• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkoming News: Cats vs Dogs is back on schedule!

Inkoming news: Cats vs Dogs is back on schedule! Here is the statement from the official Splatoon tumblr:

"The CATS vs. DOGS Splatfest is back on!

Sorry for the delay—we experienced some…tentacle difficulties with the Splatfest matchmaking. The first Splatfest will now begin on July 4th at 12:00 AM PT and will end on July 4th at 11:59 PM PT. That’s 24 hours of pure patriotic splattitude! Celebrate your inkdependence with nighttime Turf War battles and fireworks! "

Callie and Marie are excited to get back out on the stage and perform for North American players! Excited for the reschedule? Let us know in the comments below! So get ready squids and kids and be sure to stay fresh!

Comments

We couldn't fix our server issues so we did the next best thing and scheduled Splatfest on a day where most of you will be too busy to play at all. Brilliant! I personally don't have an issue with the date but I can see why people would be upset. Many people have vacations or events planned to celebrate July 4th and it was a **** move to schedule Splatfest on that date imo.

Last edited:
Hey come on now guys, aren't you glad we get all get to play at the same time as EU? My guess is Nintendo wants to show off how capable their servers are now and what better day than on July 4?

My guess is that the date was chosen because they felt bad about the delay, and rescheduling it to happen ASAP was the priority. This weekend would be too soon because there would be no time to announce and publicise it properly, so next weekend is the better choice.

Quit yer moaning.

Well, I'll be doing nothing on the 4th so yay!

(But really first Nintendo releases Mario maker on September 11th and now this? Who is the guy in charge of release dates? I wanna talk to them )

Better than being skipped in the first cycle of splatfests and having to wait till Japan got another one before we had our first.

I don't think it's such a big deal that Nintendo decided to have the NA splatfest on the 4th. NA isn't just the States - it includes Canada too, and I know that there will be a lot of people who will still be playing on the 4th! Don't worry if you've got plans for the holidays, those of us who will be playing will splat enough for you (though you may not reap the rewards).
I'm sorry for those of you who have obligations and other plans while splatfest is going to be going on, your team will surely miss your efforts!

I, on the other tentacle, will be putting all my efforts toward TEAM CAT! PRAISE FELIX!

Well, I'll be doing nothing on the 4th so yay!

(But really first Nintendo releases Mario maker on September 11th and now this? Who is the guy in charge of release dates? I wanna talk to them )
I think that these dates are only important to those who are in the United States, the rest of North America (Canada, mostly) isn't bothered by these release dates, and it shouldn't be a problem for most people. I'm not Canadian, nor can I speak for the baseball cap of the United States, but, I don't think it's that big of a deal.
I don't think games, events, and content being released on holidays or memorial days is a big issue, nor should it be a big deal. It just is what it is. You can still remember or celebrate on those days if an event or game comes out on that day. The memory of something terrible shouldn't stop something awesome from being released, just like one nation's holiday shouldn't put an event on hold for the rest of the continent. It's just not logistically sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that these dates are only important to those who are in the United States, the rest of North America (Canada, mostly) isn't bothered by these release dates, and it shouldn't be a problem for most people. I'm not Canadian, nor can I speak for the baseball cap of the United States, but, I don't think it's that big of a deal.
I don't think games, events, and content being released on holidays or memorial days is a big issue, nor should it be a big deal. It just is what it is. You can still remember or celebrate on those days if an event or game comes out on that day. The memory of something terrible shouldn't stop something awesome from being released, just like one nation's holiday shouldn't put an event on hold for the rest of the continent. It's just not logistically sound.
Yeah it's not a big deal for me either. I mean I remember 9/11 and all and it's bad but.. Just confused as to why people get upset over it.

Why don't we put the Splatfest on the 4th of July? It's not like anybody will be doing anything! lol

D
Nice job, Nintendo. Scheduling Splatfest on a day where most of us (including myself) won't be playing.

Holy **** there's a ton of negativity in this thread. Yes, they rescheduled it to a weekend in which many of us (myself included) will be busty. But I'd rather they did that than not fix the matchmaking issue. Get over yourselves. There will be more splatfests for you to participate in later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom