• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I'm pretty new to Splatoon. Anything important I should know?

Ameer

Inkling
NNID
Ameeru
I just started playing Splatoon yesterday and I'm in love with it. I reached level 10 today and whenever I do lose, I go into losing streaks. How can I fix this?

I'm already playing objective (I come from Overwatch, so I act as if the objective is my baby) so please don't give me that.

I need stuff like how should I play with x weapon, how can I get better, and how can I win more?

Thank you :)

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
What weapon have you enjoyed most so far?

Maave

Inkling Commander
Starter tips: Use squid form often to remain hidden and to flank - if you're not shooting or jumping you should probably be in squid form. Get familiar with your weapons range, sneak closer or wait for them to come close if they outrange you. Engage enemies when they surround themselves in your own team's ink, and conversely avoid getting in the middle of enemy ink. Pair up with teammates to have a combat advantage when you encounter single opponents, just keep a little space between you so that a surprise bomb doesn't hit both.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Two things from my personal playstyle you're welcome to attempt:

Stop thinking linearly and think more spherical. You're not restricted to moving back-and-forth to-and-fro, so move less like the Punisher and more like Spider-ManSquid.

Use the recon mode whenever. Especially if you're not happy with your session or going through a losing streak. Learn the range of your weapon, pathways, differences between modes, how far your bombs can reach, etc. But most especially: Play in recon mode! Make up some jumps, figure out some wall swims, sneaky and easily overlooked spots to hide, etc. Or just wander about and enjoy the map for what it is and all the work that went into it and tiny details therein.

It'll help you cool down as well as help you become more maneuverable and adaptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom