• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Imagine a Free for all mode

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
That would be crazy, fun, and get real frustrating real quick.

Seems like something that would be in Splatoon.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
This is. . .an amazing idea. o_o

Would definitely be chaotic, but that'd be part of the fun, and the results screen would look awesome.

Just do it, Nintendo!

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
You would have no mobility at all, constantly stuck in 7 different colors of enemy ink. It wouldn't work at all, you need teams to paint together.

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
You could always make everyone the same color, or let players swim through any color of ink.
That would be a horrible idea. I shouldn't even have to explain it. It would literally just become every other shooter but more bullshit because of the central mechanics around movement through ink.

Putting down ink and running through it is what distinguishes Splatoon from other shooters. After the entire map gets covered there isn't anything left to ink, only players to kill and I really think that runs diametrically opposite to what the core fundamentals of design Nintendo was aiming for were with Splatoon.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Free-for-all should deffinatly be a thing!

ZestyN

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZestyN
I've been wanting this since the beginning. Glad I'm not the only one. I'd love for their to be an F4A mode that bases scores on splats, as well.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Definitely want. Pretty surprised it wasn't in, honestly.

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
But it wouldn't even work. You would need EIGHT spawn points which already makes it near impossible seeing as no map has enough space for that many spawns, and each spawn needs a force field as well.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Yeah, the maps would definitely need some serious adjustments, or very specialized maps would have to be created.

I don't think the 8 people sharing an ink color would work very well, because it would become kind of impossible to build your special meter.

It definitely.. doesn't seem like something they plan on doing, but it could make a neat side mode I think

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Perhaps make it so that ink doesn't stay on the ground (and thus, no swimming) and players are faster in humanoid form.

Also, specialized maps would be nice as well.

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis
Perhaps make it so that ink doesn't stay on the ground (and thus, no swimming) and players are faster in humanoid form.

If ink doesn't stay on the ground then what is the point of even playing. Swimming in ink is the core mechanic of the game, you can't just take it away.

superhiero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
eRonin

That would literally just be a normal third-person shooter then. I don't think that's what anybody here would want for Splatoon.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
FFA 8 players is a bad idea. 5 or 4 players? Very good idea ;)
We would need new maps (star or square shaped) just for this mode, though, so my hopes aren't too high about this.

SalsaSavant

Full Squid
Yeah, there are problems with it that people listed.

Maybe we can get something like 2v2v2v2 working, or at least 2v2v2. Would require some adjustments, but it could work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom