• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'm Kaj! Splatoon Newbie

KajChambers

Inkling
NNID
StarluoAngel
Hey there! The name's KajChambers, but I just go by Kaj. I've been meaning to join this forum for quite some time now but never got around to it. Well, here I am now! Allow me to talk a little bit about my situation...

Ever since Splatoon came out, I've been a big fan of it but I was never really able to play it to great lengths due to several reasons. First reason being the lack of my own TV. There's really only one I can use (the living room TV) so that's where my Wii U is docked at. However, the TV's always being used and so I can never manage to play Splatoon. Another issue was the constant disconnects. I have no idea why it happens, but it does and it's frustrating. It was pretty depressing knowing that I had the game but could barely play it.

Anyway, with Splatoon 2 rounding the corner, I thought I'd finally join this forum! I am intent on playing Splatoon competitively this time around (I only got to around level 23 and C rank) and I really want to be able to immerse myself in this game without any problems in my way.

Now for a few facts about myself:
- I'm 17
- I'm an artist
- I want to major in animation
- I love everything Nintendo-related

I can't wait to settle into this place!

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Hey man, welcome to the boards. Nice to see another artist around, been seeing them joining up in the ranks and putting that creative thread into a active community. So you want to major in animation? I might recommend one site, but these people will pretty much downright pull everything to the barren of your skills.

It's conceptart.org and it is kinda of a workhorse site for people who want to become skilled into the career, so be warned, they will work you to the bone.

Also if you want nice basics on things you probably never knew, this site will help you: http://www.thedrawingwebsite.com/

I happen to do a lot of comic artwork, which I am skilled in pretty much. I show my art here and there, so yeah, nice seeing people having good spirit!

And sucks with not having time to play the game, and disconnections. We're basically being slammed with a poor modem from AT&T, meh. Hopefully it doesn't effect gameplay wise for Splatoon 2.

To top it off, I love Nintendo. Every bit of it, especially Mario, Metroid, Zelda, anything, you name it buddy! So welcome to the forums, and enjoy your stay!

KajChambers

Inkling
NNID
StarluoAngel
Thank you for the amazing resources. I'll definitely bookmark these.

It's nice to know there are fellow artists on here. Eventually I will post some of my art onto the boards (mostly just Splatoon-related, though I don't really draw inklings that often...) once I become adjusted to all of this.

I don't know if the Global Testfire is any indication of what we're in for (in regards to lag/dc stuff) but I didn't have any disconnections at all during that weekend and I really hope the actual game follows that trend.

Nintendo is all I've known, haha. I'm a big fan of Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, Kirby and MOTHER (just to name a few).

Thanks for such a warm welcome and I hope we get to cross paths again!

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Hey there, welcome to Squidboards! I'm sure you'll feel right at home, we're all a bit crazed about this Squid Game, and I'm sure you'll find this to be a great place to enjoy its glory. I know how you feel about the game as well, my Wii U broke in April and I haven't been able to play since, so I'm on the hype train to Splat 2. Well, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom