• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

iK Splash Ƨ q u a d (NA/EU squid squad!) *closed until further notice

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Important update! We are seriously needing EU members (currently we have a few) please do apply! ; ^ ; Unfortunately, this means that I am not accepting any NA members; but will we are still be open for Europeans!

* op notice - Mods if you feel this isn't the right place - feel free to move - thank you!
* if i get enough people i may split us into different squads, NA, Europe, etc!

iK Splash Ƨ q u a d

◤why don’t you paint the world your colour?

◤ introduction ◥

↳What is iK Splash?

iK Splash is a competitive Splatoon Squad, we will be competing online as well as in online tournaments and be facing against other Squads. It will hopefully contain at least six members; but at this point the numbers are flexible.

◤ a bit more information◥

naturally the goal of this Squad is to perform well and have fun, but, not only that, CoCo would like the small group to encourage and become great friends with one another; after all we are all teammates here. It’s important for each member to get along with one another as well as do their own part. Be kind to one another, be respectful, and work hard. Make sure to always give it your one hundred percent, even in the face of defeat. It’s not over until it's over!

↳ Positive Reinforcements & Salt Levels

The world of competitive gaming is a tough one. It’s to be expected that there will be losses, after all, in order to win, you must first lose. CoCo requests that you do not blame, or point fingers at your teammates. It is more than likely that everyone will be feeling the same way and adding fuel to the fire will not help us as a group. Instead, we should as a team, be focusing on what we did well, and if we focus on what went wrong it will be purely from a critical standpoint. Please, no blaming, this is a team effort. It’s important to work together. Please, try to keep your salt levels to a minimum and display good sportsmanship. Swearing should also be kept to a minimum, we’re family friendly; if you should slip up it will be understandable.

What are thy roles?

roles will be assigned after Splatoon is released. it is hard to figure out what everyone's strong suits are if we haven’t played any games, correct? hopefully, we will be able to determine everyone's strong and weak suits so that we can assign the best roles - battles will also help us work on strategizing. all in all, this is a work of progress, don’t worry though, they’ll be something for you! often times - it’s much easier for others to see your assets as well!

What is the strike system?

CoCo will do her best to refrain from giving strikes but sometimes it is needed. with every warning she will see whether you have taken the warning to heart or not - if nothing has changed you will receive a strike. (warning > strike 1 > warning strike 2) etc. CoCo is an understanding person but there are somethings she will not standing for (such as treating your teammates negatively) etc.

strikes will only be received if nothing has changed - CoCo will do her best not to give them out and they will be a last resort. three strikes and she may remove you, but again, last resort.

↳ training sessions

once everyone is able to play with one another - training sessions will be mandatory. it is important that you attend any sessions you can (you won’t be penalized if don’t show up - unless you never do). these will be important so we can work on our skills and strategies as well as decision making and working as a team -
on the plus side you get to play Splatoon - eh?

◤ other general rules & guidelines◥

→ please make sure you have skype

↳skype will be our primary way of communication both in and out of matches.
while i won’t force anyone to talk in skype calls - it is important for us to communicate during matches. i would like at least the majority of us to be comfortable with this, if you choose not to speak, at least join the call to listen.

→ please give us your full attention & commitment

↳ if you choose to join iK Splash please do not join another squad. one of the most important things for a squad is loyalty and that is difficult to do if you join multiple squads. besides, why make yourself even more busy? it might not even be fair to your other teammates. so, please, give us your one hundred percent, fellow inkling

→ respect, learn and be kind!

↳ this cannot be emphasized enough. learn from your mistakes, respect both your teammates and fellow competitors. be positive because with time, improvement is imminent, it’s all about patience and hard work. so,
go, go, go!

→ activity & communication!

↳ please be active! if i see that you haven’t been around for more than a month i will contact you. this is a team effort after all. if something has come up and you must take a break, emergency etc, please contact! i will be more than happy to accommodate, as well as allow you to be on hiatus etc. it is when you don’t contact me that it becomes a problem. i don’t bite - i may be strict but i’m also understanding. don’t be scared. at the same time if there is something that is bothering you, please, don’t hesitate to contact. be honest ‘mates.

→ no man gets left behind!

↳if you feel as if your Splatoon game is not up to par - let us know. we will dedicate extra training sessions to you - as well as give you some (more) critical feedback. maybe you just need more practice? or perhaps its the weapon? maybe even the position you have? let us know! after all we’re all in this together!

◤ ending & requirements◥

thank you for reading up to this point. CoCo appreciates it. if she hasn’t scared you off the requirements are right here (don’t fear they’re pretty basic). she might seem like a toughie but she really isn’t - being a Captain comes with responsibilities of course!

↳ requirements

→ please make sure you abide by everything you’ve read though
→ CoCo would prefer if you were in the North American time zones (EST, PST etc) simply because it will be easier for us to play together. HOWEVER - these are not real requirements - anyone is free to apply and join. IF I get enough people from other timezones - I may create a separate team for them
→be kind, work hard & respect everyone
→ make sure you also have fun! and do your part of course

if you’re still interested the form is right here.

if you applied please make sure to post here so i can update the OP thread as well as confirm!

once again thank you for wanting to join iK Splash Ƨ q u a d

&

take care!

-

◤current members / roster

Team Captain
@xCoCo

/

Co-Captains
@The_Nintendrone
@Typhlosion09

Squad Members
@AeroDalton
@Jo_splatoon
@NeverSober
@redadil4
@Squiddlypuff
@pixelatedcody
@DaisyFan
@Average
@Dragonuto
@Rhode
@kid gvrbo
@Faces3
@ProphetEyes
@Cereal

Last edited:

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
This team sounds really promising! Good luck with this and hopefully your team will be successful in the competitive scene!

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
This team sounds really promising! Good luck with this and hopefully your team will be successful in the competitive scene!
Thank you so much! I just hope people sign up but gotta be patient you know? Hehe!
It's not over till it's over ~ Well said. I embrace this too.
Exactly ;D You gotta keep going. Go go go.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
This definitely looks like a very organized squad, I hope the best for you in the future

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
This definitely looks like a very organized squad, I hope the best for you in the future
Thank you so much haha. I'm just hoping people are interested. I might go around recruiting if no one signs up in the next few days.

EDIT: OP has changed the requirements a bit and added another notice in the top!

Last edited:

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
one of the main issues I see with the squad is just the name. its complicated to type (I don't even know how to). try using standard characters? just a suggestion.

on another note, im not part of a squad (well, technically I am, but from what I understand it was dismissed) so it think ill apply

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
one of the main issues I see with the squad is just the name. its complicated to type (I don't even know how to). try using standard characters? just a suggestion.

on another note, im not part of a squad (well, technically I am, but from what I understand it was dismissed) so it think ill apply
Yeah I pretty much removed it and settled for calling us iK Splash! But please do apply I'd love to have you ^A^
Edit: I got your response @Typhlosion09 I laughed at the where are you located question - I'd be a bit worried if you weren't on earth.

Last edited:

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
Yeah I pretty much removed it and settled for calling us iK Splash! But please do apply I'd love to have you ^A^
Edit: I got your response @Typhlosion09 I laughed at the where are you located question - I'd be a bit worried if you weren't on earth.
Haha yeah I was considering putting something like walleye warehouse but I went with that instead. I think I should've mentioned this earlier but I'm a pretty busy person and many things will have to come before splatoon such as family, school, etc. That is not to say I won't try to make any of the practice sessions or battles, but I wouldn't be surprised if I have to miss a good portion of them. If you don't want that I don't mind if you kick me off the squad or whatever, it's not too big of a deal to me. However if it's okay with you than thanks a lot.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Haha yeah I was considering putting something like walleye warehouse but I went with that instead. I think I should've mentioned this earlier but I'm a pretty busy person and many things will have to come before splatoon such as family, school, etc. That is not to say I won't try to make any of the practice sessions or battles, but I wouldn't be surprised if I have to miss a good portion of them. If you don't want that I don't mind if you kick me off the squad or whatever, it's not too big of a deal to me. However if it's okay with you than thanks a lot.
Haha I'm glad you went with Earth. And don't worry I get you. I'm a pretty busy person myself, as long as you try to make it, it's all good. Thanks for informing me.
GL with this.
Thank you so much ( :

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very nicely made. Good luck with this! :D

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
yeah i love splatoon lol. so xcoco whats you fav weps and what role do you like to play?
It really depends ( :
In Turf Wars I like to use the roller (sometimes a gun). Where as for Splat Zones usually a gun with either the Echolator, Instrike, or the Bubble. I prefer to play more of a suppoortive role as opposed to rushing in.

How about you?

Also; if you do have a skype feel free to PM it to me so I can add you to the group chat. If you currently don't have one, it's fine.

redadil4

Inkster Jr.
NNID
leatherbelt
I just submitted an application, I know you made this a while ago just hoping you guys have more for one more guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom