• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Inkling/Octoling Biology: 3rd Time's the Charm

Cephalobro

With Splatoon 3 on the horizon, it's time to talk about the biology of our favorite cephalopod teens. So here's one: Eyebrows, previously eyebrows tied to species, but now they seem to be able to change their eyebrow shapes, both males and females are now able to have varied eyebrow thickness.

There also seems to be a contact lenses shop, so at least one explanation of eye color being changeable anytime.

Cephalobro

I like thick eyebrows. Reminds me of Wario Land. I have then and it makes me look really Italian - like Super Mario. Do inkling girls and boys look different anymore. I kind of wanted similar looking squids from the start.
They still do look different through their body types, females and males still have different body types in Splatoon 3, something that probably won't ever change because of the ease of modeling, the exact reason why the enemy Octoling hair is inaccessible for the player.

Clen4ever

Full Squid
I already commented what I think in the Splatoon 1 thread, so you have what I think there.

Frenetar

Inkster Jr.
Yeah the increased customization seems really awesome. I wonder though, are male and female inklings even a thing anymore? Didn't seem like that from the trailer where they showcased the character creation process.

Cephalobro

Yeah the increased customization seems really awesome. I wonder though, are male and female inklings even a thing anymore? Didn't seem like that from the trailer where they showcased the character creation process.
They are still a thing, the different body types along with the voices are the key things that distinguish between them. The removal of names doesn't matter at all, there are still males and females. It's like the saying "if it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and moves like a duck, then it's a duck", a perfect example of name removal not mattering at all.

Last edited:

Frenetar

Inkster Jr.
They are still a thing, the different body types along with the voices are the key things that distinguish between them. The removal of names doesn't matter at all, there are still males and females. It's like the saying "if it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and moves like a duck, then it's a duck", a perfect example of name removal not mattering at all.
Yeah that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom