• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

If this Paper Mario Wii U rumor is true, let me just say I am hyped as hell.

ProjectJ

Inkling
Man, I loved Thousand Year Door and the original Paper Mario, but I just feel like the series has been so mismanaged since. I know Super Paper Mario is well liked by many, but I felt like the game was pretty boring, and Sticker Star was like an insult. I'd love to get excited, but it has been so long since they did a great Paper Mario, y'feel.

Emily Rogers has been wrong before, so I wouldn't get my hopes too super high, but we'll see.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
PLEASE PLEASE DON'T MAKE IT LIKE STICKER STAR
PAPER MARIO 64 AND TTYD ARE MY FAVES
Super Paper Mario was really good too but I didn't finish it I got to the very end and stopped? OTL

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Please, please be true.
I liked Paper Mario, it was fun. The Thousand Year Door was one of my favorite Gamecube games. Super Paper Mario was alright; I liked it, and there are aspects I'd like to see return (the 2D-3D thing, some of the Pixl abilities, Dimentio), but it wasn't great like TTYD.
Never played Sticker Star though, it just seemed kinda stupid from what I saw of it.
So, if it's anything like the first two, or an improved Super, or even the first two and Super, I'll be happy.

Not so sure it's true, but I'd like it to be.
Just so long as it's not like Sticker Star...
Unless they bring over Cardboard Bowser, and maybe have other enemies be cardboard too (maybe aliens?). That could be something newish, I'm sure they could make it neat.

Oh, and maybe make it Paper Mario Bros, with Luigi finally joining you instead of having other adventures you just hear about. Like Super, but as an RPG instead of a platformer.
And give him his own Partners.

hell, even if it's PMTTYD HD remake I'd be happy for that!
If it's just this though, that would be alright.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I hope the gameplay is closer to Super Paper Mario than Paper Mario/TTYD. Yes, you read it right.

That being said, bring the damn partners back. That was the most charming thing about Paper Mario and the only thing it had over the Mario & Luigi series.

Burritoburger

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Burritoburger
I made a decision when the near year rolled by. I decided that if a new Paper Mario isn't released this year, or if it does and is garbage like Sticker Star, the series will officially be dead to me.
I want to be able to thrust a grizzly old bomb into enemies so he can blow himself up nintendo is this too much to ask

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
I really hope this is not a hoax either. We are in desperate need of a new and GOOD Paper Mario game. Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is a step in the right direction to say the least but we need a true blooded Paper Mario game.

I hope the gameplay is closer to Super Paper Mario than Paper Mario/TTYD. Yes, you read it right.

That being said, bring the damn partners back. That was the most charming thing about Paper Mario and the only thing it had over the Mario & Luigi series.
If I could be honest, you'll have a lot of people oppose you on that. I could care less either way myself. As long as it's not Sticker Star bad, and is a true sequal in some respect, I'll be fine with it. Mario and Luigi is a great series too. One of the most revered for sure. The sobering thing is that that series wouldn't exist without the originater of the Mario RPG style, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. A legendary game made by Nintendo that was aided by the Final Fantasy experts themself, Square Soft. Well, that's before they fused with Enix.

Last edited:

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
I for one would like npcs that are not toads in a recent mario game.
thanks nintendo

ProjectJ

Inkling
Well, I'm glad I didn't let me get my hopes up lol. Wow, I guess Sticker Star must have sold really well.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So... er, I guess it's not my place to say, but... I'm getting flashbacks to E3 2015 and the reaction to Federation Force reading those tweets.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
my soul has been completely and utterly crushed.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh come on, they barely announced it and y'all are acting like it's the end of the ****in' world.

Not that I have any interest in this myself, but it just seems a little over-the-top at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom