• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 In need of help

Sweaxay

Inkling
Hello, im pretty new to the forums and competitive splatoon, i was wondering how can I choose my weapons,im level 14 and here is my discord in case you want to dm me: Sweaxay#9620. I will really appreciate any feedback.

the

Inkling Commander
What do u mean by how to choose your weapons? Like finding out which weapons you’re good at?

the

Inkling Commander
Well, which weapons do you have the most success with? Unless it’s totally outclassed like splattershot jr, aerospray, and inkbrush (to name a few) I feel like most weapons can be useful competitively!

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Well there's really no answer to this. You just have to try a lot of weapons and choose one you like, or one you wish you were good at. There's really no process to choosing your first main other than trying different stuff out.

Sweaxay

Inkling
Well there's really no answer to this. You just have to try a lot of weapons and choose one you like, or one you wish you were good at. There's really no process to choosing your first main other than trying different stuff out.
Thanks im taking this into consideration

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I like mini splatling and octobrush
Then start using them a lot, bring them into ranked, try to rank up. Just practice a lot. Also if you watch competitive players play, you can get strategies and stuff

Last edited:

Sweaxay

Inkling
Then start using them a lot, being them into ranked, try to rank up. Just practice a lot. Also if you watch competitive players play, you can get strategies and stuff
Thanks, I feel like im gonna be a better player

Reactions: the

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Then start using them a lot, being them into ranked, try to rank up. Just practice a lot. Also if you watch competitive players play, you can get strategies and stuff
I can't stress this enough. Watch competitive players use your weapon. Learning ttek I watch fuzzy. Learning zimi I watch gamer. Learning E-Liter I watch Pika. Be vigilant and try to pick up on the most information you can grab based on their gameplay.

Reactions: the

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Go to Sheldon's shop and test the weapons there, if you find a weapon to your liking of all you have tested, use it.
I started having fun with Splatlings that way.

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
Brace for a wall of text:

Try going through Octo Canyon to get used to some of the Hero weapons (try to use the same sub as that weapon’s kit). That way you can experience a bunch of weapon types without having to pay for them. Pick one you like the feel of, buy it, and take it into Turf War to get the hang of it.

In Turf War, you want to test out its range (both effective [when it can reliably splat] and actual [when its bullets can deal damage at all]), weaknesses, any ways you can get around the weaknesses, and finally, what the main goal of the weapon is, and how you can accomplish it.

Take the Hero/Splat Charger, for example. Its effective range is longer than most other weapons, but it has a weakness to weapons with a longer range, and those that can kill at close range.

To deal with longer-ranged weapons, you can use the Stingray to hit them from behind walls; or you can store a charge and swim closer to hit them; or you can wait for them to fire, and use your superior charge rate to splat them before they can charge. For close-range weapons, you can throw bombs to stop them following you; snipe them before they can get close; stay on high ledges; always have an escape route ready; and attack with uncharged shots or superjump away when cornered.

Finally, the goal of the Charger is to control a wide area including the objective (for Turf War, the centre of the map), stay safe behind the rest of the team, and act as support and a superjump beacon. To do this, you need to snipe opponents, throw Splat Bombs and use Stingray to reveal enemies to your team; and stay alive as long as possible by changing positions often and peaking from behind walls.

Once you’ve figured put how the weapon works, you can take it into Ranked. Figure out quickly whether the weapon’s good for the current rotation - if not, it’s probably better to try again later and turn to a different weapon for the time being, keeping your rank intact.

Otherwise, it’s mostly practice from this point on, so keep at it and try to learn what you’re doing wrong instead of giving up - none of the Hero weapons are bad (some are better for Turf War though, try their alternate kits in that case), so if you keep dying there’s almost certainly a way to fix that.

Tl;dr: I don’t care, read it anyway you jerk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom