• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Idea: Water weapons

Yea or Nay?

• Yea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay (doesn’t fit the game)

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Nay (unbalanced)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nay (other)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
Exactly what it says on the tin - what if there were weapons that used water as ammo instead of ink? For balance, they’d be much stronger than other weapons, but rely on their sub and special to lay down ink. Instead, they’d wash away any ink that the water touches.

Just as an example of how it could be balanced, I present the Steam Roller. Half the width of the Splat Roller and between Octobrush and Carbon in roll speed (but very ink-hungry when rolling), one-shots, and instead of having a vertical flick, its horizontal flick works like the Dynamo’s horizontal flick, but faster and narrower, with the coverage of a vertical flick except as wide as the roller itself.

Sub and Special are Burst Bombs and Splashdown(?). Since the Main weapon can’t paint, the Special costs less than usual, but still enough that it’s slow to charge.

You’d have to be careful, since you can’t swim away (or regain ink) unless you group up with your team (in which case you’re washing away their ink too if you’re not careful), or have enough ink for Burst Bombs or rolling away. Overextend and you’re as good as splatted, but in return you get firepower rivalling the Dynamo with roll-speed rivalling brushes over short distances.

So what do you think? Yea or nay? Any other ideas for water-based weapons?

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
This just seems like an overly complicated addition that goes against the grind of how Splatoon is established in a bad way. It also seems like it would be absolutely hell to balance.

the

Inkling Commander
Yeah it seems like it just hurts you and your team more than it helps. And yea it’d be hard to balance water-based weapons.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
I once had an idea for a brush (a mop in this case) that would fling ink but only wash away enemy ink as it rolled.

Another idea I had was a splatling that resembles a leaf blower. At full charge it would start to blow enemy ink away much faster than it could replace it with the ink from its barrage.

I think that hybrid weapons like this would be a better option, and definitely NOT with the ability to remove your team's ink. That would let players team kill, and that's reserved for brellas.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
Nah, this seems unnecessary and takes away the lore of the game.

I wouldn't mind a minigame/indie game involving water guns though. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom