• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Ika Musume (Squid Girl) Costume Coming To Splatoon With August Patch!

Recently for an issue of Famitsu, a special collaboration illustration was included where Splatoon crosses over with the Manga Ika Musume (Squid Girl). For those who don't know the manga, it is a series by Masahiro Anbe that has been serialized since 2007. In it a cute Squid Girl sets out to take revenge on mankind for polluting the ocean. However she manages to accidentally do some damage to a beach house and must work as a waitress to pay off her debts and her unusual life on the surface begins from there.

Two other collaborative pictures were also released that you can see here and here. However there is even more exciting news! According to the picture taken from the magazine above it seems a special Ika Musume costume will be coming to Splatoon. It would appear to have a white dress and triangle hat just as the main character of the manga as well. It says it will be coming for free with an update in August. At this time the announcement only seems to pertain to Japan. Stay tuned to Squidboards for any news on it coming elsewhere!

-- Source

SmashCapps is very excited to see this incredibly unique crossover hit Splatoon, and hopes we can use the costume all over the world. To keep up with him and his writing antics follow him on Twitter.

Comments

It had to happen, de geso - Looking forward to it, and hopefully I'll be able to spare some time for watching IkaMusume one of these days!

Do want. Do want for the entire world. Plz Japan.

Also while you're at it, make a costume for Tanabe Kozue from the same series. For those unaware, she's an octopus girl, and thus would fit here like a glove too.

This makes me so happy! As you might guess from my signature, I'm a big Ika Musume fan!

I've been a fan of the manga for a long time and Ika Musume was one of the first things I thought about when Splatoon was announced. I'm definitely going to use this!

Beautiful. I'm already lucky enough to be able to visit Yogurty's to try the new Splatoon flavours, now hopefully I can be doubly lucky to have the Ika Musume costume if it's released to the west.

Yeah I also don't think outfits would be region specific. They might just not identify it as the Ika Musume costume in the non-Japan versions of the game, but it would still be the same thing. Just like how everything has different names already depending on region like the Squid Sisters/Shiokaraazu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom