• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Inkling/Splatoon OC Requests

mosse

Inkling
Hey-o Squidboards!

Splatoon has been taking away a considerable amount of my drawing time away and I thought I'd try to remedy that....by drawing Splatoon. Other folks OCS specifically! I love seeing other folk's creativity and would like to draw some stuff for those that want it. These won't be fully polished finished pieces of course (too time consuming!), but I figure if I can crank out some doodles to make people happy that'd be nice.

If you don't have a reference that's OK as long as you'd be willing to put up with my endless amount of questions.

I draw like this if it's anything:

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
I'd love to see you draw Viola, but I lack an actual reference pic of her ^^;

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Oh jeez, I thought you're art was super cool, too! And you're doing requests? Niiiiice.
I'm tempted. Very.

I've got school doodle-sketches in terms of references so.... I might get something together.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Oh my! I did not think you would finish it this fast! Thank you!

Last edited:

mosse

Inkling
I'd love to see you draw Viola, but I lack an actual reference pic of her ^^;
I can draw her even if you don't have any reference. That is, as long as you don't mind the possibility of me asking bucketloads of questions to make sure I get her right. :)

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
I don't mind ^^ I'll start a conversation so you can ask me questions

Skyfighter141

Inkling
NNID
DatFallenAngel
If possible can u draw my inkling but instead of the color green make it blue?
ref:

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
I wish I had a proper reference for Lydia now ^^; I'd love to see how you'd draw her.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
I would like to have a picture of my inkling.

Inkling gender: Male
Ink color (hair, hat, etc.): Hair is Dark Blue with black spots and cyan tips
Skin color: Tan
Eye color: Blue
Headpiece: Inkling combat mask from the Great Turf Wars(something from my fanfic)(i dont have a discription but its like an octarian combat mask but something more in the style of the inklings)
Clothing: police combat gear (dont need to go heavy on this just something that looks like it)
Shoes: combat boots
Pose: (up for anything)
Extras: prefered weapon is a splatterscope (doesn't have to be there your choice)
Size: 250x450, and an icon size for this fourm.
Style: (im up for anything)

This is pulled from another thread IDK if that person is going to work on mine or not. but i would love to see your version.

also would like a 100x100 picture of this and of an octarian female with Teal hair with blue tips.

if you could make both charecters in the same photo that would be nice as well. the combined photo needs to fit in a 250x450 tall photo.

The Octarain Wears Teal Noise Cancelers, Squid Satin Jacket, And Octoling Combat boots
Edit: Octarain is a light tan you know between pale and tan.

Last edited:

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Wow, I really like your art style! Hope you don't mind me requesting an Avatar-esque request much like Chaos_Knight's.
I have my inkling for reference below, hopefully it's enough. I'd like for her to be in this stance, however, instead of a Heavy Splatling, if it could be the Hydra that'd be awesome! No need to do anything below the thighs as I'm still not entirely sure what shoes I plan on keeping. Also, instead of that odd duck face he has going on, if it could be at all possible, I'd like for her to be winking her right eye and sticking out her tongue slightly.
If you can keep the hair color it'd be greatly appreciated.

If you need any further information, please feel free to let me know!

mosse

Inkling
Thanks everyone for requests! I'm at club stuff right now (joys of being a high school student) but I'll tackle some of these once I get home! :)

Airmure

Senior Squid
@mosse
being a hs student myself, personal life is the most important thing. take your time and worry about other stuff later. thank you for taking your time to do requests though! it's very nice of you

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
>u> Oh man, looks like you've got your hands full. I understand the high school life.

But if you could, I've got a request! >o> It would mean the world to me if you drew my OC, Adria.
I've got a couple of references, (terrible school sketches) and I've linked to some others, but honestly, I'm fine with anything. You can change the colors around and stuff I probably wouldn't care.

If you have questions, I'll be around to answer! Also, if you want actual game screenshots, I can get those for you, but xP later. Anyway...!

Hair Ink color: Usually Yellow, specifically Yellow vs. Dark Blue
Hair style: Like, squid Palutena in pigtails. Long bangs parted down the middle, long with bits of hair framing the side of her face. Sucker'd tentacles pulled back over her ears and tied back, along with her long-ish back tentacles. Too vague? I've got sketches below.
Skin color: Light skinned. I think it's 3rd from the right in the options screen. Not translucent but she's white.
Eye color: She has wide, round eyes, thin eyebrows, and no extra eyelashes. Also other things....Lemme get to that
Headpiece: Tinted Shades
Clothing: Striped long sleeve of choice and standard squid-shorts (I usually draw her with a Green LS, but I don't really care. You can make it generic.(Maybe White LS, Navy LS, Striped Peaks LS?? yeah okay)
Shoes: Strapping Reds
Main Weapon: Vanilla Dynamo (specifically the standard) if you want to include it. (I do have refs of that on other computer/I can totally take others.)

Now, eyessss. Her eyes are kind of freaky and my character is blind because of that. (Consider adding a white cane with the pose? She probably isn't focusing her eyes anywhere, too.)
Anyway, her pupils are opaque, and her irises relatively match her hair color, whatever that may be. (Yellow)
Her eyes look like they were slashed through (across to the the right), so her iris and pupils bleed over.
Thing I drew specifically to show what I mean

Consequently, you could just draw her with her sunglasses and forget the eyes, I do that most of the time as you can see in refs I'm including. xP cellphone quality and school doodle, whooo
Additional sketches/refs:
Hair? maybe? I don't know what she's supposed to be looking
Thing
Thing 2 + Reed's character
EDIT: Aaah fixed links

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
If you're still taking requests, I'd like for you to draw two of my Inkling OCs.
Inkling Gender: Both are male.
Colors: One is light green while the other is light blue.
Character Desricption: The light green Inkling is fully grown, while the other Inkling is in the second to last stage of development for Inklings. Like here http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...process.png/revision/latest?cb=20150712181336
Clothing: Light Green Inkling wears a :head_ncp000:, a:clothes_prk000: and a :shoes_sht005:. Light Blue Inkling wears a :head_hdp000:, a :clothes_prk002: and a:shoes_trs002:.
Pose: The light green Inkling is lowing himself slightly down to pet the light blue with a "akward smile" (like this https://avvesione.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/working-05-inami-smile-blush-uneasy-enjoyable.jpg) while sweat dropping. The light blue Inkling looks annoyed, hands in pockets.
Size: Larger enough to show their feet, and fit the avatar image.
EDIT: SKIN : White for the light green Inkling.

Last edited:

mosse

Inkling
Just a small request for folks requesting characters w/o any images - please tell me the skin color you have in mind! Nothing personal, just don't want to make the mistake of drawing a dark-skinned character pale or vice versa. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom