• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

if you could nerf

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
if you could nerf just 1 weapon what would it be? and why

for me its the dynamo the amount of ink that flies off that brush is just crazy, depending on map and any long range support there has been times where we just can't get close enough to take out. btw all my 3 mains are short ranged lol

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
E-Liters, most definitely. That range is just too ridiculous and mobility issues are pretty much a joke with them. They should probably give them just as much range as a Splatterscope but split the ink-trail into two divergent paths to keep it interesting.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The Inkzooka. It's basically an "I win" button which gives incredible power at little to no cost whatsoever. The only way to counter it is either hugging a wall and praying it actually blocks the shot this time around or just staying outside of its insane range (unless the shooter is above you). The projectile also moves way too fast to dodge effectively, even at max range, and is deceptively large, all of which doesn't help once you take into account latency. I'd say at least give it a "charge" mechanic similar to the Rainmaker so that at least you can actually avoid the shot and make the weapon not as good up-close, that seems a lot more interesting and fun to fight against. I think every single time I pull one out I get 1-2 splats, none of which felt satisfying (and it's not like I'm the greatest shot ever, even less without being able to see my tiny crosshairs o_O)

My second pick would be the E-Liters (even more so if they have a scope), but I can't really think of a way to nerf them that makes sense or would make them interesting weapons to fight against :confused:

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Probably either Dynamo (despite it being my main, I think it deserves a bit less range), or Ink Walls (slightly reduce the health, mostly for the annoying .52 and .96 gals)

I would nerf Inkzooka, but when I actually use it, it takes forever to activate and I end up wasting it much of the time. Possible reduce the torpedo speed but buff it somewhere else, to keep it strong yet more skill based to avoid.

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
I'd nerf the .96 Gal Deco. I don't understand why it only takes two shots to splat no matter what, so why not make it three? The Ink Wall and Kraken have already been nerfed to the point where it's...tolerable, so I wouldn't touch those anymore.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I'd nerf the .96 Gal Deco. I don't understand why it only takes two shots to splat no matter what, so why not make it three?
Because than you just have a splattershot pro with a different name, worse strafing, worse accuracy and worse time-to-kill (since the fire rate is so low).

My idea for a nerf. Nerf the splat charger (scope) and e-litre (scope). How? Make it so that damage up stops lowering the amount of charge needed to kill at 85~90%. Kinda like the cap shooters have when using damage up.

Last edited:

Zac.RAR

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sirboopsalot
Any of thE BLASTERS. They're so hard to deal with in most situations. I normally have to sneak up on them to get them.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've mentioned this before, but all I ask about the Bubbler is that weapons with a higher damage-per-shot output should be able to push a Bubble Shield backward more. Like, if I'm using my .52 Gal, I want to see them being pushed out of their weapon's range with at least 2-3 shots.
So basically, nerf the Bubbler similarly to the way they nerfed the Kraken.

I'd also nerf the Mini Splatling twofold: give it a charge rate of about 65 to 75, and make it require 5 shots to splat a foe rather than 4.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
Probably either Dynamo (despite it being my main, I think it deserves a bit less range), or Ink Walls (slightly reduce the health, mostly for the annoying .52 and .96 gals)

I would nerf Inkzooka, but when I actually use it, it takes forever to activate and I end up wasting it much of the time. Possible reduce the torpedo speed but buff it somewhere else, to keep it strong yet more skill based to avoid.
walls are not the problem, GALS are!
with that said nerf all gals. (increase ink use, increase splat speed by 1 in all situations, damage is weaker at near to point blank range, as in another +1) A big problem with blaming splash walls is the ability for gals to shoot so much after using it.
remove burst bomb push

I'd also nerf the Mini Splatling twofold: give it a charge rate of about 65 to 75, and make it require 5 shots to splat a foe rather than 4.
I would just nerf the movement speed or something, making it 5 hit is kinda.. uh short sided? all splatlings splat in 4 hits (5 with no damage up vs 3 defense main) So this request is a bit confusing to me, what you expect defense up to do? 6?

For bubble it does work like that but it is hard to see with lag shield. When you are bubble and get shot with heaver weapons or even inkzuka you fly far but when I shoot a bubble like that I rarely see it move (lag shield) Once I made a bubble fly SUPER far in bluefin depot. you know that wall that divdes the 2 paths before they split and go down? the person was there pretty much in the middle of that, agenst the wall and I was shooting at them while my inkstrike was spreading (to make sure they can't run from it and swim to me) and when the inkstrike ended they bounced in my direction and into the water. I do not think I ever seen one fly that far before...

Last edited:

sammich

Inkling Cadet
here are my dream nerfs <3

1. still think damage up shouldn't affect charge time. it is really frustrating when i'm having a standoff with a charger player and time my attack right after their missed shot, start charging my squiffer almost immediately... only to still be beaten out.

2. bubblers and krakens should receive more knockback from chargers/blasters.

3. inkzooka's hitbox is too big for what's coming out of the gun. if they want it to hit that wide, how about making it do graze damage and not OHKO when not directly in the ink trail.

4. burst bombs are FFing ridiculous. the kill speed and range is so dangerous that it shouldn't get huge knockback as well. it's hard enough to hit a rampaging burstbomber without the crazy knockback. also think they should use just a little more ink than they do.

5. gals should use more ink to fire if they're going to get quick 2HKOs at that range.

6. luna blast radius.

-------------------------------------

and the winner of my most-wanted nerfed weapon is,

*drumroll*

FFING BURST BOMBS. i know it's a sub, but i ran into an e-liter the other day who literally mained the burst bombs. i was splooshing and in several matches i wasn't able to get a single KO against that e-liter (who otherwise had terrible sniping aim). i was still able to prevent them from advancing and we won most of the matches, so at least there's that.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
3. inkzooka's hitbox is too big for what's coming out of the gun. if they want it to hit that wide, how about making it do graze damage and not OHKO when not directly in the ink trail.
that is lag, Inkzuka is not really wide and if you are trying to hit someone that knows you have it, you have to keep aiming a bit after hitting fire button. It does not splat outside the inktrail.

here is the funny bubble push, it FLEW! like it had wings. Took me a while to find.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
that is lag, Inkzuka is not really wide and if you are trying to hit someone that knows you have it, you have to keep aiming a bit after hitting fire button. It does not splat outside the inktrail.

here is the funny bubble push, it FLEW! like it had wings. Took me a while to find.
OH MY GOD
though you can't see him die on screen you see the little purple squid turn into a little grey X squid right after he's vaulted over the ledge XD.

that's good (about the inkzooka not splatting outside the trail). dang, though; it's still a little overpowered. it doesn't bother me as much as burst bombs, though.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242

that's little unfair imo. If you do that, then mini splattling will not only struggle to splat weapons like the tentatek, gal, n-zap etc, but even weapons that outrange it like the splattershot pro and dual squelcher. 4 shots to kill is already difficult at times since people can sometimes dodge the fourth shot and 5 shots to kill would be a complete nightmare. That combined with the slower charge rate you suggested and it's average range would make the mini completely useless. If you want to nerf anything about the mini, you're better off just nerfing the bubbler instead.

Last edited:

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
OH MY GOD
though you can't see him die on screen you see the little purple squid turn into a little grey X squid right after he's vaulted over the ledge XD.

that's good (about the inkzooka not splatting outside the trail). dang, though; it's still a little overpowered. it doesn't bother me as much as burst bombs, though.
If you want more proof I have a few dodges of them in this video:
though I think this one part is the most glaring of them all. Port pathway really does make it feel small don't it? (the true inkzuka hitbox) it is really lag that makes it seem much stronger then what it is really.

that's little unfair imo. If you do that, then mini splattling will not only struggle to splat weapons like the tentatek, gal, n-zap etc, but even weapons that outrange it like the splattershot pro and dual squelcher. 4 shots to kill is already difficult at times since people can sometimes dodge the fourth shot and 5 shots to kill would be a complete nightmare. That combined with the slower charge rate you suggested and it's average range would make the mini completely useless. If you want to nerf anything about the mini, you're better off just nerfing the bubbler instead.
yeah that is what my reply is about to, and I think people miss all splatlings are 5 hit with 3 main defense/ no damage up on splatling.

The only thing I really see as a "fair" nerf to it is toning down the movement speed, or the movement speed with ton of movement speed ups.

Last edited:

db132

Full Squid
Definitely the E liter, though I'd just change the sub and special of the kit, nothing else. No reason that the longest ranged weapon in the game should have the best close range sub weapon in one kit and the best close range special in the other kit.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Bubblers are probably my biggest pet peeve. In addition to their lag causing tons of problems, the fact that players suddenly become invincible while being able to push their main weapon is problematic, but the sharing aspect is worse as it gives that special to weapons the devs very specifically did NOT give that special to for a reason. Additional teams with 2 bubblers can have at least half their team invincible for way too long. The worst part about it is how it affects different weapons differently. A splattershot can fend it off well, a charger can't do ANYTHING to it, and while a bubble presents no real threat to a charger unless they're on the tower in TC, a bubble is devastating to the short range weapons (brushes, rollers, splooshes) particularly with lag involved. Any special that affects opponents differently depending on what weapon they selected has a serious flaw.

@SquiliamTentacles Dynamos...don't seem to have all that much range to me. Playing AGAINST them, lag is the problem. EVERY inch of a dynamo wave is ohko when used against me, but only the dead center, right in the sweet spot of range kills when I use it. It's just a big laggy weapon.

Gals - I don't get them. They're OP when used against me. When I try to use them I just plain old suck. I still think they're OP, but I can't figure out in what way since they seem fairly UP in my own hands :P

Bamboozlers: Please nerf them so hard so that the idiots on my team stop trying to play them in Splatzones when they clearly do NOT realize it's possibly the most difficult weapon in the game. Make them take like 5 hits to kill or something. :P Any time I see a bamboozler on my team I should just ragequit at the start. There are two types of bamboozlers. The aimbots, and the ones that shoot 15 times for each splat. I know which type mine will be :P

Everyone screams to nerf the eliters, and they already did nerf the eliters due to that once, possibly too much. Anyone who's tried playing one, they're pretty ungainly to use as it is. Burst bombs aside (I main custom so I'm not big into the whole burst bomb thing) other than the fact that a lot of ranked eliters are just REALLY good eliters (I'm an eliter main that still gets salty when those darned S+ aimbots nail me again and again and again when I'm using another weapon.) A devastatingly good eliter is annoying, but so is a devastatingly good inkbrush. It takes forever to charge, you get 3 shots on an ink tank , it''s VERY difficult to use close-range, and has a lot of pressure on it to aim PERFECTLY at moving targets.

Because than you just have a splattershot pro, with a different name, worse strafing, worse accuracy and worse time-to-kill (since the fire rate is so low).
My idea for a nerf. Nerf the splat charger (scope) and e-litre (scope). How? make it so that damage up stops lowering the amount of charge needed to kill at 85~90%. kinda like the cap shooters have when using damage up.
This aspect I don't have much problem with believe it or not. How many main equivs would that be to hit that cap? I generally take 1...maybe 2 mains. I land a LOT of hits that do NOT kill.

In the past few weeks I've seen tons of eliters for some reason to the point that as an eliter main I can't take eliter very often because I end up on teams of 2-3 chargers. It's becoming a frustrating problem as I fall out of practice having to play rollers and brushes mostly on good charger rotations. But yesterday they were so MANY chargers I took it anyway (fair...both teams were all chargers), and I did well IMO, but on the k/d screen I looked like the dead weight among the chargers. But of course I had less kills - I had less dmg up. They have their scummed 5+ main equivalent dmg up. I had my 2. I threw on some other gear to give me 4 main equiv, and was shocked at just how little charge I needed to splat people. It's like a different weapon. But that's not how I really want to have to play it. I suppose that makes it broken in a lot of ways, but it's such a difficult weapon otherwise that I fear "nerfing" the weapon itself would then make it utterly useless. Limiting it's damage it would need a shorter charge or something to not make it a "pure support" weapon.

CknSalad

Inkster Jr.
Bubblers are mainly annoying, but a good player can dance around the bubble for a long time wasting the player's special. Even if the good player died, the bubbler was delayed from pushing objective much at all. I think it is a nice strategic special to have as you can not only push objective, get possible kills, but also save your teammates especially those with important special like kraken.

The Gal family is definitely still a bit too good, and I myself am not that good with it especially the timing of wall deployment. The 96 at least has a 2hko RNG, while the 52 gal is just ridiculous with its quick 2hko with 1 main 3 subs worth of dmg ups. When I used it, it just amazed me how players could get first shot, but since their weapon required more shots to kill, I still won the engagements most of the time. The only thing possible to nerf this family is to nerf the wall (which already got nerfed). Playing against a wall is literally playing against a Dhalsim Street Fighter player. You have to literally poke here and there and then once you see a flank hole/opening, get the gal player when he's focusing shooting at your other teammate and is feeling safe behind is wall.

E-liter is actually quite a high skill ceiling to be honest. That being said, it still annoys me that the devs gave a charger with the most range a sub like burst bombs which essentially gives it a powerful escape and even frag option to use. At least with the kraken special version, you only have beacons, so if you did not position yourself well and over-extended, you will get punished hard for it. With burst bombs, you kind of just spam on the ground or where you anticipate the enemy will be, and typically the worst case scenario is your sniping was delayed, but you got out safely. Even the top players have trouble dealing with the barrage of burst bombs when trying to finish off the e-liter because of the dmg ups. I know this an exaggeration, but burst bombs is like giving an awper in counter-strike a shotgun as its secondary.

Other than that, the game is really balanced. Lag will always be a problem, but honestly the only solution I have is to just get good and clearly outplay an opponent. If you do die by 'lag', just shrug it off and figure out how you could have approached the same situation differently next time.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I don't know if I would nerf, but at least fix Inkazooka hitbox, can't say exactly if it's lag but sometimes it goes to the left and kill people on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom