• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ideal Abilities for a Dynamo Roller?

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Personally, the best options for the Dynamo (regular and gold) are :ability_inkresistance:, and as much :ability_inksavermain: and :ability_damage: as you can. Now, lets see what gear fulfills this role.

Shoes are an obvious choice, the Strapping Reds give :ability_inkresistance: and :ability_inksavermain: subs. Great for keeping the Dynamo somewhat mobile and active, and overall great for many weapons.

Clothes have many options with both :ability_inksavermain: and :ability_damage:. The Navy College Sweat and Navy Striped LS both have :ability_damage: main and :ability_inksavermain: subs (Navy Striped LS has more stars though). and the Black Layered LS has :ability_inksavermain: main and :ability_damage: subs. I don't know exactly how both abilities have diminishing returns, but I think :ability_inksavermain: MIGHT not have diminishing returns and is better as sub abilities.

Headgear is the hardest. If you want :ability_damage:, you can use the White Headband (Ink Recovery main :ability_damage:subs) or try getting lucky with the Samurai Helmet/Legendary Cap. (Which is the easiest way to get all :ability_damage: and :ability_inksavermain:) :ability_inksavermain: hats are even worse for the Dynamo, but, the Jungle Hat (Ink saver main: main :ability_inksaversub:subs), Retro Specs (Quick respawn main:ability_inksavermain:subs) and Bamboo Hat/Short Beanie (Ink saver main main:ability_defenseup:subs) are probably your best bets.

Of course, this is not an end all be all list. One might find a shiny (gear with 3 identical sub abilities different from the likely brand ability) or pure (gear with all same abilities) that works better than these, or just prefer a different playstyle.

D

Deleted Member

How much does Damage Up help? I mean it's normally a OHKO but if you're at a further distance away can it still OHKO? If so, how many subs would be ideal? I'm currently using Ink Resistance Up, In Savers (Main) and Ink Recovery Up.

EDIT: What's vanilla?
Damage Up helps the Dynamo Roller A LOT. It increases the OHKO range and powers up the non-OHKO range. You'll notice splatting enemies at farther ranges which previously wouldn't have killed them in one hit. It also increases the damage of the Sprinkler to 33.3% for what its worth.

:ability_specialcharge: Special Charge Up
:ability_inkrecovery: x3 Ink Recovery Up

:ability_damage: Damage Up
:ability_damage: x3 Damage Up

:ability_inkresistance: Ink Resistance Up
:ability_inksavermain: Ink Saver Main

Last edited by a moderator:

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
ink saver (main) is an absolute no brainer. besides increasing the amount of times you can flick before depleting (from 6 to 7), it also increases the amount of ink you can flick from a depleted tank and you're desperate to fight someone back. It's one of the most important abilities for Dynamo probably. Its little cousin, Ink refill, is not as useful because the difference is marginal, but you can still make use of it.

Cold-blooded is really good and is my personal favorite on shirts, but you don't technically need it if the rank/group of people you play in never uses echolocation. Alternatively you can make use of ninja squid, but Dynamos are not thaaat hugely invested in close ranged sneakiness and the swim speed penalty is pretty cruel, so take that as you will.

Ink resist is HUGELY important on dynamo. Every single bit of mobility you can retain is crucial. Do not wear any shoes that don't have ink resist. You will have a worse time without it.

Damage ups are the next big thing, as they allow you to increase the effective range at which you more reliably OHKO without RNG screwing you over (explanation is a little bit long on that one, I can elaborate if you wish).

Tenacity is pretty good in itself, I don't think it's a necessity on the Dynamo though. Your vanilla special charge rate far surpasses what Tenacity usually give you and if you're playing good you'll mostly prevent your teammates' deaths anyway. Can still be a good asset if you're the carry train anyway.

Special Duration Up is trash on Dynamos. On the normal Dynamo you extend the duration of Echolocation for maybe very few seconds which you will barely ever need (you either already killed the people concerning you or they fled to safety), and that's not accounting for the people who use Cold Blooded anyway. On the Gold Dynamo, it's literally worthless because it doesn't affect the Inkstrike in any way except it gives you more time to choose a location (which you will never need). Don't bother with that.

There's also more abilities that a Dynamo slightly benefits from more than others that I listed in my absurdly long Dynamo guide, but overall it's pretty much just flavor and personal preference and likely doesn't influence the outcome of your match all that much. Only the above give you a serious edge.
would you say the same rules apply for Krak-On Splat Roller in general?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom