• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

a

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Yeah, what Flareth said, and also you can't always expect them to go and rush/push. Maybe you could try to initiate it, by that I mean trying to push yourself and see if they'll follow you.

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
I'm sure there was a little bit of salt in your post, but it's doubtful that we can determine the age of our teammates based on how good they are ;) There are bad players at all levels and ages and even good players have really bad days or games and make stupid decisions.

But if you're just venting...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
There are 10 year olds that have advanced knowledge of battle tactics and map layouts, and there's other 10 year olds who aim at the floor the whole match. With games like this, skill has nothing to do with the age of the playerbase.

All you can do in any given match with randoms is do your best. Maybe that'll be enough, maybe not.

Templar

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TemplarAnimated
If its ranked, the skill of your teammates match the rank you are in, its just the way. Usually to rank up, you have to outplay everyone out on the field in some way, so its expected your teammates aren't going to do well all the time.

GoldWatson

Full Squid
NNID
floandgold
tfw when there's everybody says that 6 year olds are bad by default. I'm offended by this because I am obviously a 6 year old.

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
tfw when there's everybody says that 6 year olds are bad by default. I'm offended by this because I am obviously a 6 year old.
Well, my 5 year old is an A- and is good enough to be higher in rank but he lacks some focus. My 9 year old son has two accounts at S. So, I'd be vicariously offended if someone said younger kids are bad by default ;)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
Why would age groups matter at all? Many people around my age (14-18) and even younger people can easily preform better than some people over 20 years old. If your playing in ranked, just improve your own abilities, and you will rank up according to your skill level.

dylan_not_bob

Stardust Crusquider
I feel really bad for my team(s) when I decide to start learning a new weapon (currently Zink Mini Splatling) and I end up performing awful because I'm not familiar with the ins-and-outs of a particular style. :(

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I have to consider my own experience when this happens. Being completely aware of everything around you at all times is really hard... obviously ideal, but we're humans and can't always perform totally optimally or anything. I've been ****ing around when a team mate gets a triple kill and wants to push. Didn't notice until it was a bit too late. I felt bad, but it was just an honest mistake/lack of concentration. So when I clear out the team and nobody pushes, yeah, its frustrating, but every Splatoon match has numerous things going on all at once, at all times, so its not realistic to always expect your team mates to notice and react to what you are doing. idk

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
You posted this yesterday, did this happen to take place playing rank during a Japanese splatfest? do not play rank during a Japanese splatfest, you have much higher chance of finding 7 people that are scattered across the world that likely got carried to A/S, on top of insane lag. After the other day yeah im not doing that anymore. I do not mean by poor k/d or stats or crap, I had to watch a guy shoot randomly on top of the skatepark tower while I am NEXT to this person shooting at the only person up (because I splatted the 3 others) and that person could not help me splat that person, so I jumped off and by this time one of the teammates was back double teaming me while IDK what the ef that guy was doing on top of of tower thing (the middle thing in skatepark, not TC mode but just that middle high ground place, this was on skatepark splatzones) I lost my A+ rank that I got off blasters only because I lacked the ability to consistently splat the other team myself. i would regularly get triple and quad splats (not back to back, but at least once a match) and it looked like i did nothing because my teammates was that useless.

I have to consider my own experience when this happens. Being completely aware of everything around you at all times is really hard... obviously ideal, but we're humans and can't always perform totally optimally or anything. I've been ****ing around when a team mate gets a triple kill and wants to push. Didn't notice until it was a bit too late. I felt bad, but it was just an honest mistake/lack of concentration. So when I clear out the team and nobody pushes, yeah, its frustrating, but every Splatoon match has numerous things going on all at once, at all times, so its not realistic to always expect your team mates to notice and react to what you are doing. idk
have you got a shutout on your team when one of your members got a triple splat? yeah that is why it ant a good idea to play during Japanese splatfests, sighs. Course you never have that problem yourself (since during japan splatfests you play the splatfest, lol), but I am trying get point to the topic maker. This was in S rank, S rank people should know enough to grab the other zone and help me splat the 4th, not leave me do everything ugh (wa on roller so I do not exactly have range I need at times)

Last edited:

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Well I don't really know for lower ranks, but in S+, most players look at the top of the screen and know almost instantly when the other team is low or wiped out. I noticed a lot of players are saying "Nice/Booyah" when they notice the other team is white, and it happens almost instantly. I'm doing it myself.

Basically, players will at least look this count when they killed someone without trading, and when they die. That's why you'll generally have at least two "Nice" when it happens. So just go S+ and you'll have better teammates.

On the other hand, I'm forced to say the same thing once again, but a lot - A LOT - of players are complaining about their teammates. I HIGHLY recommend to stop it, as it won't help you either rank up or improve. Yep, there are bad players. And yes, you lose because of your teams sometimes. But don't tell me you're playing every game perfectly. So just erase your weaknesses and you'll improve (and play with better players too).

And for everyone complaining about teammates at, let's say, A level. What if you were playing with 7 B ranked players? You'd have even worst teammates than you have in A. Yet you would win, because you're strong enough. So just become strong enough to do it with A too. You can blame them, curse them or whatever, this won't help much.

PS: Some S+ players are able to win more than 70% of their games (in S+, but in other ranks too of course). I'm pretty sure they don't care much about what kind of teammates they have and just try to win with what they got, which is more efficient than just waiting to have good teammates.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
Teammates are not usually the problem. Obviously, it is possible to overcome bad teammates. If it was not possible, everyone would be stuck in C-. Bad teammates are very irritating and can bring your rank down a lot if you are not playing at 100%, but it could be anybody's fault.

What I hate is when I try to relax in turf war and get teammates that can't hit somebody that's echolocated and disrupted at the same time! THEY ARE RIGHT THERE, JUST SHOOT THEM! THEY HAVE A SPLASH O MATIC! THEY HAVE NO RANGE AND THEY CAN'T MOVE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Teammates are not usually the problem. Obviously, it is possible to overcome bad teammates. If it was not possible, everyone would be stuck in C-. Bad teammates are very irritating and can bring your rank down a lot if you are not playing at 100%, but it could be anybody's fault.

What I hate is when I try to relax in turf war and get teammates that can't hit somebody that's echolocated and disrupted at the same time! THEY ARE RIGHT THERE, JUST SHOOT THEM! THEY HAVE A SPLASH O MATIC! THEY HAVE NO RANGE AND THEY CAN'T MOVE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah that's awful. But I find this worse: I manage to bring an opponent down to where they need to only be hit one more time to be splatted, they're surrounded in my ink, I get splatted, two of my teammates comes to try and splat them, but they get splatted instead despite the handicap. Like...how is that even possible?

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3

i had some a rank forget if it was a- a or A+ , anyways you think people would know not to sit behind a wall just outside opponent base while being echolocated at that point? The person did not move at all and I splatted them with 2 indirect shots from a blaster.....

Yeah that's awful. But I find this worse: I manage to bring an opponent down to where they need to only be hit one more time to be splatted, they're surrounded in my ink, I get splatted, two of my teammates comes to try and splat them, but they get splatted instead despite the handicap. Like...how is that even possible?
hope lag XD

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
i had some a rank forget if it was a- a or A+ , anyways you think people would know not to sit behind a wall just outside opponent base while being echolocated at that point? The person did not move at all and I splatted them with 2 indirect shots from a blaster.....

hope lag XD
Please do not get me started on lag. I could complain about this for days on end. From an inkling throwing nothing, then 5 burst bombs come out of nowhere, to invisible spraying and everyone exploding and the ground magically being the other color. I'll sum it up easier by saying I'm happy I'm a charger main. So I can avoid most of that directly. And I wish it was lag, but I'm sure most of the time it's not.

@Andy_Plays Ahem...back on topic...but yeah. Just take into account what everyone has stated and hopefully things should get better. Just always play at 100%, never play when angry as there's a 50/50 chance you can play better, or much much worse, never always leave your teammates to assume they can handle something. Rank is all about teamwork. The higher you get, the better teammates you get. Wish you luck.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Let me get this straight. INCOMPETENT TEAMMATES. I gave them a chance to rush. They all run away. Even when there's clearly a chance, they just hang back. Can't Splatoon just match players by age groups? I'm tired of 6 year olds not listening to signals.
I'm definitely not 6 (give or take a few decades ;) ) and generally don't listen to signals at all. Why? Between the "C'mon" spammers and the "Booyah" congrats it can be hard to tell what the reason for the commotion is, and even with an obvious C'Mon, it's hard to tell WHOM the directive is aimed at. I will give signals when vital (base being overrun, camper/flankers infiltrating etc.) But I'm never under the assumption anyone will notice, it's more of a "just in case." I dislike the incompetent teammates as well. Avoiding the COD syndrome where there's a self proclaimed "leader" (or worse, dueling leaders) commanding their minions what to do is the reason they didn't include voice chat to begin with ;)

But I DO feel the same about incompetent teammates overall. Mostly it's a lack of map awareness and map strategy (or in the lower ranks, just sheer incompetence and inattentiveness. Which is why they're in the lower ranks.

Then again, sometimes I AM the incompetent teammate. It happens. :oops::(

Well I don't really know for lower ranks, but in S+, most players look at the top of the screen and know almost instantly when the other team is low or wiped out. I noticed a lot of players are saying "Nice/Booyah" when they notice the other team is white, and it happens almost instantly. I'm doing it myself.

Basically, players will at least look this count when they killed someone without trading, and when they die. That's why you'll generally have at least two "Nice" when it happens. So just go S+ and you'll have better teammates.

On the other hand, I'm forced to say the same thing once again, but a lot - A LOT - of players are complaining about their teammates. I HIGHLY recommend to stop it, as it won't help you either rank up or improve. Yep, there are bad players. And yes, you lose because of your teams sometimes. But don't tell me you're playing every game perfectly. So just erase your weaknesses and you'll improve (and play with better players too).

And for everyone complaining about teammates at, let's say, A level. What if you were playing with 7 B ranked players? You'd have even worst teammates than you have in A. Yet you would win, because you're strong enough. So just become strong enough to do it with A too. You can blame them, curse them or whatever, this won't help much.

PS: Some S+ players are able to win more than 70% of their games (in S+, but in other ranks too of course). I'm pretty sure they don't care much about what kind of teammates they have and just try to win with what they got, which is more efficient than just waiting to have good teammates.
True to an extent though I like reminding you when I can (;)) that very few people can actually carry teams in the upper ranks. The people who can are probably all already S+'s. And having to carry the team is not actually the intended result of the game. The dev's have made very clear it's supposed to be about teamwork, and a team win. So while you're technically right, it's not SUPPOSED to be working that way, and very few players are going to be playing SO high over A/A+/S level they can actually 1v4 at that level. Anyone who can probably already did and made it to S+. It's one thing to be good and make a positive difference on whatever team you're on leading to a rank up. It's another thing to be playing at a whole different skill level than the rest of the team you're playing with.

That said, most of the time at least in upper ranks the problem is less about truly incompetent teammates so much as just being outplayed by superior opponents, and/or teammates that are definitely playing below the level they should be but not truly incompetent (not pushing when they should etc.) On the other hand I've seen the short-range shooters on sniper perches in the A's, and I've seen S+ eliters that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn while I danced around them making up for it. And I've seen B- bamboozlers that hit like an aimbot. It's kind of a jumble.

LOL it's possible he did what I do sometimes - I get so used to wearing cold blooded on some weapons that when I change to something else I forget that I can't ignore the echo :D I keep running around thinking "it's like they can see where I am or something" :p

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Complaining won't help, take a deep breath and understand what you can do better to support your team next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom