• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkling moveset idea for Smash

VGamer431

Inkling
NNID
DKSonicFan12
Inkling moveset idea : by VGamer431 13/11/2015
inklings........oh inklings. i have always wanted these guys in the game the second i played splatoon. they have so much potential. today i am going to show you my ideas for their moveset.

Jab / Side Tilt / Neutral Air :
they take out the splattershot and shot rapid bursts of ink until you let go if A. their jab functions like mega man´s. jab, where that jab , side tilt and neutral air is all the same move. this means that you can aproach while shooting and jump while shooting.

now before we talk about their other tilts, i wanna tell you about something REALLY IMPORTANT to this character. when you crouch.......you become a squid. this is a really important gimmick to the inkling, which im going to explain later. lets move on.

Down Tilt :
their down tilt takes place in squid form. they slide foward and spin around themselves like a corckscrew. when hit you will be launched a little bit in front of the inkling. the hitbox is in front and on the front part of the top of the squid.

Up Tilt :
their up tilt is a 6 hit burst with the aerospray MG. the hitbox is pretty big but the knock back is pretty good, so spamming it wont work unlike mario´s up tilt.

Dash Attack :
their dash attack is them using the splat roller. as you run they pull it out slaming it to the ground and then quickly dashes foward with it. this move has 2 faces. the slam , and the dash. if you hit the opponent from the front, the slams hitbox will throw the opponent in front of you right before you hit them with the dash. but if the opponent tries to approach from above, the slam will hit them. the dashes hitbox is right in front and on top of the rollers roll. because that the move dashes you with extra speed foward its good for spacing and even just zoning.

now for their smash attacks.

Foward Smash :
foward smash is them taking out the charger and charging it. like the charger the more you charge the smash attack the stronger and wider the blast will be. the blasts range is not to big, however the damage and knock back is really good.

Down Smash :
down smash is them smashing the inkbrush first in front of them then behind them. the first hit automaticly pulls the opponent behind you for your second hit just like toon link´s down smash. the hitbox is at the ground and goes pretty far but not too far.

Up Smash :
their up smash is them pulling out the L-3 nozzle nose and firing 2 quick but powerfull bursts up in the air while ducking. the range is pretty far and the knock back too, however the second burst sends the opponent to the side that they aproached from. the hit box is like marth´s up smash, where that you have to stand right by them or get hit by one of the 2 bursts or both.

now for their arial attacks.

Foward Air :
foward air is them pulling out the blaster and shooting a burst in front of them that explodes at inpact. if it dosent hit anything it will also explode. the range of this burst is pretty far and the burst is really powerfull and deals good knockback. the hitbox is huge since that it explodes. this makes foward air a really good kill move.

Down Air :
down air is in squid form. they use their tentacles to slap the opponent. there are 2 slaps and the 2nd hit is meteor smash. the meteor effect isnt to big but at about 90 % it has a chance of spiking. at low % is just sends them downwards in a meteor smash.

Back Air :
back air is them pulling out the slosher and sending a blast of ink behind them. like in splatoon the burst is more like a puddle. its hitbox is pretty big and the knockback and damage is really good. this makes back air a good kill move.

Up Air :
up air is them pulling out the .52 gal and shooting 3 powerfull bursts. the hitbox ist huge but its ok. the knockback and damage on the otherside makes this move a really good kill move.

now for the exiting part......the special attacks. for the special attacks i borrowed ryu´s press and hold mechanic.

Hold Neutral Special :
this is the inkling´s main mechanic. they pull out the splosh-o-matic and shoots a puddle of ink on the ground. this puddle of ink is essentiall for the inkling to use, since it fills up their ink tank. the ink tank is the main obstacle for the inkling. as you use your moves the ink tank on the back of the inkling and the ink tank meter beside the inkling´s window will go down. it will take some time before you run out of ink, but eventually you will. when that happens you cant use any moves that contain ink. the only moves you can use are : down tilt , down air , dash attack , down smash. now you may be wondering.......how do i fill up the tank ? by swimming in your puddle of ink. the puddle of ink will always be in the stage unless you lose all of your stocks and there is more then one player alive. when you use the neutral special´s hold version you will erase the other puddle of ink you had on the ground because of that there can only be one puddle of ink on the ground at the time. the ink puddle is located from the start from where you spawn. in fact the entrance animation for the inkling is the inkling spawing in the ink puddle like when they spawn on the spawn pad in splatoon. this ink puddle is not too big but big enough for you to swim in it and regain your ink. you swim in the ink by crouching / turning into a squid and then crawling. when you swim in your ink you will notice that you go way faster then walking on your ink, just like in splatoon. while swimming in ink your opponent cant see you. the only thing that they can see is the lines behind you when you swim. but just like in splatoon tilting the analog stick slighty makes the lines disapear. you can do any move out of the ink puddle except for moves that require you to hold your analog stick down wards other then down smash. when opponents walk in ink their walk and dash speed will be slowed down a little bit. to avoid the ink puddle being to over powered the opponent cant get stuck in the ink unlike in splatoon. however you do have advantage when they are in your ink. when you swim out of your ink you will notice that you slide a bit. this can be used to dash into your ink then charge a smash attack while you slide out of your ink. so as you obviously can tell the ink puddle is a good mechanic that makes the inklings really uniqe.

Press Neutral Special :
press neutral special for the inklings to quickly pull out a burst bomb and launch it. the burst bombs can be fired quick and in row´s just like in the game. they also dont use too much ink so dont be afraid to use them.

Hold Side Special :
hold side special for the splat bomb. the longer you hold it the farther the bomb will be launched. you can angle it so its a good tool if you play on a stage with many platforms. the splat bomb will explode after some time. just like in splatoon you can tell when its going to explode by listening to the noice it makes.

Press Side Special :
press side special for the splash wall. the splash wall is a reflector similar to palutena´s. its up for a longer time though and its not as big. it also takes longer time to pull out. as in splatoon the best way to use this is as a shield. after some time it will dispear. you can tell when its going to disapear by looking at the ink tank in the middle of it.

Hold Down Special :
hold down special for the ink mine. it takes a little time to put down, but once down anything that comes inside of its range will make it go off with a explosion. you cant activate it like you could with snake´s mine. you can see the range when the inkling puts it down. there will be a line in the same color as the inkling´s ink that will indicate its range.

Press Down Special :
press down special for the inkling to quickly pull out the seeker. the seeker will blast off in the direction your facing and explode upon inpact.

Hold Up Special :
hold up special to charger the super jump. it works like diddy kong´s up special execpt the fact that you can only angle it at launch and not when you are in the super jump. if you hit your opponent as you launch it will deal knockback and damage in the direction your blasting off in.

Press Up Special :
press up special for ink teleport. the inkling will teleport to their puddle of ink. you can charge a smash attack while teleporting. you can do anything when you have been teleported to the ink puddle as you would be able to do just swimming in it. if you hold crouch while teleporting you can even stay squid form. if you crawl you can also end up anywhere you want in the ink puddle. this makes it easy to punish and mind game your opponent.

now before we talk about their final smash and taunts lets get two basics out of the way.

first up, grabs. for their grabs, they use the splattershot.

Pummel :
their pummel is really simple. they hit the opponent with the shaft of the splattershot.

Foward Throw :
for foward throw they throw their opponent down into the ground, and as they bounce back up, they fire three quick bursts of ink that launches the opponent foward and a little bit up.

Down Throw :
for down throw, the inkling transforms into a squid and slams the opponent down in the ground by using the squid´s forhead. this is obviously a combo throw, that launches the opponent up and in front of you.

Back Throw :
for back throw, they throw the opponent behind them and shoots two quick bursts of ink, kinda like fox´s back throw. this is a kill throw at about 90%.

Up Throw :
for up throw the inkling transforms into a squid, and holds the opponent with its tentacles, and then launches up in the sky like kirby´s and charrizard´s up throw, and then slams them into the ground launching them up and a bit in front of them. this can be used as a kill throw at really high %. to be exact it would be about 120 %.

now for some basic stuff.

Shield :
their shield is the bubbler. it works and functions just like the normal shield, except that the shield looks like the bubbler and is in the same color as the inklings ink color.

Spot Dodge :
their spot dodge is simple and its just them spot dodgin like any other character.

Roll :
for their roll i have three diferent ideas. the first idea is them just steping to the side like little mac. the second idea is them rolling to the side like most characters. my third idea is them turning into a squid, turning around, and then dashing in the direction they are rolling and then transforming into inkling again.

now.......lets get to their final smash. just like ryu the inkling has 2 final smashes. one where they stand up / is in the air ect. the other while they are crouching.

Standard Final Smash :
the standard final smash is the ink zooka. they rip out the ink zooka and gets ready to fire some ink tornados at their opponent. the tornados are pretty big and deal alot of damage as well as knock back. and since its a tornado, when caught in it you twirl around in it for a little time then get launched.

Crouch Final Smash :
the crouching final smash is them going from squid to krakken. the krakken functions just like in splatoon. jump to drill through the air and deal damage and knockback to your opponent.

now the taunts.

Down Taunt :
down taunt is them pulling out the splattershot and celebrating by doing the male inkling shooter type winning animation from splatoon.

Side Taunt :
their side taunt is them turning into squid mode and swimming in circles.

Up Taunt :
their up taunt is the exact same as the up command from splatoon.

Idle Animation :
their idle animation is them looking around as seen in the lobby in splatoon.

now i wanna explain something quit entresting. the ability to transform into a squid is done by simply crouching as you know, however fast falling also transforms you into a squid IN FACT while you hold down the analog stick your always a squid. this means you can jump as a squid and even squid bag by quickly tapping the analog stick down and then release and then continue the procces. if you are in the air you can even avoid projectiles by transforming into a squid.

now for the winning screen.

Winning Screen Music :
i have a couple of ideas for this like, the winning screen music online from splatoon, a shortended version of the main theme, a shortended version and more instrumental version of the squid sisters theme. but the one i choose is the winning screen music from splatoon´s single player campaing, that you hear when you capture a zap fish / beat a stage.

Victory poses :
the victory posses themselves......well......i dont really have a idea X) i have
some cool ideas like using the victory animations or some original stuff, but i really dont have a clue. im sure nintendo would make something awesome for their winning screen animations.

Clapping / Lossing Animation :
for their clapping anitmation it would be fun to see the roller lossing animation, where they shook their head.

Skins :
the inklings would have 16 skins just like little mac. of course there would be a female and a male inkling. each skin would have diferent outfit and skin color. 8 skins for female and 8 skins for male.

so there you go, my ideas for the inkling´s moveset if they make it in smash bros smile-humørikon I REALLY HOPE SO!!!!! ps. i didnt give a **** about grammar, since writing all this took about 3 hours X)

Garo

Inkling
I'm really liking that moveset, especially the ink gimmick. I'm guessing other people can post movesets they've made up too? Here's one I just came up with:

Jab - Swings the Inkbrush around rapidly. Doesn't have a strong finisher, similar to Pikachu.
Side Tilt - Strong sidewards swing with the Octobrush.
Up Tilt - Fires a short burst upwards with the Sploosh-o-matic. Short range.
Down Tilt - Rising upwards swing with the Octobrush. Good combo starter.
Dash Attack - Swings downwards with the Splat Roller, dealing moderate knockback. If the attack button is held, you can keep rolling forwards, pushing opponents along as you go.

Side Smash - Swings downwards with the Carbon Roller. Good knockback if hit with the weapon itself. Also sends ink further out, but it only deals damage and no knockback.
Up Smash - Fires upwards with the Luna Blaster. Inkling's strongest Smash if hit with the sweetspot in the center of the explosion.
Down Smash - Plants an Ink Mine. Similar to Snake's Down Smash. Unlike in Splatoon, the mine explodes almost immediately when someone steps on it. Also explodes on a timer if not stepped on soon enough.

Neutral Air - Does a front flip while firing the Splattershot Jr. Good coverage but low knockback.
Forwar Air - Fires forwards with the L3 Nozzlenose. Good range.
Back Air - Fires backwards with the L3 Nozzlenose without turning around. Good range.
Up Air - Fires upwards with the Mini Splatling after a short delay. The last hit has good knockback, but the move has a lot of landing lag.
Down Air - Fires downwards with the Classic Squiffer after a short delay. Good range and a powerful meteor smash.

Grab - Transforms into squid and grabs the opponent with tentacles.
Pummel - Squeezes the opponent.
Forward Throw - Pushes the opponent away, transforms back into a kid and shoots them with the Rapid Blaster.
Back Throw - Slides over the opponents head, transforms back into a kid, drop kicks them in the back and shoots them with the Rapid Blaster.
Up Throw - Slides under the opponent, transforms back into a kid, kicks them upwards and shoots them with the Rapid Blaster Pro while laying down.
Down Throw - Kicks the opponent down while jumping in the air, transforms back into a kid and throws a Burst Bomb at them.

Neutral Special 1 - Charges up the Heavy Splatling and fires a barrage of ink that does great damage but minimal knockback. You can move left and right while charging and firing, but not turn around.
Neutral Special 2 - Fires a Blaster shot forwards. Sweetspot has great damage, knockback and shield damage, while the sourspot doesn't. If the opponent shields a sourspot they can punish you afterwards.
Neutral Special 3 - Takes out a Suction Bomb and plants it where s/he's standing. If the special button is held down, the bomb is thrown forwards, the distance depending on how long you hold it. Explodes a few seconds after hitting the ground. Decent knockback.

Side Special 1 - Throws a Disruptor a small distance in front of them. If not shielded, the opponent's movement speed is slowed down for a few seconds. Hard to hit an off-stage opponent with, but it's good for messing up their recovery.
Side Special 2 - Throws a Splash Wall in front of them. It stops opponent's projectiles but takes damage in the process, lessening the amount of time it's out. Opponents can run through it, but they'll take damage.
Side Special 3 - Throws out a Sprinkler. It stays where it lands and flings out globs of ink that deal damage and small hitstun, but no knockback. It can be destroyed by the opponents and also disappears if you die yourself.

(Up Specials were probably the hardest to come up with):
Up Special 1 - Plants a Squid Beakon when you're on the ground. The next time you use the move, you'll turn into a Squid and Super Jump to the Squid Beakon from wherever you are. The Beakons can be destroyed by opponents however, which takes away your chance to recover.
Up Special 2 - Takes out the Hydra Splatling and points it downwards. You can charge the move by holding down the Special button. After you let go, the Inkling fires the Splatling and the recoil allows them to fly around. Similar to Diddy Kong's Up Special. The shots can also damage and knock opponents around, giving it some edge guarding potential.
Up Special 3 - Shoots out an Ink Rail that can be angled, then swims to the other end of the rail and pops out there. Good distance, but makes you very vulnerable.

Down Special 1 - Throws out a Seeker that travels forwards along the ground and explodes on contact. Can also be used for edge guarding since it falls off the ledge.
Down Special 2 - Takes out the Rainmaker and slams it on the ground, creating an unblockable shockwave that pops enemies off the ground. Can also meteor smash opponents near the ledge or hanging on the ledge if hit with the Rainmaker itself.
Down Special 3 - Rolls a Splat Bomb a short distance forwards. It explodes after a brief delay, dealing decent knockback. If used in the air, the bomb drops straight down, the explosion timer only starting after it hits the ground.

(This is assuming that Smash 5 would also have Custom Final Smashes in addition to Custom Specials):
Final Smash 1 - Takes out an Inkzooka and fires a single shot that's relatively easy to dodge, but has good vertical range. If an opponent is hit, it'll trigger a cinematic where the Inkling transforms into a Kraken an chases down the opponents that were hit by the Inkzooka. It ends with the Kraken's jump attack, which instantly kills opponents above 100% damage, similar to Bayonetta's Infernal Climax.
Final Smash 2 - Fires a Killer Wail across the stage. Shorter vertical range than the Inkzooka, so it's easier to avoid on a stage with platforms. Stages like Final Destination are a different story though.
Final Smash 3 - Fires an Inkstrike at the current location of a random opponent. Deals multiple hits and lasts for a while, dealing strong knockback at the end.

I realized only afterwards that I left out some weapons that many would probably think are essential, like the Splattershot and the Slosher. I guess the former could work pretty well as my imagined Forward, Back or Up Air too. Slosher could be Side Tilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom