• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

If you have any proof that you encountered a hacker online then post here.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Thank goodness almost everyone nowadays carries a fancy camera in their pockets for situations like this.

Not to mention the possibility for these exploits to be patched, unlike the infamous MKWii.

Do give us their NNID when you encounter a hacker. You can see 'em (and block them) in the "Recently played with" tab over at Friends.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Ffs.

I hate these tyoes of ppl beyond deeply.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Welp looks like the hacking is now out of our control.
No. The hacking isn't out of our control. I didn't upload this video to cause a panic in the community and I didn't count on people misunderstanding it. I suppose that I should have expected that though. I did add an annotation to the beginning of the video so hopefully that clears everything up. :)

Please don't worry. :) There isn't any reason to panic over the hacking. It's not a widespread thing and most likely, it won't become widespread. Since I encountered the Luna, I haven't encountered another hacker. I've played for well over 8+ hours since I saw them yesterday so I've had plenty of time to run into more if it were widespread. ^.^" The thing with hacking is that it is reportable. It seems people are scared to report others but we shouldn't be - especially when it comes to hacking.

When the hacking was underground, Nintendo was strict with it. This is the reason most of us didn't talk about it and kept it between friends. Nintendo would ban us if someone reported us for the hacking. Now that hacking is public, I seriously doubt they'll be more lenient with it. IF anyone comes across a hacker, report them immediately. Don't do a second match. Quit and go to the Recently Played list and report them from there. Rudy has already had his profile taken down by the admins - most likely as they investigate the claims. I believe the second has also had her profile taken down while the claims are investigated. Nintendo is serious about keeping hacking off Splatoon. They did this within hours of me encountering them. They worked very quickly to take the profiles down and begin working to validate the claims. Of course it will take time for a ban to be given though. Hacking is a serious accusation and they won't just ban someone without validating it first. ^.^" Nintendo will give hackers a temporary, permanent, or console ban if they can validate the report is authentic.

The hacking is very much within our control if we work with Nintendo. If we remember to report any hackers we see, it will send a warning message to any fools who want to mess around with the exploit. If people are getting widely banned for hacking, it will scare people off. I'm sure most Splatoon players wouldn't want to lose access to Splatoon.... Or their entire Wii U. :) If someone is bragging about hacking online and you know their NNID, don't be afraid to report them as well. Even if it's a friend who is screwing around with the exploit, don't be scared to report them for the hacking. We can report and allow Nintendo to handle it.

There is concern over the hacking. I do understand the concern and I feel partially responsible for it by uploading that video. :( But I do want to assure people that the hacking isn't widespread and it most likely won't become widespread. :)

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
No. The hacking isn't out of our control. I didn't upload this video to cause a panic in the community and I didn't count on people misunderstanding it. I suppose that I should have expected that though. I did add an annotation to the beginning of the video so hopefully that clears everything up. :)

Please don't worry. :) There isn't any reason to panic over the hacking. It's not a widespread thing and most likely, it won't become widespread. Since I encountered the Luna, I haven't encountered another hacker. I've played for well over 8+ hours since I saw them yesterday so I've had plenty of time to run into more if it were widespread. ^.^" The thing with hacking is that it is reportable. It seems people are scared to report others but we shouldn't be - especially when it comes to hacking.

When the hacking was underground, Nintendo was strict with it. This is the reason most of us didn't talk about it and kept it between friends. Nintendo would ban us if someone reported us for the hacking. Now that hacking is public, I seriously doubt they'll be more lenient with it. IF anyone comes across a hacker, report them immediately. Don't do a second match. Quit and go to the Recently Played list and report them from there. Rudy has already had his profile taken down by the admins - most likely as they investigate the claims. I believe the second has also had her profile taken down while the claims are investigated. Nintendo is serious about keeping hacking off Splatoon. They did this within hours of me encountering them. They worked very quickly to take the profiles down and begin working to validate the claims. Of course it will take time for a ban to be given though. Hacking is a serious accusation and they won't just ban someone without validating it first. ^.^" Nintendo will give hackers a temporary, permanent, or console ban if they can validate the report is authentic.

The hacking is very much within our control if we work with Nintendo. If we remember to report any hackers we see, it will send a warning message to any fools who want to mess around with the exploit. If people are getting widely banned for hacking, it will scare people off. I'm sure most Splatoon players wouldn't want to lose access to Splatoon.... Or their entire Wii U. :) If someone is bragging about hacking online and you know their NNID, don't be afraid to report them as well. Even if it's a friend who is screwing around with the exploit, don't be scared to report them for the hacking. We can report and allow Nintendo to handle it.

There is concern over the hacking. I do understand the concern and I feel partially responsible for it by uploading that video. :( But I do want to assure people that the hacking isn't widespread and it most likely won't become widespread. :)
Oh this was you? Sorry I jump the gun there about hacking being out of our control. I guess I was overreacting when I saw your hacked Splatoon video.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Oh this was you? Sorry I jump the gun there about hacking being out of our control. I guess I was overreacting when I saw your hacked Splatoon video.
It's cool~ ^.^ I know the panic hacking can cause but I didn't really think about it before uploading that video. It would probably have been good to add a warning to it beforehand haha. x) Rudy, I know, is becoming rather famous for the hacking and will no doubt banned. He's been around the Japanese community quite a lot - many Japanese twitters are posting about him. Being famous comes with bad things when it comes to hacking though. :P He is on my friends list. I friend requested him because his hack interested me. I haven't seen him online at all over the last day though (and I have Ika to check who is online whenever lol) so I do wonder if he was already banned from online use.

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Okay so:

I know I don't have many rights or much influence to say this and have people listen but I've seen this all before. I've seen it tear communities apart. I've watched as hatred built up amongst groups of what was once a loving community. Don't let this thread and mindset get too out of hand or this will end up just like the Pokémon community with all its sh***y drama and idiotic hate. It's just not worth it. Verlisify has done it to Pokémon, there's no reason it might not happen here.

We have to remember to respect one another's opinions. Some of these opinions just happen to be each other's definition of "fun". Some hackers just don't have fun in the game without their hacks, and while it isn't right to do it in a public match, we need to understand to just let them be. Just exit the match, Nintendo should be able to find out sooner or later. Don't let salt stir up that flame.

And also just remember that Gear Editing is another type of Hacking that gains an advantage, and I'm sure you guys won't be able to track down each and every piece of edited gear. But some people don't consider that unfair. All of this is subjective, so don't let your opinion control your anger.

This is a warning to the entire Splatoon Community. Hacks are bad? Yes. Should we let them define us? No. Respect each other and each others' opinions, don't let another VGC vs Smogon war happen.

P.S. The Forum list this thread is on is called "Multiplayer Discussion". I believe that I have a right to discuss this here, and if not I will take this post down.

mar¡

Inkling
That [Rudy] is the saddest thing I've ever seen... how salty do you have to be to cheat? In m perspective, if you cheat in online play, it's an admittance of being bad at the game. I quite honestly never have encountered anything like it. At first it tugged at my nerves, and I thought, "What the heck is this script kiddie BS?" But I enjoy a good squid party. I'd mash the ZL button and booyah to the end with my team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom