• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I want new Salmon Run content. Like, right now.

Merch_Andise

Inkster Jr.
NNID
solarOddity
Switch Friend Code
SW-1239-4877-3880
"Hey so we have some things planned for Salmon Run in the near future! Look forward to that!!"

Cut to Vers 4.0.0, where all they did was add one new song that only plays when specific protocols have been met -.-

I'm getting really tired of Salmon Run. This game has been out since July 17 way back in 2017, and Salmon Run literally hasn't changed, excluding some bug fixes and balancing patches. Over the course of a year and a half, only two new maps were added, there
aren't any new bosses, no new night-time events, no new gameplay features, no new rewards, no nothing. Not even so much as a one-shot event that isn't something like Random Weapons or All Grizzco Weapons.

Salmon Run by itself is fun, but there isn't really any other reason to play aside from Chunks and Food Tickets. Splatoon doesn't have enough money sinks, so money is basically worthless. And if you only care about the monthly clothing, then you only have to play Salmon Run once a month.

Am I sounding greedy for wanting new content for a gamemode that hasn't changed since launch? Literally Crusty Sean's Truck has received more ambitious updates than Salmon Run ever did.

Like, new bosses, new events, new literally anything. I'm getting desperate. I can only use a Hydra in Salmonid Smokeyard so many times bruv.

also, "splatoon 2: salmon expansion" is always on the table my guy. always on the table >_>

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I mean we already know of a new map in the data.

Also, I would count Grizzco weapons to be a rather spicy addition to the mode, given how extreme and or unique those weapons tend to be. Especially with Rare Wildcard waves being a thing that can happen. They might not be fundamentally changing the mode, but they're just a boat of fun.

Though, I would actually really like if we had like new wave events/bosses. But as far as we are aware as of now, it's just the potential for a new map.

Also, yes, you are completely selfish for expecting more rewards. The mode pretty much gives you every type of reward there is in this game other than Super Sea Snails.

Last edited:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
To be fair, the new song oozes awesomeness.

Also, Splatoon 2 updates are coming to an end soon, so maybe expecting lots of new content might not be too wise.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I use salmon run as a way to blow off steam and derp around with other people rather than wanting them dead (I clearly don’t handle competitive games well, who’d have thought?). It’s also a decent way to loosen up your mobility and accuracy before you get into the meat of Splatoon for the day, so it’ll always have use for me. Frankly I enjoy it more than PVP anyways, and always get to 1200 points for the shift unless I’m out of town.

It would be nice to have them include additional bosses to mimic the special weapons released post-launch, such as Bubble Blower and Booyah Bomb, but don’t expect much other than a new map. It seems to take place at night, so I’m wondering what the gimmick will be for it. (Inb4 nothing but Griller and Glowflies)

You are right about the rewards being exceptionally stale, though. Salmon Run can’t really be used to effectively farm anything except cash, and with the way the game is set up nobody should ever have to do that; I’m constantly replacing my gear with that of a different ability, and dragging it through PVP to unlock the subs. If the first ability isn’t what I want, it gets wiped immediately and good bye 20,000 gold, and I’ll STILL never run out. We also have a borderline hilarious supply of tickets that will never be used - not only drink tickets, but exp and cash boosters. I’m at the point where I don’t even know if I’ll be able to get through all of my tier 3 exp tickets I have so many. We need some kind of unified reward system there, maybe after the main updates are finished they’ll implement a new way of getting Snails post-splatfests, like being able to exchange 50 tickets for one. Snails are already renewable with the level prestiging system, so that’s a long shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom