• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

I Owe SquidBoards an Apology

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I've been feeling extremely guilty about many of the posts I've made here and feel I owe this to everyone. Most of my posts were fueled by salt (which I'm dubbing Salty Posts) and my feelings of inadequacy about myself at Splatoon. When I have a bad day, I usually come and post something regarding the thing that cause my salt(while being negative about it) or even degrading myself. The motivations behind many of my posts were not in the right place, and it has led me to post things that were kinda dumb and not really how I really feel.

So SquidBoards, I want tell you all how deeply sorry I am for all of my Salty Posts. I've been directing my negative emotions in the wrong place and creating things that people just don't want to see. In the future, I will do my very best not to make posts out of salt or any other negative emotions I may be feeling, but rather contribute in a positive manner and make this a fun, drama-free place for all.

(Sorry if this apology is a bit stupid. I've never been good at this sort of thing.)

CinnaDonut

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SerFiora
Hey man, we all get a little salty here and there. It's not uncommon, no need to feel bad about it :) We just gotta let our frustrations out sometimes, which is understandable. It's good though, that you wanna contribute in a more positive way. Good on you :)

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Don't be sorry! I've only just joined (I've been lurking for a while) and I think the only people who should be sorry are the morons who post spam. Everyone gets salty.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
Nothing like waking up to 60 new posts only to realize 58 of them are bot posts. More on topic though I'm glad you took the time to write this out, I'm looking forward to your posts from here on out.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
don't worry we all get salty, the fact that you noticed you were making some NaCl (LOL yes i have no life) and wish to stop is wonderful keep your head up and stay fresh

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
We're always here to help you if you have any problems. While you did mostly use SB as a means to release stress, you can also use that very same forum to feel good about yourself or put yourself in a good mood. I didn't notice the salty posts, but either way thanks for the apology. We got your back around here.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Being salty about what happened to you in a game is pretty normal in the gaming community, so don't feel too bad about it. At least you apologized and that's a very good thing you did.

And I like to have some salt for my fries or popcorn right about now. :P

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
We all want to punch our pets and loved ones after a few rounds of Ranked, we just don't usually post about it. We all just punch our dogs instead. Try that. Or reading.

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
This thread here is an example of how the community should be ( apart from punching the pets :s ) I think we should all take note of this and understand that not everyone is a heartless monster out to get you!*

Thanks for sharing Meddler and I'm sure everyone can forgive some salt.

*Except from Nihabz

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
Please don't punch your pets.
[sarcasm]Pfftt, what else am I supposed to hit?! My sister? That's called assault. Everybody knows that smackin up a dog is totally legal and a great way to blow off steam[/sarcasm]

edit: sloppy coding

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom