• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Ink Consumption and Splat Bomb Question

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
I've been testing ink consumption with the different ink savers on the undercover sorella brella (USB) in order to figure out the optimal amount and type of ink savers to use. The results I'm getting don't match the numbers that are out there, specifically when it comes to splat bomb ink consumption.

First, the USB main supposedly uses 4% ink per shot. In practice, this is accurate, because with no ink savers, I am able to take 25 shots before the tank is empty (25 shots x 4% = 100%).

If I throw a splat bomb first, I am only able to take 5 shots. Now, supposedly, splat bombs take 70% of your ink. But 5 shots times 4% = 20%. After the 70% splat bomb and 5 shots, I should still have 10% of my tank, or enough for 2 more shots. Anyone know what's going on here? Is the 70% number wrong?

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I’m not sure but I am curious about something: have you tried firing 7 shots and then seeing if you can throw a splat bomb?

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
I’m not sure but I am curious about something: have you tried firing 7 shots and then seeing if you can throw a splat bomb?
Ooooh, good idea. I will try that next time I play.

It might seem obvious, but one thing I figured out is that if you're using your sub and your main together, ink saver sub (iss) is better than ink saver main (ism). With 10 pts (one main) of ism, you get 8 shots after the splat bomb. With 9 pts (3 subs) of iss, you get 9 shots. I try to combine my sub attack with my main a lot, especially with that weapon, so it's iss for me. You also get 9 shots with 2 subs of iss plus one sub of ism. Which makes it very easy to build gear for that.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I'll be perfectly honest with you, I've never been a fan of testing things like this in the test facility and would much rather use the parameter files. You're right that you can fire 25 times with the Undercover Brella, as the InkConsume parameter is set to 0.04. I'm not sure what you've done, but I get 7 shots after throwing a bomb, and I can take 7 shots then throw a bomb. Maybe you didn't let your tank recover fully..?

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
I'll be perfectly honest with you, I've never been a fan of testing things like this in the test facility and would much rather use the parameter files. You're right that you can fire 25 times with the Undercover Brella, as the InkConsume parameter is set to 0.04. I'm not sure what you've done, but I get 7 shots after throwing a bomb, and I can take 7 shots then throw a bomb. Maybe you didn't let your tank recover fully..?
Wow, I was not aware of those parameter files. Pretty neat stuff. And you're right, now I get 7 shots after throwing the bomb. The only thing I can figure is, I tested it out right before a big update. Literally, that day, the new update came out. It doesn't make sense, because the update didn't mention ink consumption, I don't think. But regardless, before the update, 5 shots, after the update, 7. Go figure. Thanks for showing me those parameter files!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom