• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Iffy bomb collision detection

5quid kid

Inkling
Had a blast in the test fire but found it difficult to chuck accurate bombs. It seemed that the collision detection wasn't quite right with bombs exploding against the edge of blocks when I was clearly aiming past them.

Anyone else notice this?

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Personally no. But I may test this out when I get my hands on the game.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Just keep in mind that the bombs have certain sizes. If your throwing line was just barely over the edge of a wall, more than likely the bomb's going to hit the wall instead of going over it. The line represents the center of the bomb's mass, so just because the targeting line cleared a wall doesn't mean the bomb itself will.

squidfingers

Inkling
I didn't experience it myself but I saw a video of someone trying to throw sticky grenades down past a platform but they got stuck to the platform instead. I did notice its difficult to aim down past platforms with a gun but I think with time I'll be able to do it consistently. We probably just need more time to get a feel for it.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I agree a bit, yeah. It may just be that the gamepad doesn't really fit with me for a game like this though.

FuncDetail

Inkster Jr.
NNID
FuncDetail
It did happen to me a few times that I tried to throw a bomb/projectile above or near a corner, however it would barely hit and bounce off. The line of fire was indeed very close to the wall but since it wasn't hitting it, it would keep showing the marker farther.

It seemed that the collision detection wasn't quite right with bombs exploding against the edge of blocks when I was clearly aiming past them.
Much like Yaezakura said, could it be that despite aiming away from the wall, the projectile is still large enough to hit the obstacles. Again it was a bit iffy but upon checking my footage again, I did notice that my projectile barely hit the wall despite trying to aim as far as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom