• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkoming Version 2.2.0 Discussion

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Splatoon JP twitter account recently posted that January 17th (16th for NoA) we'll have a 2.2.0 update!

The Squidboards twitter account (yes, we have one of those too =p) retweeted Go Nintendo's article tweet where he posted an English fan translation of the patch notes that was posted on Pastebin:
MAIN WEAPON PERFORMANCE

Splattershot Jr. / Custom Splattershot Jr.
· Now paints at the feet easier

Dynamo Roller / Gold Dynamo Roller
· Maximum damage of horizontal swing and vertical swing: 150.0 → 180.0
· The distance of damage from a horizontal swing increased by about 21%. Does not affect distance where damage is over 100.0.
· The distance of damage from a vertical swing increased by about 11%. Does not affect distance where damage is over 100.0.

Flingza Roller / Foil Flingza Roller
· Widened the painting radius of the vertical swing.
· The distance of damage from a vertical swing above 100.0 damage increased by about 11% and extended the distance of damage that can do above 50.0 by about 13%.

Inkbrush / Inkbrush Nouveau
· Increased movement speed while swinging the brush by 67%.

Classic Squiffer
· Increased charging speed while in the air by 100%.

Bamboozler 14 Mk I
· Increased charging speed while in the air by 100%.

Goo Tuber
· Increased the overall damage when not fully charged by about 63%. As a result, the damage of 100.0 or higher can be obtained at 71% charge now.
· Reduced the velocity distance of the bullet just before a full charge by about 5%.

Slosher / Slosher Deco / Hero Slosher Replica
· After shooting, the time of restricted movement is shortened by 4 frames.
· Painting radius increased closer to the feet and slightly further.

Heavy Splatling / Heavy Splatling Deco / Hero Splatling Replica
· Damage increased: 28.0 → 32.0

Dapple Dualies / Dapple Dualies Nouveau
· Slightly expanded the hitbox calcuation between bullets and players, making it easier to hit players.
· Reduced ink consumption by about 17%.
· Reduced dodge roll movement lag for using shooting and sub-weapons by 4 frames.

Splat Dualies / Enperry Splat Dualies
· Slightly expanded the hitbox calcuation between bullets and players, making it easier to hit players.
· Reduced dodge roll movement lag for using shooting and sub-weapons by 4 frames.

Glooga Dualies
· Reduced ink consumption by about 11%.
· Reduced bullet shake just after shooting.

Dualie Squelchers

SUB WEAPON PERFORMANCE

Splat Bomb
· Reduced blast radius of damage over 30.0 by 13%

Suction Bomb
· Reduced blast radius of damage over 30.0 by 11%

Curling Bomb
· Increased delay of ink recovery after using the bomb by 15 frames
· Reduced blast radius of damage over 30.0 by 13%

SPECIAL WEAPON PERFORMANCE

Curling Bomb Launcher
· Extended duration of the special by 40 frames.

Bubble Blower
· It is now much easier to destroy a bubble when it is smaller.

MAIN WEAPON SPECIAL POINT GAUGE PERFORMANCE

.52 Gal ................... 190 → 180
Custom E-liter 4K ......... 180 → 170
Custom E-liter 4K Scope ... 180 → 170
Dualie Squelchers ......... 190 → 180
Tenta Brella .............. 180 → 170

N-ZAP 85 .................. 190 → 210
Forge Splattershot Pro .... 180 → 200
Flingza Roller ............ 180 → 190
Foil Flingza Roller ....... 180 → 190
*whew*

Very very interesting changes here. I'll edit in the official translation once it goes up!

HEY!! Lookatme I'm an edit!
A "thank you" to @Cyan for spotting the official NoA notes of the version update that have been posted. Go on and check it out, quite a bit more stuff in it.

Update should be going live today on January 16th around 5pm pst!

Last edited:

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Curling Bomb
· Increased delay of ink recovery after using the bomb by 15 frames
NOOOOOO!!!! WHY!?!

Like, I can understand why but that's going to hurt my L-3 a bit which saddens me. :(

Aside from that, this patch is pretty much just buffs to most of the "unused" weapons in Splat 2 (and a few nerfs to some of the current "meta" weapons) and it seems that Nintendo REALLY wants more players to be using the Dualies since they have been getting buffed in almost every patch so far (I won't be surprised if they become "meta" after this patch).

Overall, the patch looks decent enough I'm just not a fan of the Curling Bomb nerf (probably R.I.P. my Bomb spam at choke point strat).

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Yeah, the Bamboozler is my most heavy curling bomb usage/dependent weapon as I use them for mobility, close quarters combat, traps, and combos... that nerf is gonna hurt so so so sooooo bad in a bad way!

I can understand them doing it to curtail sploosh-o-matics and splat roller shenanigans, especially when they curling bomb into splashdown, but the rest of us shouldn't have to suffer as well! :(

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Obviously the big one to me is the Dualie buff.

"Slightly expanded the hitbox calculation between bullets and players, making it easier to hit players."

This should mean that getting both guns to hit players should be much more reliable. I can't tell you how many times I've been killed in duels simply because one gun decided to start shooting away from the enemy. Maybe I can more reliably use Dualies in more serious matches after this.

Will this make them meta? Probably not. Afterall, Splattershot and N-Zap will likely still reliably kill faster.

Still....how many Dualie buffs does this make? 5?

Last edited:

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Really looking forward to the slosher and charger buffs. Goober can now partial charge kill, while they nerfed the di partial charge distance by 5% (pretty sure that's what they mean). Basically it's more survivable. It'll def hvae more usage but nothing game changing imo. Since I started playing slosher deco I've been really annoyed how little it paints right next to you and the end lag to a nice buff for any other sloshers!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
inb4 gloogas r realy used by ppl lawl

Still....how many Dualie buffs does this make? 5?

The Forge/Bubble nerf doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but maybe it'll cause more mindless meta chasers to stop using it. My baby shouldn't be meta!
I think we'll be hitting a half-dozen or more buffs for the dualie class after this.

I'm thinking the bubble nerf could mean we'll be able to effectively counter them. Currently not only can they be greatly difficult to get rid of, but even if you have multiple people trying to stop the same bubble, just one person on the other team can still pop it or keep it on the field in spite of them.

And to think so many (unimaginative) people derided the bubble blower when it first premiered. :rolleyes:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
This is very interesting. The Goo Tuber gets an amazing buff, basically it now works like the E3K in the first game(can splat at just shy of 3/4 charge) which means partial charged shots are back! The horror!

Squiffers and Bamboozlers also get a buff that allows them to charge faster mid-air, which really depends on how fast it'll work in-game. If they charge as fast as they do on ground, that's a huge game-changer.

Very curious on how this'll play out in game.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
More tenta missiles and better accuracy for my Dualie Squelchers? Yes please! :D I've been thinking about picking up the Heavy Splatling, and now's seemingly the time - The Jet with that damage is great at killing with falloff damage and getting assists, and the Heavy will do even better in that field now.
This is very interesting. The Goo Tuber gets an amazing buff, basically it now works like the E3K in the first game(can splat at just shy of 3/4 charge) which means partial charged shots are back! The horror!
I don't know if it'll ever be meta, but the Goo Tuber becomes more and more viable with each patch, pulling off stunts no other charger can. Not only does it kill with partial charged shots, but partial charged shots on the move! There's no way that isn't going to be a threat.

※Zachary

Semi-Pro Squid
*Sigh*

Increased special points for N-ZAP 85 to 210? Guess I'll need more Special Charge up lol. :P

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
*Sigh*

Increased special points for N-ZAP 85 to 210? Guess I'll need more Special Charge up lol. :p
You use 3 mains, right? That's already pretty wasteful, any amount beyond 2 does very little to actually nothing with higher amounts.

To add something to the conversation and not just nitpick... poor Glooga Dualies. Better accuracy and ink efficiency won't save that weapon from being garbage.

※Zachary

Semi-Pro Squid
You use 3 mains, right? That's already pretty wasteful, any amount beyond 2 does very little to actually nothing with higher amounts.
Eh, even if it only helps a little that the little is gonna mean a lot now.
To add something to the conversation and not just nitpick... poor Glooga Dualies. Better accuracy and ink efficiency won't save that weapon from being garbage.
Lol. The Glooga's are awful in ranked.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
poor Glooga Dualies. Better accuracy and ink efficiency won't save that weapon from being garbage.
Lol. The Glooga's are awful in ranked.

If I had a fitting retort in defense of that goo tuber 1.0 among dualies I'd show you what for!

One day! You'll see, one day, before Splatoon 3 obsoletes this game the gloogas will be reliable!

And then they'll go back to square one in Splatoon 3. ¬_¬;

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Forgot to mention this earlier, but if the 67% damage boost to partial charged shots applies to tap shots, then the goober is a 2 tap shot kill clocking in at 66.7 damage per tap... That's pretty insane along with its partial charge storage and kit. Now the most transparent weakness will be the range pretty trash range

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Much appreciated @Cyan! Added a quick note to the end of the top post.

Looks like this evening could be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom