• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ink Resistance: Worthwhile or worthless?

awedry

Full Squid
Hi everyone,

I'm curious as to the community's thoughts on the Ink Resistance Up ability.
The more I play with it, the more I'm convinced it's as valuable as Run Speed.
Consider this Heavy Splatling build - vanilla or Remix:
Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 4.19.15 PM.jpg

The Run Speed is standard, but with one main and four subs of Ink Resistance, it allows me to keep the normal strafing speed when charging and firing regardless of whether there is any enemy ink around. This situation is common since bombs, Rain, Tenta Missiles, etc. are commonly thrown at backline weapons like the Heavy. Strafing is the Heavy's greatest strength compared to other long-range weapons. This build lets me play forward positions more comfortably. The Swim Speed and Quick Super Jump compliment this, and allow me to fall back if needed.

Plus, having some Ink Resistance is very helpful against people playing Main Power Up to boost damage, hoping you've been tagged by their ink.

Thoughts? Thanks!!

~A.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I don't really have much to debate other than I'm in agreement on it's usefulness. Maybe in general and not just specific mode, role, or weapon circumstances.

Though the max I currently use probably doesn't go beyond two mains worth. I should look up some charts one of these days on the how much mitigates what.

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5982-1990-1892
Best ability in the game IMO, gives you so much more freedom in every match

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom