• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 I start to hate Tower control because it keeps hating on me :l

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
you can call me salty if you want,but i really do need to rant about this since i am at the point i want to scream until i will lose my voice,

i never had trouble with this mode just some loses and wins,even when i got in A rank,nothing going on just going like always,but lately all i do with this mode is LOSE and LOSE i swear i sometimes was at the point of throwing my controller on the ground,i am close to saying ''F*** YOU TOWER CONTROL I AM DONE WITH YOUR S***'' i am sorry for my language but i am really pissed of this unfair s***,each disconnected member is also always on my team,i mean how fair is tower control being right? for realz when is this gonna stop and actually gets fair again with losing some and also winning some? because i am this close to quitting tower control forever because the game likes to make it impossible for me and idk why.

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
The game is being fair.
It’s called bad team luck dude.
You’ve just had it somewhat bad recently..

I really hate it when someone disconnects too, but then I just chalk it up to “aw no. They have bad internet. Welp time to try our hardest??”

If anything I would suggest just staying off of Tower Control—Ranked for a while..?

Cephalobro

Unfortunately, it isn't just Tower Control where that sort of stuff happens. But at least it's not as bad as those jerks who sabotage matches just because their friend is on the opposite team.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Everyone has a 'cap' on their skill level. Maybe you just hit yours?

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
you can call me salty if you want,but i really do need to rant about this since i am at the point i want to scream until i will lose my voice,

i never had trouble with this mode just some loses and wins,even when i got in A rank,nothing going on just going like always,but lately all i do with this mode is LOSE and LOSE i swear i sometimes was at the point of throwing my controller on the ground,i am close to saying ''F*** YOU TOWER CONTROL I AM DONE WITH YOUR S***'' i am sorry for my language but i am really pissed of this unfair s***,each disconnected member is also always on my team,i mean how fair is tower control being right? for realz when is this gonna stop and actually gets fair again with losing some and also winning some? because i am this close to quitting tower control forever because the game likes to make it impossible for me and idk why.
I don’t just play Blasters...they work I guess...

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I'd say that's just a bit of bad luck, it happens to us all. Have you heard of the term "tilt'? You'd be surprised on how much it can affect a person and I think the best thing to do is take a break from Tower Control and/or maybe put the game down for a bit.

If you're not having fun you'll play worse and your mental health is more important than some rank in a video game. Just keep practicing.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I'd say it is time for a break from Tower Control. Heaven knows I needed a break from Clam Blitz a bit ago (to an extent, I'm still on that break since Clam Blitz is a very annoying mode with randoms).
Even in Splatoon 1 I tended to not do Tower Control because I wasn't my thing, but it has grown on me a lot with Splatoon 2.

But since it seems you're in A rank, there certainly is a degree of room for improvement. One way to turn the tides in your favor it to heighten your own abilities, maybe try something new. What weapons do you use? What kind of strategy do you use?

Mr Hemulen

Inkster Jr.
Everyone will encounter a loosing streak at some point.

Short term sounds like you need a break from that mode. See if your luck changes in a few rotations time.

Long term if you keep loosing, you might need to consider what you are doing and if you can do something different to change the outcome.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I'd say that's just a bit of bad luck, it happens to us all. Have you heard of the term "tilt'? You'd be surprised on how much it can affect a person and I think the best thing to do is take a break from Tower Control and/or maybe put the game down for a bit.

If you're not having fun you'll play worse and your mental health is more important than some rank in a video game. Just keep practicing.
my main language isn't english so i had to look it up what it meant ^^'' but basically it described how i was at some point in TC,i hate to admit but after all those loses i really started to think ''whatever i will do my own thing'' now that i think back on it,that was the moment i should had stopped,all i did at that point was splatting enemies who were close to their spawing area out of frustration,not that it helped alot....

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet

The game is being fair.
It’s called bad team luck dude.
You’ve just had it somewhat bad recently..

I really hate it when someone disconnects too, but then I just chalk it up to “aw no. They have bad internet. Welp time to try our hardest??”

If anything I would suggest just staying off of Tower Control—Ranked for a while..?
yup very very bad i got to say...i tried different weapons i consider myself good with,and even though once i switched i started to play better but not good enough for my team to win i guess...ironically the first match i had after i switched my weapon i did win but after that it was back to the losing streak x.x

normally i am like that too,i even remember matches in rank matches where it was 3 vs 4 and my team and i did so well that the enemy just couldn't win easily,there were even small moments my team had the lead and were close to actually winning,those matches really make me proud of myself with how good i played and helped.

yeah i think i might take a break from it,maybe i try once here and there to see how it goes but other then that i think i won't play it alot.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
I'd say it is time for a break from Tower Control. Heaven knows I needed a break from Clam Blitz a bit ago (to an extent, I'm still on that break since Clam Blitz is a very annoying mode with randoms).
Even in Splatoon 1 I tended to not do Tower Control because I wasn't my thing, but it has grown on me a lot with Splatoon 2.

But since it seems you're in A rank, there certainly is a degree of room for improvement. One way to turn the tides in your favor it to heighten your own abilities, maybe try something new. What weapons do you use? What kind of strategy do you use?
i can relate to what you are saying about CB,but it still goes well and bad for me with this mode atm ^-^''

yeah you are right,improvement is something that is still happening with me
my fave weapons i like to use and where i see myself good with,are the dapple dualies,octobrush nouveau,N zap 89 and forge splattershot pro

my strategy depends on how my team plays/the mode/the map,in TC i prefer to be the tower rider xD if my team helps defending and backs me up where needed then it should go well,but there are a few maps where i walk around like a idiot not knowing how i should play...i just can't seem to figure it out T~T

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
i can relate to what you are saying about CB,but it still goes well and bad for me with this mode atm ^-^''

yeah you are right,improvement is something that is still happening with me
my fave weapons i like to use and where i see myself good with,are the dapple dualies,octobrush nouveau,N zap 89 and forge splattershot pro

my strategy depends on how my team plays/the mode/the map,in TC i prefer to be the tower rider xD if my team helps defending and backs me up where needed then it should go well,but there are a few maps where i walk around like a idiot not knowing how i should play...i just can't seem to figure it out T~T
Well kind of late but.

I'd say learn to not delegate yourself to a single role. Especially when playing with randoms, good awareness of what is needed at any given time is important. This includes knowing if it is better to just step back and try changing your route.

With Tower Control, pushing the tower usually only goes so far as long as there is somebody opposing you. The goal at the start of a match is usually to weed out the enemies to give you time to do a solid push. Best plan is usually to take an abnormal route to try and flank the typical paths. Learn to ambush an opponent, don't rush for the tower, take them out first then push.

If the enemy has the tower, more likely than not some of your team will try to tackle them head on, personally I take that opportunity to try and get behind the opponent and wipe them all from behind. It actually works a lot of the time, both in A+ and S, it has gotten me to S+ so it works.

When your team has the tower, there are 3 roles in my eyes. The tower rider, the one sticking on the tower, if any enemy approaches you have to be ready to jump off deal with them and get back on, don't be greed with the tower, taking out the opponent is priority over a few extra points. The advancer who charges forwards into the chaos that is the enemy rushing to take the tower back, they are the ones who make is difficult for the opposing team to get to reclaim the tower quickly. Then lastly is what I'd call flanker, just like flanking the opponent when they're on the tower, most players will predictably rush towards the tower, hitting them from the side or back when they're focused on the tower is also good. But understand that none of these roles are constant, if somebody is on the tower with you, feel free to change to the advance or flanking role.

As for weapons, I personally see Tower Control to especially be a mode where you have to find a weapon that works for you. Since the tower is the objective of interest, you want to go in understanding that you'll need a weapon that is good at dealing with people on the tower. Personally speaking, my Tower Control weapon is the Tri-Slosher, Sloshers are great at dealing with targets on top of something due how Sloshers work. But you need to find a weapon that works for you, Splattershot Pros are good if you play backliner with some range from a vantage point, the rest of your choices are decent, though not sure about the Dapple Dualies because you'll have to deal with its lesser range in Tower Control.

Last edited:
Reactions: the

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Before I start.
But you need to find a weapon that works for you, Splattershot Pros are good if you play backliner from a vantage point,.
Spits out coffee WAT? Pro on backliner? What are you smokin dude?

Just use Blaster.
It's that simple.

Rollers and Brushes don't usually work on TC because of the middle pole. Long range shooters can have trouble working on this mode because their range works against them most of the time. Chargers and Splatlings are a much better pick most of the time because they kill faster and have more range (notable exceptions include Jet Squelcher, Mini Splatling, and Squiffer, none of which I would use on TC). Your safest bet is a Blaster, Tri Slosher, Sloshing Machine, or something like Nzap 85 that kills fast, paints well, has suction bomb, and Ink Armor for added stability on the tower.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Before I start.

Spits out coffee WAT? Pro on backliner? What are you smokin dude?
Probably not the right word. But just the Pro just helps at taking people off the tower at a decent range, which is great for defending an oncoming tower. But that aside Forge Pro is certainly good for advancing as well, especially because of Bubble Blower.

Also, yah. Blasters. They're a thing, and very potent in Tower Control.

Last edited:

Doggypie

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4612-1393-2138
I'm a bit late here, but the way is, skill, and a good weapon. That is really all you need, and maybe good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom