• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkbrush in Splat Zones

Was this information helpful?

• Yes, This review made me think differently of the inkbrush! 100%

• Yes, It helped me out a little

• It was ok,.

• No

• Review is awful!!! have you ever even used the Inkbrush?!?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shadowcat

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Shadowcat96
Hello fellow squids!!!

I've done some testing with the Inkbrush and I made up a unique and weird strategy on how to make it more effettive than normal.
It's one of the fastest ways to get to the Splat zones and carry your team there. I can see more potential from the inkbrush when you have a team you can talk to or a team with friends. My approach game is passing the opposing team to go near betweet there spawn and the Splat zones for more points toward your special meter (The inkstrike) and by having there team waste little time getting rid of your ink in there spawn which gives your team more time to take the zones. For taking the zones, you will mostly use the sprinkler and inkstrikes for your advantage, which you'll be getting a lot of inkstrikes as the meter speed increase rate will always be the same. Staying behind the wall waiting for one of the opposing team to ambush them is also a great way to stall for your team (depends on sections of the map) for more time. Also attacking from behind like a ninja squid is affective as well. An effective way to ink other players is to run and jump while using the inkbrush melee and looking down a little makes it easier to use and harder to hit for the opposing team. Not only you'll be there side of the stage secretly ambushing one by one like the ninja squid you are, you'll also be a walking Squid Beacon for your team by waiting near the opposings splat zone!
Pros:
  • Fastest mobility in the game
  • Only weapon that have a melee option
  • Great support by leading the team to the splat zones quicker
  • Being a walking squid beacon that's hard to kill
Cons:
  • Not a good head-on approach weapon
  • Low power
  • Must ink opposing team one at a time
What did you all thInk about my inkbrush review? Try it, Let me know your opinions!
Staaay Fresh!

Last edited:

shane3x

Full Squid
I think your pro's and con's could be worded better but other then that I like it.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Some Japanese are crazy good with Inkbrush I've had a few B+/A- battles where we got completely dominated by Japan Brush Ninja squad.

_Vicious_

Full Squid
NNID
Vicious09
i think its a good way to help your team get in the action fast if you all follow in the guys ink path ALL ABOARD THE INKTRAIN!! :D

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I love rushing to the zone way before my team haha. But these are some decent tips! I usually have quite a bit of trouble using the Inkbrush on Ranked Battles.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
The roller class never suited my playstyle, cool looking weapon but sadly will never use it.

seanvanpelt2

Inkling
I love using the Ink Brush. I normally get top in my team every single time with it! The only time that I don't is when someone has the Aerospray RG, but even then I only lose to them by less than 50 points. Look for "Sean" in game. That's me. =)

Star

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Skywarp96
Personally I really love using the inkbrush, I use it in the splat zones too. I wouldn't say I'm pro at it, but I like to think I'm decent. Can't win them all right?

I like the review, nice strategies.

shane3x

Full Squid
If spamming ZR wasnt so much of a hassle I'd use it a lot more.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
The brush definitely has it's uses. Not very good in combat, on average, but definitely very good in spreading ink and misdirecting enemies.

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
I cringe if I see a paintbrush on my team. Abysmal kill time combined with abysmal range. Being fast isn't necessarily a strong attribute in this game. Sprinkler and ink strike don't provide nearly enough utility to be worth it.

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
I'm not very good at inkbrush. I can't mash ZR quickly enough to kill people quickly enough. I do like having one inkbrush user on my team, though, so I can follow their trail to the zone and get there way before the other team. Also, the sprinklers and inkstrikes are really good for splat zones.

zeph-the-blue

Inkling
NNID
runnymede
unfortunately the inkbrush has some of the most obvious weaknesses out of all the weapons. but if used in the right stage, game mode, and with a little help from allies, it can completely destroy a whole team.

Helio

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
monkey.esq
Not a fan of brushes.

Speed to center is not much faster than carbon. Although if team knows to squid they can follow and beat rollers.
Bad range, bad damage.
Dies one on one versus everything.
Can't match a roller or even some shooters in paint coverage.

FlareHabanero

Increases the Excitement
I personally prefer doing this with the Octobrush. While yes it's slower, it's still fairly fast and sports better range then the Inkbrush, and being able to plant beakens can really turn the tide of battle in some cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom