• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'll write your inklings' fan fictions!

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
I really like writing Splatoon fan fictions, so if you want me to I can write one about your inkling, preferably a short one. Just give me the basic plot line, a description of your inkling, and their personality!

Oh...and tell me if you want it to be first person or third person ^w^

Here's a short one for reference:

"Agent 323 reporting, mission will begin in thirty minutes. Get ready."
I rolled over on the thin, moth-eaten mattress I unfortunately called a bed and wondered, as I did every day, what it would be like to be an inkling. An inkling with an easy life. A fun life. But instead I was an octoling. Octoling number 453, to be precise.
I got out of the "bed" and pushed my tentacles up into the signature octoling curls. They automatically straightened and I sighed.
I had slept in my armor, so there was no need to change. I grabbed my octoshot from the corner of the room and ran out. I was late. As usual. I looked around and...
Everyone was gone. They had left without me.
I hardened my gaze to stop my eyes from brimming with tears. That was another fault of mine. I was a coward and a crybaby.
I let out a long breath through pursed lips and threw my octoshot onto the ground. And...

"Gotcha!"

A Splattershot was pointed at my throat. "Hey! Ah! What did I do?"
Yeah. I tended to mutter ridiculous sentences at times of great danger.

That's all for now...

Stay fresh!!

Last edited:

Kytez

Inkling
NNID
dustyxpie
I've been wanting to write a Splatoon story for a while now, actually. Maybe you would whip something up with one of my lead characters?

Inkling name: Beaker [Male]
Main Weapon: Splash-o-matic
Tentacle Color: Dark Blue (Turf War)
Eye Color: Yellow
Gear: Pilot Goggles, White Inky Rider, Punk Whites

Beaker is a skilled Turfer, coming from a long line of Splash-o-matic nobles. He's rather sneaky, preferring to avoid close-quarters combat by fleeing into safety. For this, he's often labeled a coward. He is, however, adept at pressing the enemy with his bombs, and although they rarely land hits, they always send enemy squids scattering. Because of this playstyle that relies heavily on avoiding combat, he is not the best teammate on a Ranked squad.

Due to his coming from a long line of Splash-o-matic users, Beaker revels in pride and is very territorial. Despite his best efforts to be humble and polite when the situation calls for it, he can be selfish and displays an air of superbia in the face of his enemies. Often times his undoing in battle or combat is underestimating the enemy.
He is extremely loyal, whether it is to people or ideas, even to a point of obstinance, which explains why he refuses to use any weapon that is not his family's Splash-o-matic. Friendship is a precious thing to him and he keeps it sacred by having only a close ring of friends, whom he treats well and with the utmost sincerity. He becomes attatched to things easily and has trouble letting things go. Because of this, he doesn't forget easily and often harbors resentment. He does not, however, show his resentment openly.

Given that he's skilled at Turf War, I thought you might want to give that idea a little work, by perhaps, putting him in a more competitive or brutal environment. Say, have him participate in a Ranked Battle where for once, he's the weak link in the team. The only thing I would say is essential is for his flaws as well as his strengths to show through.

I want to gain a little more insight as to the different ways I could portray this character, so I thought it might be best if I left the rest up to you.
But please, let me know if you'd like some more information. Oh, and third-person, please.

Thanks ever so kindly ^^

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
I've been wanting to write a Splatoon story for a while now, actually. Maybe you would whip something up with one of my lead characters?

Inkling name: Beaker [Male]
Main Weapon: Splash-o-matic
Eye Color: Yellow
Gear: Pilot Goggles, White Inky Rider, Punk Whites

Beaker is a skilled Turfer, coming from a long line of Splash-o-matic nobles. He's rather sneaky, preferring to avoid close-quarters combat by fleeing into safety. For this, he's often labeled a coward. He is, however, adept at pressing the enemy with his bombs, and although they rarely land hits, they always send enemy squids scattering. Because of this playstyle that relies heavily on avoiding combat, he is not the best teammate on a Ranked squad.

Due to his coming from a long line of Splash-o-matic users, Beaker revels in pride and is very territorial. Despite his best efforts to be humble and polite when the situation calls for it, he can be selfish and displays an air of superbia in the face of his enemies. Often times his undoing in battle or combat is underestimating the enemy.
He is extremely loyal, whether it is to people or ideas, even to a point of obstinance, which explains why he refuses to use any weapon that is not his family's Splash-o-matic. Friendship is a precious thing to him and he keeps it sacred by having only a close ring of friends, whom he treats well and with the utmost sincerity. He becomes attatched to things easily and has trouble letting things go. Because of this, he doesn't forget easily and often harbors resentment. He does not, however, show his resentment openly.

Given that he's skilled at Turf War, I thought you might want to give that idea a little work, by perhaps, putting him in a more competitive or brutal environment. Say, have him participate in a Ranked Battle where for once, he's the weak link in the team. The only thing I would say is essential is for his flaws as well as his strengths to show through.

I want to gain a little more insight as to the different ways I could portray this character, so I thought it might be best if I left the rest up to you.
But please, let me know if you'd like some more information. Oh, and third-person, please.

Thanks ever so kindly ^^
If you could give me his level, that would be great. Also if you could name some of his friends, and lastly...how do you want the story to start?
Thank you so much, I appreciate it!

Last edited:

Kytez

Inkling
NNID
dustyxpie
If you could give me his level, that would be great. Also if you could name some of his friends, and lastly...how do you want the story to start?
Thank you so much, I appreciate it!
Sorry for such a late reply ^^'

Beaker's level is 50, and he is a rank C.
I'll just put some really short bios of each of his friends here.

Inkling: Rocko [Male]
Main Weapon: Gold Dynamo Roller
Eye Color: Green
Gear: Studio Headphones, Octoling Armor, Gold Hi-Horses
Beaker's best friend. Good at splatting foes and saves his life in battle often.
The best at lightening the mood.

Inkling: Tenta [Female]
Main Weapon: N'Zap 89
Tentacle Color: Orange
Eye Color: Brown
Gear: Squidvader Cap, Baby-Jelly-Shirt, Red Hi-Tops
A balanced and considerable force in battle. Inkstrikes left and right.

The most talented

Inkling Name: Lance [Male]
Main Weapon: Luna Blaster
Tentacle Color: Purple
Eye Color: Pink
Gear: Whatever you want
A master at close-quarters combat.
The most polite host.

I think it'd be best if you started it in or around the lobby, with Beaker preparing to enter a battle or something of the like. Feel free to deviate from this if you feel you must.

Thanks again ^^

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Sorry for such a late reply ^^'

Beaker's level is 50, and he is a rank C.
I'll just put some really short bios of each of his friends here.

Inkling: Rocko [Male]
Main Weapon: Gold Dynamo Roller
Eye Color: Green
Gear: Studio Headphones, Octoling Armor, Gold Hi-Horses
Beaker's best friend. Good at splatting foes and saves his life in battle often.
The best at lightening the mood.

Inkling: Tenta [Female]
Main Weapon: N'Zap 89
Tentacle Color: Orange
Eye Color: Brown
Gear: Squidvader Cap, Baby-Jelly-Shirt, Red Hi-Tops
A balanced and considerable force in battle. Inkstrikes left and right.

The most talented

Inkling Name: Lance [Male]
Main Weapon: Luna Blaster
Tentacle Color: Purple
Eye Color: Pink
Gear: Whatever you want
A master at close-quarters combat.
The most polite host.

I think it'd be best if you started it in or around the lobby, with Beaker preparing to enter a battle or something of the like. Feel free to deviate from this if you feel you must.

Thanks again ^^

...Tenta is a name I've thought of before, too! A couple last things-sorry for the trouble!-Has he ever played ranked before, what is his gear, and do you want me to regularly post the story so you can tell me how to edit the style, or have me post the whole thing when done?

Again, I'm so sorry for all the trouble- I've never written a fan fiction for another person's character. Please bear with me :) Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Kytez

Inkling
NNID
dustyxpie
...Tenta is a name I've thought of before, too! A couple last things-sorry for the trouble!-Has he ever played ranked before, what is his gear, and do you want me to regularly post the story so you can tell me how to edit the style, or have me post the whole thing when done?

Again, I'm so sorry for all the trouble- I've never written a fan fiction for another person's character. Please bear with me :) Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
It's no trouble at all, really. You offered to write for me, this is the least I can do :)

I believe I mentioned Beaker's gear before. It's the Pilot Goggles, White Inky Rider, and Punk Whites. As for Lance's gear, which wasn't specified, I'll just put down the Sporty Bobble Hat, Zapfish Satin Jacket, and the White Kicks.

All of these characters have played ranked before, Lance the most frequently, and Beaker the least frequently. In fact, let's change Beaker back to C-, it just makes more sense.

Go ahead and post the whole thing when you're done. I like surprises, and I'm pretty patient. That being said, feel free to take your time.

Also, Tenta is 'the most talented at sewing.' Not sure why I left that out, sorry. I find it cute we thought of the same name ^^

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
It's no trouble at all, really. You offered to write for me, this is the least I can do :)

I believe I mentioned Beaker's gear before. It's the Pilot Goggles, White Inky Rider, and Punk Whites. As for Lance's gear, which wasn't specified, I'll just put down the Sporty Bobble Hat, Zapfish Satin Jacket, and the White Kicks.

All of these characters have played ranked before, Lance the most frequently, and Beaker the least frequently. In fact, let's change Beaker back to C-, it just makes more sense.

Go ahead and post the whole thing when you're done. I like surprises, and I'm pretty patient. That being said, feel free to take your time.

Also, Tenta is 'the most talented at sewing.' Not sure why I left that out, sorry. I find it cute we thought of the same name ^^
Alright, thank you again so much. I'm making Tenta kind of bossy in a playful way, hope you don't mind. I'm making good progress :)

Attachments

Kytez

Inkling
NNID
dustyxpie
I don't mind at all. I actually like it, because I kind of imagined her as the sweet type who's the one to always offer the best moral support. It's different, and I can't wait to see her in a different light.

You're very welcome, and thanks for writing for me. I cannot wait for the end product!

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Ohhh... this sounds cool. I have some characters you can whip a story about.
Name: Jesse Rhode
Race: Inkling
Apperance: https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69jL680YHaneWmL
Personality: Jesse is an ordinary Inkling who grows up near Arowana Mall. He's an only child, and hasn't really shared much with anyone, so when he first found out about the his Octoling "sister", he wasn't exactly thrilled. Growing up, his parents were always doing some type of business, so he takes it upon himself to cook, cnd clean for himself. So naturally when his Octoling friend causes an accident either by injuring herself, he always helps wash and clean her wounds. Because of this, people jokingly call him a "house-husband", which annoy's him. Jesse can get frustrated easily, often having small catchphrases about it: "Gah! This way too frustrating!" His frustrations often lead to him making rash decisions, or when it comes to Turf and Ranked Battles, either follow a certain enemy or avoid playing all together. His Octoling "sister" also provides him a great deal of frustration as well due to her affectionate/clumsy nature with him, causing him to act a bit like a Tsundere towards her, ableit a less jerkish manner, but he really cares for her and is generally a nice person otherwise. Another fun fact as he grew up watching Disney movies, he has a passion for singing and dancing and does it for very special events. In Battle, he usually uses a Splattershot Jr, Rapid Blaster Deco, and Splatterscope.
Name: Nagisa Rhode
Race: Octoling
Apperance: A regular red Octoling wearing a Part-Time Pirate, Cyan Trainers, and Fake Contacts.
Personality: Very affectionate with people she's close to, which happen to be Jesse, and his friends, Lucas and Tyler. She also has nicknames for those she's close to, such as "Jes" for Jesse, "Lulu" for Lucas and "Ty" for Tyler. She can also be very clumsy, which usually gets her small bruises that Jesse willingly patches up for her, which she's extremely grateful for. She uses an Splatterscope as her main weapon.
Name: Lucas Brooklyn
Apperance:https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69jQvXsYeNFZCtM he's also smaller than the rest of the group.
Personality: Lucas is a joker/prankster, and its never a dull moment with him around. He loves pointing out the closeness of Nagisa and Jesse's relationship in order to get a reaction out of the two. He uses a :wst_shot_precision00:.
Name: Tyler Aquatic
Apperance:https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69itvNbUDAg0Rc7
Personality: Tyler has a more boyish personality, due to the fact that he's the youngest of the group, and he too enjoy's teasing Jesse and Nagisa about how close they are, in a boyish way. He uses a :wst_shot_normal01:.
General Plot: So Jesse and Nagisa head to Booyah Base in order to do Squad Battles in order to help increase their ranks, which are B for Jesse, B- for Nagisa and Lucas, and C+ for Tyler. One of the people the group contacted to do Squad Battles with, whose name is Evan isn't able to come due to a music lesson. So the group set off to do Battles, and hiliariousness ensues given Nagisa's affectionate and clumsy nature, Jesse's Tsundereness, and Lucas and Tyler's teasing.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Ohhh... this sounds cool. I have some characters you can whip a story about.
Name: Jesse Rhode
Apperance: https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69jL680YHaneWmL
Personality: Jesse is an ordinary Inkling who grows up near Arowana Mall. He's an only child, and hasn't really shared much with anyone, so when he first found out about the his Octoling "sister", he wasn't exactly thrilled. Growing up, his parents were always doing some type of business, so he takes it upon himself to cook, cnd clean for himself. So naturally when his Octoling friend causes an accident either by injuring herself, he always helps wash and clean her wounds. Because of this, people jokingly call him a "house-husband", which annoy's him. Jesse can get frustrated easily, often having small catchphrases about it: "Gah! This way too frustrating!" His frustrations often lead to him making rash decisions, or when it comes to Turf and Ranked Battles, either follow a certain enemy or avoid playing all together. His Octoling "sister" also provides him a great deal of frustration as well due to her affectionate/clumsy nature with him, causing him to act a bit like a Tsundere towards her, ableit a less jerkish manner, but he really cares for her and is generally a nice person otherwise. Another fun fact as he grew up watching Disney movies, he has a passion for singing and dancing and does it for very special events. In Battle, he usually uses a Splattershot Jr, Rapid Blaster Deco, and Splatterscope.
Name: Nagisa Rhode
Race: Octoling
Apperance: A regular red Octoling wearing a Part-Time Pirate, Cyan Trainers, and Fake Contacts.
Personality: Very affectionate with people she's close to, which happen to be Jesse, and his friends, Lucas and Tyler. She also has nicknames for those she's close to, such as "Jes" for Jesse, "Lulu" for Lucas and "Ty" for Tyler. She can also be very clumsy, which usually gets her small bruises that Jesse willingly patches up for her, which she's extremely grateful for. She uses an Splatterscope as her main weapon.
Name: Lucas Brooklyn
Apperance:https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69jQvXsYeNFZCtM he's also smaller than the rest of the group.
Personality: Lucas is a joker/prankster, and its never a dull moment with him around. He loves pointing out the closeness of Nagisa and Jesse's relationship in order to get a reaction out of the two. He uses a :wst_shot_precision00:.
Name: Tyler Aquatic
Apperance:https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69itvNbUDAg0Rc7
Personality: Tyler has a more boyish personality, due to the fact that he's the youngest of the group, and he too enjoy's teasing Jesse and Nagisa about how close they are, in a boyish way. He uses a :wst_shot_normal01:.
General Plot: So Jesse and Nagisa head to Booyah Base in order to do Squad Battles in order to help increase their ranks, which are B for Jesse, B- for Nagisa and Lucas, and C+ for Tyler. One of the people the group contacted to do Squad Battles with, whose name is Evan isn't able to come due to a music lesson. So the group set off to do Battles, and hiliariousness ensues given Nagisa's affectionate and clumsy nature, Jesse's Tsundereness, and Lucas and Tyler's teasing.
Thank you so much for all the info! Just a couple of questions:

Do you want it to be sort of romantic? (Sorry for sounding like a pervert)
Which mode should it be for the squad battles?
About how many battles should I include?
How should he find about Nasiga? Should the story include him meeting her?

Thanks again, my pleasure to write this for someone who writes really well! I'll edit this if I have anymore questions. :D

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Thank you so much for all the info! Just a couple of questions:

Do you want it to be sort of romantic? (Sorry for sounding like a pervert)
Which mode should it be for the squad battles?
About how many battles should I include?
How should he find about Nasiga? Should the story include him meeting her?

Thanks again, my pleasure to write this for someone who writes really well! I'll edit this if I have anymore questions. :D
1. Don't make it romantic, as they're are just friends... for now. (And no that doesn't make you sound like a pervert at all.)
2. I'd say RainMaker.
3. Do 3 battles, with a little bit of breaks in between the battles.
4. So Nagisa is adopted by Jesse's family due to the Octoling Exchange Act. So after the events of Splatoon's single player, or Hero Mode, the Inklings goverment decided to patch up things with the Octolings. However, instead of letting all the Octolings into Inkopolis, which would no doubt cause multiple issues, the government decides to do a "Octoling Exchange Act", where a family can have an Octoling or two based on a Au-pair system. This is how Nagisa and Jesse know each other and how come everyone in the story isn't freaking at a Octoling wondering in Inkopolis.
Thanks!

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
@Kytez
Is it fine if I introduce a squid girl named KiKi to the story? If not, that's fine, just want your opinion.

@MacSmitty
You might have to wait a while for your story, be patient ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom