• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Ink Beats

Tofuvia

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
Switch Friend Code
SW-3972-9557-5781
The day was sunny; the Inkopolis Plaza was buzzing with excitement while shops sold their gear and jellyfish floated along, starstruck by the towering buildings and glittering lights. With a loud thud, Alika head hit the surface of her desk. A beautiful day! She thought, raising her head just enough to glare at the test in front of her And I'm wasting it, here! School! Of all the places!

"Focus Ms. Adlet!" A stern looking inkling barked from the front of the classroom; the command made her peers glance in her direction, a small hint of fear in their eyes. Not because of Alika, she was a soft faced looking squid, fair skin and eyes that looked like they tried to be intimidating but didn't quite make it. Though what made her stand out the most was her tentacles, all six fully grown, with the front two pulled back and put up in a way that made them look like rabbit ears (an animal she deemed to be absolutely adorable in one of her history books).

"Mrs. Krill-"

"Don't you Mrs. Krill me young lady," The woman cut her off sharply, the entire class froze as the showdown was about to take place.

"But I'm done with my test!"

"You have a review for the next test in front of you, don't let the fact you're one of the top students get to your head."

My SCRIM! She huffed and sank back into her seat. I bet they're having the time of their lives without me.

She was getting antsy as the hours ticked by. Until the sound of the school bell singing alerted all squids, they were free from the prison. Alika didn't miss a beat in the running out, grabbing her bag and leaving behind her review as she rushed out the door. A toothy grin painted her face as soon as the soon hit her face, but the glee was quickly replaced with shock as the news played on the central tower of Inkopolis Square.

"Ink Beats, reporting LIVE from the Inkopo-o-lis Square!" An energetic woman exclaimed, despite her upbeat attitude it was clear there was a bit of a more worried undertone.

A sea urchin cleared his throat, stealing the attention with his more serious personality, though there was a hint of awkwardness in his voice. "Miri and Xavier here, uh, as she said, live at Inkopolis..."

The pair bickered for a while, throwing out the map rotations and any notable updates to the Weapon Shop.

"Now onto more pressing matters," Xavier began "As most of you have noticed the great Zapfish has gone missing."

"Authorities are working their hardest to return our electric loving eel back to its rightful place!" Miri hummed in. She was exhausting to watch.

"On top of that the Ink Beats will be on temporary hiatus since our main guitarist, Jerome needs some TLC."

"That wraps up everything! Remeber guys-"

BOOM!!

Everyone ducked, the windows in the recording studio shattered, Xavier lunging over Miri's body as magenta ink splattered everywhere. Alika shrieked as another explosion happened, covering her head as she dashed out of the way, being hit with the impact and just barely missing a fatal blow from the ink itself. "Oh carp what in the holy Zapfish was THAT?" The city was frantic while authorities rushed in to calm and evacuate the people.

It feels a lot more different in real life than it does in a ranked battle.

Tofuvia

Inkling
NNID
GrudgeQueen
Switch Friend Code
SW-3972-9557-5781
Information to know for this world:
Ink Beats is a rising band, dominating the charts and relatively diverse regarding species.
Miri (Inkling) and Xavier (Sea Urchin) are the lead singers and are the face of news, interviews, and all the publicity stuff.

Law is strict, you are free to carry your weapons around the plaza, but without a permit, you aren't allowed to lug around your Ink Tank outside of designated areas without a permit.

This will reflect the real world, meaning swearing is allowed, areas that aren't as pretty as others, and just adding a touch that makes this roleplay a little more lifelike and a little less kid-friendly.

Alika is a squid raised in a pretty wealthy area, her mother was a retired star on the ranked field and an agent who didn't make it back from one of her missions. Alika doesn't have any knowledge of her mother being an agent, but her constant presence on turf and ranked made her a force to be reckoned with. She is a senior in her final year of highschool, 17 years old and is a book smart cookie, though she's a bit ditzy when it comes to street smarts, a con artist favorite kind of customer.

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
A black inkling tinkered with a black box in a room cluttered with odd creations around this one big white board that had complex equations and giberish that only he understood. Yin, the inkling, made one final adjustment and heard a click. Sighing, he set the box down and opened up the windows. The usual view stretched out under the building, the plaza in the distance, the school where Alika was now, and the usual buzz of inklings running around to get to their next match at the tower. His phone buzzed in his pocket, telling him it was time for the news. He watched through like regular untill they talked about the disappearance of the zapfish. The zapfish? Gone? There was something odd about this situation...
Just then, a loud explosion came from across town,shattering the glass and knocking him down. He looked up just in time to see a wave of fushia ink wash over the city. He wasted no time. Grabbing his phone, he rushed outside to find Alika

(Sorry this took a bit of time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom