• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkopolis Plaza additions?

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
In Inkopolis Plaza there are some unused buildings. These are likely just there to stop people leaving the area, but what if they could be converted into other things in updates? Possibly a hair salon to change your Inkling's hair? Or a target place, kinda like a Splatoon version of Smash's Break the Targets?

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
I'd love to have a salon in the building right next to Booyah Base. I'd love to have a place to do the Inkling's hair differently. It could add some lovely customization. If I had to pay in the gold from multiplayer (since it is still a salon) I'd be perfectly happy too

Clayton-D

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Clayton-D
Along with a hair salon, it would be neat to have a clothes dying station for the clothes that don't automatically change. A "trinket" store would be cool, too, for visual-only bits and bobs that can be placed on your character.

luigisly

Full Squid
A break the targets mode would be really awesome. Could even do that and an obstacle course at the same time to work on those movement mechanics.

Clayton-D

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Clayton-D
A break the targets mode would be really awesome. Could even do that and an obstacle course at the same time to work on those movement mechanics.
That could be great! It could possibly be part of the "battle Dojo" or be made its own building. The obstacle course could also add some platforming-style objectives, too. There could be a time trial system with an online ranking system.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up being used for other things. I could see future updates allowing you to enter - I hope that's the case!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
They will probably add more, also, hair salon PLEASE. I need to change the haircut, it would be amazing.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
A hair saloon would be nice but I highly doubt we'll be seeing one in the near future. I mean what other 'hairstyles' could they do.

Clayton-D

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Clayton-D
A hair saloon would be nice but I highly doubt we'll be seeing one in the near future. I mean what other 'hairstyles' could they do.
Well there's Callie and Marie to go off of, and I'm sure there are lots of other cool stuff that could be done. Ponytails for girls or a lower tie for boys that looks mullet-like. There's lots they could do.

However, I think that releasing gameplay-related updates is Nintendo's priority at the moment.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
They already have some assets for a shooting range like area because of the weapon testing area and the squid dummies.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
In Inkopolis Plaza there are some unused buildings. These are likely just there to stop people leaving the area, but what if they could be converted into other things in updates? Possibly a hair salon to change your Inkling's hair? Or a target place, kinda like a Splatoon version of Smash's Break the Targets?
Hahaha, guys a target range? a platforming zone? We already have that built into the game in the form of the single player campaign. I'm sure there will be tons of guys who are dedicated to getting the fastest time and highest scores in these modes. And it wouldn't at all shock me if we see more of them show up as DLC.

I agree though I would LOVE to see a hair salon. But I can't think of anything else I would add right now.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Well there's Callie and Marie to go off of, and I'm sure there are lots of other cool stuff that could be done. Ponytails for girls or a lower tie for boys that looks mullet-like. There's lots they could do.
Yeah, I guess. But I still doubt it'll happen.

However, I think that releasing gameplay-related updates is Nintendo's priority at the moment.
I completely agree with this sentiment.

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
I could also see them doing long/curly hair for guys or just completely straight hair for girls. Although the whole tentacle thing makes it seem weird, I can see Nintendo working it out

noahk777

Senior Squid
NNID
noahgk
Wow, so many people loving the hair salon. (:

Oh, yeah, I didn't think of an obstacle course! That would be cool.

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
A name for the salon could be something like the salmon idea someone said earlier. How about....

Smoked Salon (get it, like smoked salmon?)

MrRoidley

Full Squid
Hmm, yeah, maybe with updates they will be accessible.
Hair salon is a nice idea, minigames such a target test-type thing or a obstacle course would be amazing too. It'd be like Splatoon borrowed Target Smash and Race To The Finish from Smash for a while :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom