and your journey of improvement. Congrats on rank S and best of luck!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
In regards to Tower Control at least. Honestly, in S rank and even S+, I find that people really don't often expect flankers early game and especially late game on a lot of maps. Most people tend to try and rush the tower right off the bat or plant themselves in positions to attack the most obvious path, that they may often neglect somebody traveling along the side of a map and hitting them from the side or behind. Just finding a round about way to get behind enemies has gotten me way more splats than I can count and taking out key people in order to start a push for my team. Then if you see that they're starting to get wise of your strategy, change up your route.

This is definitely more applicable in some maps over others. For instance, there's really isn't a good flanking route on Arowana, closest thing if climbing from the low side area at the center of the map, people rarely expect people to be down there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom