• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'll draw your female squids! (no longer accepting new submissions!)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Hey everyone, just a little heads up: People have been asking to do commissions for a while now so I've opened up shop here! Just when the request queue ran out, wow what a coincidence!

The main reason this is worth mentioning though, is that commissions will (obviously) take priority over requests which means it'll take a bit longer, but I'll get to the bottom of the stack eventually! Just a little heads up for those who already got their requests in.

OOOOHHH MY GOOOOD! This is amazing!!! Like, waaaay coool! I haven't been on in ever, but I'm glad i checked in! I got really busy with a school project(writing and illustrating a while children's book is harder than you'd think), but our art swap is almost done on my part, just gonna do a final copy tomorrow, because I always to multiple version lol. So I am a paper pencil kind of artist, so I will be taking pictures due to lack of scanner. However, If you want and are okay with it, I could probably mail it to you if you have a PO box.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Here's Lime's request!

OOOOHHH MY GOOOOD! This is amazing!!! Like, waaaay coool! I haven't been on in ever, but I'm glad i checked in! I got really busy with a school project(writing and illustrating a while children's book is harder than you'd think), but our art swap is almost done on my part, just gonna do a final copy tomorrow, because I always to multiple version lol. So I am a paper pencil kind of artist, so I will be taking pictures due to lack of scanner. However, If you want and are okay with it, I could probably mail it to you if you have a PO box.
Thank you!
Unfortunately i do not have a PO box, but i appreciate the thought nonetheless!

Here's Lime's request!

Thank you!
Unfortunately i do not have a PO box, but i appreciate the thought nonetheless!
It appears i lied about being able to give your your part "tomorrow", I ended up busy with family matters, and a project i have to continue doing after class. I suck I totally do but I promise you it's just because I want your drawing to be the best I can do- I've already scrapped and started over a million times.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
@Zawlt Your request is here!

It appears i lied about being able to give your your part "tomorrow", I ended up busy with family matters, and a project i have to continue doing after class. I suck I totally do but I promise you it's just because I want your drawing to be the best I can do- I've already scrapped and started over a million times.
Dude, don't worry about it! Just have fun with the request and don't discredit yourself.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Just asking, what are you using to draw this? I would like to know how to draw as well as you.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Hey, did something inbetween requests that i finally ended up finishing!

Just asking, what are you using to draw this? I would like to know how to draw as well as you.
I use CLIP art studio for my stuff, but if you're new to art I'd recommend SAI over CLIP. SAI's cheaper, has a low learning curve and is pretty simple. The main downside is that it's texture support leaves a lot to be desired, but it's pretty solid otherwise!
There's also FireAlpaca, some of my friends use it and I've heard a lot of good things about that software. Plus, it's free!
There's also the youtube channel Sycra, which has tons of useful learning material.

Do keep in mind that art in general is a very slow, patient process. Picking up fancy software won't immediately fix your problems, so be patient and most of all have fun!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
hey mods at least let me delete posts k

Last edited:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
@Zak98 @DDatomica94 @InklingJoe
I personally really hate to announce this, but I'm cancelling your requests. This is a pretty hard decision to make, but a recent personal issue considering a diagnosis on my left wrist has left me in a very down mood for the past week, and i think it'd be better if i put a stop to this for the sake of my mental health. I'm no machine, and there's unfortunately only so much i can take before breaking and I'm close to that point right now.

It really sucks, but such is life. I might pick this back up again at a later mood but i wouldn't count on it. I'm so sorry for disappointing you guys.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
@Zak98 @DDatomica94 @InklingJoe
I personally really hate to announce this, but I'm cancelling your requests. This is a pretty hard decision to make, but a recent personal issue considering a diagnosis on my left wrist has left me in a very down mood for the past week, and i think it'd be better if i put a stop to this for the sake of my mental health. I'm no machine, and there's unfortunately only so much i can take before breaking and I'm close to that point right now.

It really sucks, but such is life. I might pick this back up again at a later mood but i wouldn't count on it. I'm so sorry for disappointing you guys.
It's understandable, i'm sorry this has happened to you. i hope you get better soon

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
No worries. I'm sorry to hear that. No disappointment. Take some time for yourself, everyone needs it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom