• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Inkoming Weapons: Sploosh-o-matic and .96 Gal Deco

Hey there squids and kids! It looks like the steady stream of new content for Splatoon just keeps coming in and we have the lowdown on two weapons set to be in those little inkling hands soon! These two weapons are the Sploosh-o-matic and the .96 Gal Deco. While the Sploosh-o-matic was previously leaked, the .96 Gal Deco is a pleasant surprise and a new feature with information only inkoming now.

"With its wide muzzle, the Sploosh-o-matic is specialized for close-combat situations. Beat back the enemy while placing Squid Beakons on their turf, and then mop up with the deadly Killer Wail ! This weapon set excels at opening holes in the opponents' defenses for your teammates to exploit." - Sheldon from Ammo Knights

"The .96 Gal Deco is a standard .96 Gal with a little added flair! Unlike the standard .96 Gal, though, you can approach with the Splash Wall, and then...release the Kraken. That would be my strategy, anyway! I'd recommend it to fighters who want to charge the front lines!" - Sheldon from Ammo Knights

Their release times for these new weapons are as follows:
  • Europe: 4AM
  • UK: 3AM
  • North America (EDT): 10PM (July 7th)
  • North America (PDT): 7PM (July 7th)
  • Japan: 11AM
So be sure to visit Sheldon over at Ammo Knights and get a look at the newest items in the inventory. To keep up with any upcoming weapon news be sure to stay tuned to Squidboards. Spread ink, cover some turf, but most importantly stay fresh!

Comments

While I think the killer wail is horrible for the Sploosh-o-matic, I suppose you can use it for tower control to throw people off the tower I guess, but I still don't like it. I really like the .96 Gal Deco though now. I bet you it's going to dominate Tower control and Splat Zones and the Kraken is and ok touch to it, to surprise opponents, but the Splash wall will destroy in Tower control and Splat Zones on certain stages. Overall Im really happy with these new releases! I'll be sure to try them out next time I'm on Splatoon! Now I just need to sit here and wait for the scoped E-Liter 3K :)

I'm excited for the Sploosh-O-Matic as a Splash-O-Matic user.
I feel like the .96 Gal Deco is going to be scary as heck, I'll want to try that one at some point too~ But in the end it all depends on how smart they are at using the range and the splash wall on that weapon.

Sad there's no new snipers, though. They've been fun to use recently!

What counters the .96 Gal? Not that it matters much with the Splash Wall AND the Kraken, but I might try a hard counter to the .96 Gal Deco. That is of course when I'm not using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom