• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 I need some training, can anyone help?

Mitchell.N

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1459-7632-9303
Ok so I've been playing Splatoon 2 for a while now but I'm new to Squidboards. Anyways I consider myself as an "average" player and I really want to get better so I can dive into the competitive Splatoon scene, i don't have any special armour or anything and I keep on getting de-ranked. So I'd like someone to teach/train me to become a better player I'm not asking for all day every day training, I'm asking for like 1 or 2 hours a day. Btw I live in Australia so timezones may be an issue. Thanks :)

Here are my current stats:
Splatzones Rank: B-
Rainmaker Rank: B-
Tower Control Rank: B+
Clam Blitz: B
Last 50 Battles: 21 Wins and 29 Losses, 6.8 Average kills and 2.2 Average splecials

Mr Hemulen

Inkster Jr.
That's quite a commitment you are asking of someone... and ultimately quite unrealistic.

How long have you been playing? How many hours have you racked up in that time? What weapons do you play?

Maybe you could try joining a clan or group and try to play with people of a similar but slightly better skill level than yourself?

AC1

Inkster Jr.
Try improving your survivor skill without neglecting the objective. A good bench mark to aim for: 8 splatted over 5 minute of rank.

Learn the overtime rules for each rank mode and apply the knowledge appropriately.

Use super jump (usually) when your team is pushing the objective and the objective is located on the enemy half of the stage.

Note for super jump: depending on the current situation, you should make a risky super jump, if you do not make a risky super jump, your team will lose/ lose the opportunity to push the objective.
Note for super jump: make sure your landing spot is safe.

Reactions: the

Mitchell.N

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1459-7632-9303
Thanks for the advice guys, for now I'm just gonna practice a bunch and figure out what weapon suits me best (because currently i keep on switching weapons randomly). Once I feel like I'm ready to truly start playing competitively I'll see if i can join a group/team around my skill level, and hopefully can learn from them. Im currently sitting at 110 hours and my goal is to hit at least 160 hours by the end of the month. Also I realise that my original request is a lot to ask for, I just thought I'd ask anyways because you never know what might happen. Again thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it :)

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
So, I recommend you start by finding a weapon you're comfortable with. I don't your playstyle, so I can't recommend you a weapon to try, but Splattershot still works pretty well in most Ranked Modes. You can start with that and branch out depending on what you want more of (attack power, range, etc)

Know the objective. I've seen B players paint off to the side while there team is trying to push up. Once you know what the objective really is and the best way to move it around the map, you'll play a lot better. Try going into Recon on a Ranked Map you're not totally comfortable with a find a path with the objective.

Team bar. You now the bar at the top of the screen? It displays what weapon everyone is using, who's dead and who has their special. Use that info to your advantage. It goes unnoticed by a lot of people. See that everyone on the other team is dead? Grab the objective and push up! You're the only person alive on your team? Fall back and wait for your enemies. This bar will help you make your moves at the right time.

Sadly, I can't train you, but I thought I would still drop some tips that helped me.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Just keep playing and find people to watch on youtube like ThatSRB2Dude and Rocketek or Silver or Sendou. Watch tournaments on twitch and other players stream also you can find tournament gameplay on youtube like on EndgameTV. But all in all there aren't very many competitive groups at the B ranks. Just keep persisting and you'll get better naturally. Wait until A or S to find a team. Get familiar with the competitive scene (you don't need to be competitive to do this. I think I was like A rank when I joined these boards and I learned from asking more specific questions to the better players here on things I was wondering about. We need context of how you know your own playstyle (which means you have to be aware of your own habits during matches as well as how you react to other's) and situations you've been in to be helpful in answering questions other than "tell me how to get better." You don't need a tutor but if you share your plastyle and weapon and abilities and specifics you're struggling with then you'll get a lot of good information pretty quickly. But the most I can say now is pay attention and practice aim in the practice room. I warm up in there before playing especially when I'm playing charger so I can make sure I'm gonna be hitting my snaps. Go explore on Youtube and good luck!

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Ok so I've been playing Splatoon 2 for a while now but I'm new to Squidboards. Anyways I consider myself as an "average" player and I really want to get better so I can dive into the competitive Splatoon scene, i don't have any special armour or anything and I keep on getting de-ranked. So I'd like someone to teach/train me to become a better player I'm not asking for all day every day training, I'm asking for like 1 or 2 hours a day. Btw I live in Australia so timezones may be an issue. Thanks :)

Here are my current stats:
Splatzones Rank: B-
Rainmaker Rank: B-
Tower Control Rank: B+
Clam Blitz: B
Last 50 Battles: 21 Wins and 29 Losses, 6.8 Average kills and 2.2 Average splecials
Do you have any mains?
If you don’t what the term “main” means it is pretty much the weapon you play and use the most.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Just keep playing and find people to watch on youtube like ThatSRB2Dude and Rocketek or Silver or Sendou. Watch tournaments on twitch and other players stream also you can find tournament gameplay on youtube like on EndgameTV. But all in all there aren't very many competitive groups at the B ranks. Just keep persisting and you'll get better naturally. Wait until A or S to find a team. Get familiar with the competitive scene (you don't need to be competitive to do this. I think I was like A rank when I joined these boards and I learned from asking more specific questions to the better players here on things I was wondering about. We need context of how you know your own playstyle (which means you have to be aware of your own habits during matches as well as how you react to other's) and situations you've been in to be helpful in answering questions other than "tell me how to get better." You don't need a tutor but if you share your plastyle and weapon and abilities and specifics you're struggling with then you'll get a lot of good information pretty quickly. But the most I can say now is pay attention and practice aim in the practice room. I warm up in there before playing especially when I'm playing charger so I can make sure I'm gonna be hitting my snaps. Go explore on Youtube and good luck!
Yeah I watch all those Youtubers. You learn so many strategies. In Splatoon 1 I didn’t know Burst Canceling existed until I saw some of Silver’s videos.

AC1

Inkster Jr.
Mitchell.N, You could join 2018 AUNZ Splatoon 2 cup. You will find a makeshift team. If you join that cup, make sure you are able to fly to Melbourne (Supanova) and Los Angeles (E3).

If your team win 2018 AUNZ Splatoon 2 cup, your team is invited to play Splatoon 2 World Championship.

Game schedule for 2018 AUNZ Splatoon 2 cup: (31/3/2018 or 7/4/2018) (Game will be play online), 21/4/2018 (Game will be play at Supanova location)

Game schedule for 2018 Splatoon 2 World Championship: (11/6/2018 to 12/6/2018) (Game will be play at E3 location)

EDIT
Nintendo will provide the winning team flights and accommodation. However you still need ~$655 (70*3+70*5*(1/0.77)) in spending money to cover your daily living expense at Melbourne and Los Angeles

Assumption: one breakfast meal will cost you $5, one lunch meal will cost you $15 and one dinner meal will cost you $25, transport for 1 day will cost $10, $15 per day is set aside for other daily expense (water, snacks, fruits, etc)

Link: https://2018splatoon2cup.com.au/

Last edited:

Mitchell.N

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1459-7632-9303
I would love to but I'm moving house's very soon, also I'm broke at the moment so I wouldn't be able to afford the flight tickets anyways. I'll probably just wait till next years splatoon 2 championship, besides if i wait till next year it will give me a lot of time to practice and I'll also form a proper team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom