• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

If you have three of the same Brand does it give extra ability?

HumanBean

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HappyHumanBean
If not, that would be something they should consider for future updates! Kind of like in Diablo II (PC game) if you collect and wear an entire set, it gives extra attributes. Also you look cool :) Gives me another reason to hunt for certain items.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
This is the first time anyone's brought this up, so I really doubt this is a thing.

Besides, we're encouraged to diversify. This wouldn't be a great addition.

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
True. We already see enough White Anchor Tees, Zekko Hoodies, Jungle Hats, Neon Sea Slugs, and other Cold Blood/Ninja Squid/Ink Resistence apparel. I can literally spot a meta player as soon as I see them in the plaza just by their gear choices alone.

HumanBean

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HappyHumanBean
I think you guys are missing the point? It's not about going meta, it's about collecting clothing and creating another element for clothes shopping/hunting. No one will abuse anything because the developers can easily make the ability gain something that wont be overpowered. It will make people want to seek out complete sets, not just for looks.

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
I think you guys are missing the point? It's not about going meta, it's about collecting clothing and creating another element for clothes shopping/hunting. No one will abuse anything because the developers can easily make the ability gain something that wont be overpowered. It will make people want to seek out complete sets, not just for looks.
I suppose that's true, they'd probably need to make more gear since now even matching brands doesn't look very fresh. New potential gear for the meta, and matching gear for the freshness. I could see that working out.

HumanBean

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HappyHumanBean
This is the first time anyone's brought this up, so I really doubt this is a thing.

...... you do know meaning of diversify? Diversity embraces new ideas. It's the first? great! All ideas have a "first". Here's an easy to understand example: Your parents had the IDEA to have you - and look at you now, typing away... all alive and stuff. I do appreciate the input though!

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
It's not about going meta
Rule 1 of Squidboards: it's always about going meta.

If there was even a small bonus to be had from matching brands, people would sacrifice a lot to get it. In competitive games, every little boost you can get for yourself counts.

HumanBean

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HappyHumanBean
Rule 1 of Squidboards: it's always about going meta.

If there was even a small bonus to be had from matching brands, people would sacrifice a lot to get it. In competitive games, every little boost you can get for yourself counts.
lol I see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom