• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

If Inklings Were Pokemon

What type would the Inklings be

• Poison

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Poison/Water

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Poison/Ground

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
I saw this page over on ScrewAttack and this guy was going over what Inklings would be like if they were Pokemon

http://screwattack.roosterteeth.com/post/51231272

I agree with them being Poison type. I'm still trying to convince myself that they can't be a dual Poison/Water type, simply because their issues with water, but being dual Poison/Ground type just doesn't sit well with me either...

I liked the other ideas that he came up with too like the Kraken being a Mega Evolution and the attacks:

-Water Gun
-Hydro Pump
-Octazooka
-Sludge Bomb
-Protect
-Hyper Voice

I personally think Explosion would've worked too, lol!

What do you guys think tho!

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
In human form, I would put them at Psychic/Water. I say Psychic since most humanoid Pokemon are psychic types. In Squid form, Water/Flying since they fly with super jumps. Their issue with water withstanding, a lot of what they do revolves around liquids. It's hard to put them at any other typing.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I'm grappling with the very bizarre mental image of trainers encountering Inklings in natural locations, beating them up and throwing Pokeballs at them. Inklings have such a developed society of their own--to be reduced to subservient battle toys seems so disrespectful of their freedom and autonomy. I know its just for funsies though! :p

Thinking of where you would encounter them in a Pokemon world, they would likely be found in urban or industrial settings, much like many Poison types, so I think that typing suits them. The problem with many of their attacks being water based is that they never fight with water, so they couldn't use things like Hypro Pump and Water gun. Sludge Bomb, Acid, Gunk Shot, poison attacks of that nature seem appropriate. Fighting or Psychic could be suitable secondary typings. The former since they do fight and are proficient with a number of weapons--though not so much hand-to-hand (that we know of). Psychic for reasons outlined by @Hero of Lime . I'd even give them a move like Sketch just for the existence of the Ink Brush-- it reminds me so much of Smeargle.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Poison/Water is my best guess. Psychic makes less sense to me, since they don't actually do anything that would permit them having that kind of ability. Most humanoids are actually fighting types, more often than psychic.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Poison/water sounds good. I looked it up, there's only a single poison/water type in Pokemon right now - Skrelp

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
I think Poison/Fairy is the best type possible
Both Water and Ground outright don't fit and Psychic just doesn't cut it either.

Then there's other types that Pokémon can have "in case of doubt":
Dragon, Fighting, Dark, but these provoke a too epic feel to me.
(Poison/Dragon would be the second best-type though)

Psychic used to be the "eeh why not"-type for non-epic characters (Wynaut, Mime Jr. Reuclinus), but I think Fairy took that role in a way that would fit well with Inklings

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom