• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkoming News Update: North America Splatfest Delayed

It is with great sadness we come to all of the Squidboards Inklings with this news. It has been announced that the first Splatfest in North America has been delayed. Confirmed by both the Splatoon Tumblr and Nintendo Of America's Twitter, it seems this is due to an issue that took place during the first Splatfest in Japan (Rice vs Bread). Here is the official statement:

"Unfortunately, a matchmaking issue was discovered in the first Japanese Splatfest that resulted in long wait times and players unable to join matches. We have been working on a solution but will need a little more time to resolve the issue. In order to ensure that fans have the best possible experience and can enjoy the fun they’ve come to expect from Splatoon, we have decided to postpone the first North American Splatfest. We’ll have details on a new date soon!"

It seems that Splatfests are just too fresh for the game to currently handle. Be sure to stay tuned to Squidboards for news and updates on the situation.

Comments

At least we're being assured that future Splatfests won't be mired in a puddle of technical issues, though now I'm worried that we'll have to turn in our Splatfest Tees early and wait to get new ones when it rolls around again. Especially since I spent all that effort grinding mine to max out its abilities.

That said, looking forward to Bluefin Depot tomorrow!

On one hand, booooooooo.

On the other, I applaud them for being able to make that decision to delay so that they have a higher quality

First of all...darn it... :(

On the other hand...At least they're going to fix their previous mistakes~ Also since I wouldn't have been able to attend the would've been this weekend one, I'd now be able to go to it whenever it does happen :3

Knowing my luck it'll be postponed until I'm gone away for a week in July or something stupid >_>

I'm not sure how they could fix the matchmaking issues? I mean, it's regional. It's just gonna be harder to get into a lobby than when you can match up globally. Not only that, but each team is based on which side they chose, limiting options even more. Maybe the game was having issues finding people or something, but it's gonna be harder to fill lobbies than normal anyway.

It is with great sadness we come to all of the Squidboards Inklings with this news. It has been announced that the first Splatfest in North America has been delayed. Confirmed by both the Splatoon Tumblr and Nintendo Of America's Twitter, it seems this is due to an issue that took place during the first Splatfest in Japan (Rice vs Bread). Here is the official statement:

"Unfortunately, a matchmaking issue was discovered in the first Japanese Splatfest that resulted in long wait times and players unable to join matches. We have been working on a solution but will need a little more time to resolve the issue. In order to ensure that fans have the best possible experience and can enjoy the fun they’ve come to expect from Splatoon, we have decided to postpone the first North American Splatfest. We’ll have details on a new date soon!"

It seems that Splatfests are just too fresh for the game to currently handle. Be sure to stay tuned to Squidboards for news and updates on the situation.
I was gonna miss Splatfest this weekend, but if it gets postponed to next weekend, I'll be able to join in :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom