• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

I'm new. Please give me attention so I can feel better as a human being.

NerdiestNerder

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pahaw105
Switch Friend Code
SW-3271-4243-4054
The title was sarcastic. You knew that, right?
----
But yes, I am new to the forum, and I would like some advice.

I'm getting ahead of myself first. Let's review my Splatoon history. I bought Splatoon for Wii U pretty much the second it came out, and found myself loving splat rollers. I played the heck out of that game until I moved on to other games, every once in a while binge playing the game all night.

One unfortunate day, I had an accident with the splat roller that I wish not to remember. After that moment, I became a charger, starting the Gamers Against Splat Rollers (GASR). We have one member (me).

When the Switch came out, I decided to get Breath Of The Wild instead of Splatoon 2, and I guess the game just got away from memory. After BotW, I got Mario Odyssey, the MK8D, then Arms (a terrible investment), then Stardew Valley.

One day, I pulled out Splatoon 1 and played a few rounds, remembering just how fun the game was. All of a sudden, I had a craving for the sequel. But, before I buy it, I have one question...

IS IT WORTH IT?

I have Splatoon 1, and since the online feature is still up, is it even worth buying the sequal right now? Since I assumed most of you have both games, I would like to know if the second is that much better than the first one.

Personally, I'm excited for it for two reasons.

1. The Salmon Run thingy: For the life of me, I couldn't remember the name, just that it had Salmon in it. Did I get it right? I'm excited about this because I have a younger sibling who loves things like this, and I would be super excited to bond with him over this. How is this mode?

2. This forum. I never got into the whole "friend" aspect of Splatoon 1. I think I only played with my online friends once or twice, though those times were the most fun I had ever had on this game. I think with this forum and its discord, I have a good chance of always having someone to play with. (SW-3271-4243-4054) I'm really excited about this.

Anyways, please tell me if Splatoon 2 is a big improvement. Also, is Splatoon 2 compatible with a Joy-Con on its side, so I can have 2-player multiplayer with only 2 joy-cons? (How many times did I just put the number 2 in this paragraph?)

With that said, I'm excited, and please reach out to me if you want to play Splatoon 2 when (or if) I get it. I cannot wait until it is I who welcome the newcomers after me!

Orion

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8505-0199-9402
Hi yea splatoon 2 is a great improvement over splatoon. I think just about everything about it is an improvement.Salmon run is actually a lot of fun and even better with friends also splatoon is single player only they don’t have a local multiplayer mode like in the original so yea

Last edited by a moderator:

NerdiestNerder

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pahaw105
Switch Friend Code
SW-3271-4243-4054
Thanks for the link! Also, it's nice to see that Splatoon 2 isn't just another Switch port from the Wii U. Am I the only annoyed about the hype over MK8D and other Wii U ports, even though they were HATED on their Wii U counterparts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom