• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

If you thought savescumming was bad enough ...

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
then hacking whatever abilities you want for your gear will definitely not please you. Recently there has been a hack that allows people to hack with the latest firmware update and this involves with Splatoon. Now you can set whatever sub ability you want on whatever gear you want. I will not share how to do it since I believe that is against the rules here.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Considering that even save scummers have minimal chances of getting what they want, I see it as justified. It's not fair towards other players, and I'm not trying to say that it is, but the rolling system is in my opinion simply broken. Several days of non-stop gameplay only get you a one-time realistic, but still minimal chance of getting what you want (And with realistic chances, we're still only talking about one-time odds of about 2% for at least 48 hours of gameplay). Taking matters in your own hand in that case is something that I would entirely excuse.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Well that's annoying. The idea of the rolling system is that encourages experimentation and trying out new gears and builds instead of just simply stacking the "most powerful" ability of the day and calling it a day.

I'm never gonna get the obsession some players have with perfect jackpots. I mean, sure, if I get one of them on my hands that's pretty damn cool, but I'm not going to lose my sleep over the few % edge an extra third sub would give me over simply having two equal ones. And that's not to mention the people that simply stack the same ability with no regard of the concept of opportunity costs.

R2D221

Senior Squid
NNID
R2D221
If you didn't want people to know about this you shouldn't have made this thread, as now I'm just gonna look up what you're talking about. :p
The other option is security by obscurity. If the exploit is already possible, then it's the best that we are all aware that it exists and then act accordingly.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The other option is security by obscurity. If the exploit is already possible, then it's the best that we are all aware that it exists and then act accordingly.
What do ya mean? There's not really anything we can do about it, and as with save scumming, we can't truely discern scumed gear from legitimately rolled ones, we wont even be able to tell this hack and save scumming apart.

EDIT: Also didn't find anything about this after google searching. Are you sure whoever your source is isn't pulling your leg?

Last edited:

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
What do ya mean? There's not really anything we can do about it, and as with save scumming, we can't truely discern scumed gear from legitimately rolled ones, we wont even be able to tell this hack and save scumming apart.

EDIT: Also didn't find anything about this after google searching. Are you sure whoever your source is isn't pulling your leg?
This has been done before but now people are starting to figure it out.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
What source? I'm not the original poster.
Sorry that was directed towards the OP.

This has been done before but now people are starting to figure it out.
Is this something any average Joe can do, cause if it is then it'd actually be better if everyone knew about it, that way everyone can have ideal gear evening the playing field.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
Is this something any average Joe can do, cause if it is then it'd actually be better if everyone knew about it, that way everyone can have ideal gear evening the playing field.
I don't want to get banned lol. Don't forget you're hacking.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
So is this altering the way certain weapons like subs work or is it just a more sinister version of save scumming. I'm not trying to find out how it works obviously, but the gist of how its bad is all.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
My question is how easy it actually is to do this hack. For save-scumming all you need is a large enough external memory device to use and can pretty much be done by anyone that has the patience to do it. Only person i've seen have hacked gear is nwplayer and i doubt it's something that any old joe could do. Having perfect gear can give some advantages but it's not absolutely the determening factor in splatoon. You could have near perfect gear but if you suck at using it, than there's no point to it anyways.

Last edited:

Cyan

Inkling Commander
So is this altering the way certain weapons like subs work or is it just a more sinister version of save scumming. I'm not trying to find out how it works obviously, but the gist of how its bad is all.
It requires the use of the exploits in the Internet Browser, once you activate the exploit, your Wii U is hacked until you turn it off. There's a bunch of programmes out there that allow people to dump their game saves on their computer, modify it, then send it back to the Wii U. All Wii U hacks are done through the local network, with the computer sending the modifications to the Wii U as it loads the level. NWPlayer (the one who datamined Splatoon) has an exploit for 5.5.1 and someone who got access to it leaked it a few days ago. Essentially everyone now can use this exploit and modify their save data, so you can effectively give yourself all the shiny/pure gear you want, even if it's the unlikely roll. You really need to have a lot of knowledge about this stuff, as it is a lot more complicated than Wii hacking was. There are harmless hacks around too, that are client side and don't affect other players. One of those is an app called Splatoon Colorizer, which lets you change the colours of the ink and neutral objects to whatever you wish (red ink, black ink, white ink etc.). The thing is @Lonely_Dolphin, even though we can all hack the Wii U right now, not everyone will understand how to modify the correct things in the save, corrupting it and losing everything. This is cheating and is definitely not fair for everyone else.

EDIT: As Lerrone just said, the abilities don't make a huge difference to the gameplay and performance of a player, so it isn't too bad, but it does make it easier to get perfect builds for weapons where gear combos don't work together at all.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
It requires the use of the exploits in the Internet Browser, once you activate the exploit, your Wii U is hacked until you turn it off. There's a bunch of programmes out there that allow people to dump their game saves on their computer, modify it, then send it back to the Wii U. All Wii U hacks are done through the local network, with the computer sending the modifications to the Wii U as it loads the level. NWPlayer (the one who datamined Splatoon) has an exploit for 5.5.1 and someone who got access to it leaked it a few days ago. Essentially everyone now can use this exploit and modify their save data, so you can effectively give yourself all the shiny/pure gear you want, even if it's the unlikely roll. You really need to have a lot of knowledge about this stuff, as it is a lot more complicated than Wii hacking was. There are harmless hacks around too, that are client side and don't affect other players. One of those is an app called Splatoon Colorizer, which lets you change the colours of the ink and neutral objects to whatever you wish (red ink, black ink, white ink etc.). The thing is @Lonely_Dolphin, even though we can all hack the Wii U right now, not everyone will understand how to modify the correct things in the save, corrupting it and losing everything. This is cheating and is definitely not fair for everyone else.

EDIT: As Lerrone just said, the abilities don't make a huge difference to the gameplay and performance of a player, so it isn't too bad, but it does make it easier to get perfect builds for weapons where gear combos don't work together at all.
Yikes! Nintendo consoles have always been a toy for hackers though, so I'm not surprised (and by toy, I mean for fun). At least its not something like invincibility or anything game breaking. This can arguably be considered game breaking too, but I don't consider it too much of a deal breaker since I haven't ran into them often. Hopefully the next hardware is better at keeping this at bay (who am I kidding).

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
The Wii U got hacked very recently, more and more people are getting the hacks...Hopefully it doesn't turn out like Mario Kart Wii with hackers everywhere online.

I'd guess it would be one hit kill, speed hacks, invincibility, infinite specials, moonjump...It might be funny the first time you encounter cheaters, then it will get old very quick. Lost many races in MKW because of hackers.

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
After my Wii became a huge unstable freaking mess because dem hacks, there's no way in hell I'm getting 'em anywhere close my Wii U. I'm keeping this stuff legit, thank you very much.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin

Ah that sounds just like how some 3DS hacking works. Still as long as it's used only for gear perfecting then it's no different than save scumming except it saves even more time. It's definitely very tempting but I think I'll stick to the more "legitimate" method for now as it's easy enough and I'm in no rush. I still think it should be made public for those not patient enough, it inevitably will be anyway. :L

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Can't this be detected by the servers? If not Nintendo should set up something like Valve Anti Cheat or something like that so it can recognize changes to the game client side (like one hit KO on every weps, infinite echolocator, ect.). I don't want this game to become TF2 before the April 28th ban wave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom