• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkopolis: The Time Mix-Up (OOC Thred)

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
So, here's the layout that I was thinking:
This thread is now an official OOC thread.
Those who wish to join are free to begin making a character using the character sheet below. Character sheets will be used for future reference.

Character Sheet:

Name: (Name Your character)

Species: (Is your character an Inkling? An Octoling? A Jellyfish? Any sea creature is allowed.)

Age: (How old is your character? [Ages 6 - 21. Older/Younger characters subject to review.])

Appearance: (What does your character look like?)

Origin Time Period: (What time period is your character originally from? Can be a date or era name.)

Personality: (What is your character's personality like?)

Backstory: (Give a short summary of your character's life)

Once enough players have signed up, and once enough people have volunteered to be a GM, then the RP will officially start with an upcoming IC thread.
If you would like to volunteer, please PM me.
When that thread is posted, all are free to begin the RP once a GM has properly announced your arrival. (You'll see what I mean.)

Here is the official story line (Subject to change with progression):

The time and date are unknown. All that is for certain is the location. Inkopolis. But something's not quite right. Everything looks so... futuristic... So... New.
Welcome, one and all to New Inkopolis, a bustling metropolis dedicated to science, the arts, manufacturing, and for the kids, Turf Wars. The future of Inkopolis is a fine and happy place. Everyone gets along quite well. Robots help with everyday life, the city itself seems to be by far, more advanced. Yes... New Inkopolis is a fine place to live... That is.. untill a giant swirling time rift appears over New Inkopolis Tower. The citizens are terrified.
"What is it?"
"What's it doing here?"
"Move over, I can't see!"
All the citizens gather around and stare in awe at the giant swirling vortex of assumed doom.
But just then, something falls out of it.
The crowd stares in silence as the unidentified object falls out of the rift.
Then the rustling of a few trees are heard.
A few brave souls rush to assess what is happening. There, in the tree, they find an inkling. A stuck inkling, but an inkling true and true. It would seem that these conveniently placed trees have broken the inkling's fall. Robots are summoned to help the poor inkling out of the tree, just in time for another to fall in, and another, and another, and a sofa. Pretty soon, things are falling out of the rift left and right, inklings, octolings, everyday objects.

Finally after what could have been described as an eternity of random things falling from the sky, the vortex finally closes, leaving behind everyone and everything that was unlucky enough to have taken a trip through its winding tunnel.

Now, a problem arises. Everyone who has been sent to the future has no where to go, nowhere to live, and more prominently, no idea what's happening. Here to help, comes Dr. Sue Shi, a brilliant scientist followed by her trusty lab assistants. Together with the collective help and charity of the citizens of New Inkopolis, they begin to help the poor souls who were sucked from their time periods. They're provided houses, food, and anything else they may need while the solution to their problem is consulted. But when a solution DOES arise, what will they do? Will they stay and enjoy life in the future? Or return home to their friends and family?

This is the basic starting point for the RP. The rest of the story comes from... well... RP.
Players are allowed to choose to be anyone from any time period as long as they don't interfere with others or could be considered too over powered.
Players are also allowed to be someone from the future. (I.e. A citizen of New Inkopolis or a Lab Assistant.) Be prepared to play the part!
Sub plots will appear as they are needed or called upon.

Finally, I know you all like this part the least, but they're important.
Rules
1. No bullying. (Nobody likes that.)
2. No NSFW posts, please. (Nobody wants to see that.)
3. Romantic RP is allowed. (I don't see any reason to keep true love apart.)
4. Don't spam. (It makes it harder to see other's posts, plus it's against forum rules.)
5. You're not limited to just inklings. Octolings, Jellies, and other sea creatures are fine to play.
6. No controlling characters that aren't yours. (That's not fair to others.)
7. Don't make overpowered characters that have "special" powers. (That's not fun.)
8. Respect other players and GM's.
9. Have fun. (You'll get a cookie if you do.)
10. Eat the cookie awarded from rule 9. (Your taste buds will thank you.)
11. Characters from other RPs are allowed here too. (Due to the properties of time travel, the usage of characters here will not affect the usage of the same character elsewhere. Unless you want it to, that is.)
12. New Characters Must wait for Approval from a GM. (Sorry, but it keeps things in check.)

Well, that's all for now, everyone! I hope you'll all consider joining the RP!

Last edited:

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
Since this character was previously mentioned, here's the NPC character sheet. NPC sheets are very basic. Don't expect too much from them.
NPC
Name: Dr. Sue Shi

Species: Inkling

Appearance: She's rather short for her age. She's an average looking inkling with a pair of smallish glasses. Her hair is a good medium length and colored a fair Blue. She wears her lab coat all the time. It's dirty and highly stained.

Origin Time Period: Future Era

Personality: Sue is easy going. She likes to take life one step at a time and enjoy what's handed to her. She generally enjoys science. She enjoys it so much that she even has a coffee mug that reads "I ♥ Science".

Sue has a fear of speaking in front of many people at once.

Currently Unknown

Backstory: Rather infatuated with science, Sue grew up studying the subject as much as she could, trying to learn every detail. Eventually, she received a degree for general sciences from Inksford College. She set-up her own base of operations in New Inkopolis. Her own laboratory. Soon, people began to line up at her doorstep, each with the gleam of a potential scientist in their eyes. After some time, "Discoveries" became a full laboratory, filled with bustling scientists searching for answers. Life was great for Sue. Until the rift appeared, that is.

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
I'm gonna be an old as heck Octoli--

Name: (Name Your character)

Species: (Is your character an Inkling? An Octoling? A Jellyfish? Any sea creature is allowed.)

Age: (How old is your character? [Ages 6 - 21 Only, please.])

Appearance: (What does your character look like?)

Origin Time Period: (What time period is your character originally from? Can be a date or era name.)

Personality: (What is your character's personality like?)

Backstory: (Give a short summary of your character's life)
I'm finished...

...To make my question more sane and clearer. Can I have make a character that's say... in his seventies? I'll explain how he's capable of actually doing stuff, unlike the Cap'n.

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Rustic
...To make my question more sane and clearer. Can I have make a character that's say... in his seventies? I'll explain how he's capable of actually doing stuff, unlike the Cap'n.

To make the answer as clear as possible:
"Yes. BUT...."
Okay, okay. Here's the simpler answer.
Sure. The reason there's a teeny little age limit is because of few different set-backs that having a character that's too old or too young may cause.
I feel like I should revise the rules slightly.
Anyhow, your idea sounds fine to me.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Inkoming!
Alright, hopefully this explains it enough for it to be passed. Otherwise, I'll be using a generic Inkling.

Name: "Shen Octadron"

Species: "I, am an Octoling!"

Appearance: Shen is of average height for an Octoling. He typically wears a lab coat with a purple long sleeve shirt underneath, its purple sleeves normally peek out of the overcoat's sleeves. He wears a pair of slacks, just a normal pair with a purple stripe running down the sides. Finally to complete his ensemble, he wears a pair of Octoling Boots. But, did you think that was all? Nah. Shen has an attachment on his back that slows down his aging process, at first glance he looks like he's in his late forties, but in reality he's 74. He dubbed his little 'backbone' attachment the "Chrono-diminisher MKI! Don't listen to this kid!" He also has a scar on his cheek from an injury from the Great Turf War.

Origin Time Period: Post Great Turf War, plucked straight from his lab in Octo Valley. During the events of 'Hero Mode'.

Personality: Shen is a patient man. Until it comes to interactions with Inklings, then he'll turn up his nose and scoff loudly at them. However, he is fairly zealous about his passion for science, despite it being the rather insane kind. In a sense, he's arrogant as well. "Ugh..."

Backstory: Shen grew up within Octo Valley, like most Octarians. He tended to exhibit higher than usual technical and scientific expertise than his peers, and he swiftly left the academy he was being taught at. Shen left the academy and went on to develop other things, like his smarts, better weapon variants, improvements to the Octarians way of life, that sort of thing. Fast forward to the events of Hero Mode, he was working on his Chrono-diminisher MKII before he got teleported to a strange new Inkopolis... That brings events to now.

Alrighty, anything else that needs to be added or modified or is that good?

Last edited:

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Rustic
Inkoming!
Alright, hopefully this explains it enough for it to be passed. Otherwise, I'll be using a generic Inkling.

Name: "Shen Octadron"

Species: "I, am an Octoling!"

Appearance: Shen is of average height for an Octoling. He typically wears a lab coat with a purple long sleeve shirt underneath, its purple sleeves normally peek out of the overcoat's sleeves. He wears a pair of slacks, just a normal pair with a purple stripe running down the sides. Finally to complete his ensemble, he wears a pair of Octoling Boots. But, did you think that was all? Nah. Shen has an attachment on his back that slows down his aging process, at first glance he looks like he's in his late forties, but in reality he's 74. He dubbed his little 'backbone' attachment the "Chrono-diminisher MKI! Don't listen to this kid!" He also has a scar on his cheek from an injury from the Great Turf War.

Origin Time Period: Post Great Turf War, plucked straight from his lab in Octo Valley. During the events of 'Hero Mode'.

Personality: Shen is a patient man. Until it comes to interactions with Inklings, then he'll turn up his nose and scoff loudly at them. However, he is fairly zealous about his passion for science, despite it being the rather insane kind. In a sense, he's arrogant as well. "Ugh..."

Backstory: Shen grew up within Octo Valley, like most Octarians. He tended to exhibit higher than usual technical and scientific expertise than his peers, and he swiftly left the academy he was being taught at. Shen left the academy and went on to develop other things, like his smarts, better weapon variants, improvements to the Octarians way of life, that sort of thing. Fast forward to the events of Hero Mode, he was working on his Chrono-diminisher MKII before he got teleported to a strange new Inkopolis... That brings events to now.

Alrighty, anything else that needs to be added or modified or is that good?
Looks good to go! Now for the stamp of acceptance...

[ ACCEPTED! ]

It's official now.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Sounds cool. I got an Inkling for ya,
Name: Tyler "Ty" Aquatic

Appearance: A small Inkling boy who has some hair peeking out of his Yellow Squid Nordic, along with wearing a Green Zip Hoodie and a Neon Green Slugs.

Origin Time Period: Present Day.

Personality: Has high anxiety, paranoia and jittery muscle spasms. Often nervous and a bit insecure about himself, due to him being the younger and less experienced compared to other people around him, but despite that, when he summons his courage, he becomes a completely different person personality wise.

Backstory: Tyler has been in many wrong situations at the wrong time, which gave him his high anxiety. As some recent examples, he did some missions for Callie, Marie, and Captain Cuttlefish where he nearly fell to his death, shocked himself with a ZapFish, and almost getting killed by enemy Octarians. Under normal circumstances they would've replaced him, but they saw how his courage affected his performance... but that's a different story. On his day off, he was looking forward to a normal day doing Ranked Battles until the events with the vortex lead up.

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@MacSmitty
Sounds cool. I got an Inkling for ya,
Name: Tyler "Ty" Aquatic

Appearance: A small Inkling boy who has some hair peeking out of his Yellow Squid Nordic, along with wearing a Green Zip Hoodie and a Neon Green Slugs.

Origin Time Period: Present Day.

Personality: Has high anxiety, paranoia and jittery muscle spasms. Often nervous and a bit insecure about himself, due to him being the younger and less experienced compared to other people around him, but despite that, when he summons his courage, he becomes a completely different person personality wise.

Backstory: Tyler has been in many wrong situations at the wrong time, which gave him his high anxiety. As some recent examples, he did some missions for Callie, Marie, and Captain Cuttlefish where he nearly fell to his death, shocked himself with a ZapFish, and almost getting killed by enemy Octarians. Under normal circumstances they would've replaced him, but they saw how his courage affected his performance... but that's a different story. On his day off, he was looking forward to a normal day doing Ranked Battles until the events with the vortex lead up.
[ ACCEPTED! ]
The stamp of acceptance doesn't lie.

@MacSmitty @Rustic
Now all we need to start is at least one more player. Another GM would be nice too, but we don't need one to start.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
OK pulling this one from my Fanfiction Project Ark

Character Sheet:

Name: Project A.R.K. - Named himself Zerul (yes i know i have an RP charecter with same name BACK OFF)

Species: Artifical Inkling

Age: You wont believe me. 1 year (unless you count the day he was built then 2000+ years)

Appearance: Zerul isn't too spacial. His hair is a dark blue with teal spots. He wears a dark blue Squid-T shirt, black Hike Tech boots, and he wears and Inkling combat mask (something from my fanfic like Octolings but Inklings built it)(they made it from the Great turf war so its old)

Origin Time Period: Made during Human Age 2012 A.D. , born during inkling age 2000 (what is the exact year of the splatoon game?)

Personality: Kind, caring, curious.

Backstory: Project A.R.K. was a system to revive humanity automaticly when conditions were favorable. something went wrong and it failed its job. but the AI that controled it lived on. It watched the planet over the years and only the satalite got destroid did it eject to the surface to safe itself. Things happend and he collected DNA from several inklings to make his own artifial Inkling. he intigrated into the mind of this inkling and lives on as Zerul. The worm hole oppend up shortly after he was captured by the Scarlet Elites taking him to places unknown. Upon flying through the rift he sees many others flying through all screaming afraid they were going to die. he turns to see a large object hit him and he was knocked out. (this is where GM can stat what happens as my entrance.)

Last edited:

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Zerul
OK pulling this one from my Fanfiction Project Ark

Character Sheet:

Name: Project A.R.K. - Named himself Zerul (yes i know i have an RP charecter with same name BACK OFF)

Species: Artifical Inkling

Age: You wont believe me. 1 year (unless you count the day he was built then 2000+ years)

Appearance: Zerul isn't too spacial. His hair is a dark blue with teal spots. He wears a dark blue Squid-T shirt, black Hike Tech boots, and he wears and Inkling combat mask (something from my fanfic like Octolings but Inklings built it)(they made it from the Great turf war so its old)

Origin Time Period: Made during Human Age 2012 A.D. , born during inkling age 2000 (what is the exact year of the splatoon game?)

Personality: Kind, caring, curious.

Backstory: Project A.R.K. was a system to revive humanity automaticly when conditions were favorable. something went wrong and it failed its job. but the AI that controled it lived on. It watched the planet over the years and only the satalite got destroid did it eject to the surface to safe itself. Things happend and he collected DNA from several inklings to make his own artifial Inkling. he intigrated into the mind of this inkling and lives on as Zerul. The worm hole oppend up shortly after he was captured by the Scarlet Elites taking him to places unknown. Upon flying through the rift he sees many others flying through all screaming afraid they were going to die. he turns to see a large object hit him and he was knocked out. (this is where GM can stat what happens as my entrance.)
[ ACCEPTANCE! ]
Looks good to me. I'm assuming he looks like a regular squid/kid, so correct me if I'm wrong.

@Rustic @MacSmitty @Zerul
That officially makes enough players to start. If someone volunteers to be a GM, then I can add in more player spots. For now, there's a total of 5 with 3 taken up. Sorry, it's a bit tough to keep track of SIX people all on your own.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
@silly979 you are correct on the asumption. the only way to find out would be an x-ray or something and only a Skilled Doctor/Scientest will notices the anomily in the skill of Zerul

Ikaheishi

Bobble-chan
Well, this role-play has caught my attention. I'd like to join in.
Name: Laura

Appearance:
Laura has light blue tentacles, and loves to wear her favorite bobble hat and green hoodie all the time.

Origin Time Period:
Roughly two years after the events of Splatoon. (When the Great Zapfish was rescued.)

Personality:
Cheerful, upbeat and playful, Laura loves adventure and is generally carefree. She loves making others laugh and smile, and cares deeply about the happiness of others. Laura enjoys drawing and participating in recreational turf wars, and she likes to work on short stories with her best friend Zoe. Laura is also musically inclined—when she's stressed, Laura will sometimes hum her favorite songs to help calm herself. Zoe particularly likes her singing; for fun together, they sometimes sing the songs of their favorite music group, the Squid Sisters.

Because of her family's past, Laura is weary of businessmen, and has an especially strong contempt for lawyers and politicians. This made worse when Zoe was arrested and charged for a crime she didn't commit, and Laura was compelled to testify against her. Laura also dislikes looking at—let alone having to touch—anything she perceives as dirty, a trait that doesn't combine well with insects, something Laura is very much afraid of.

Backstory:
Laura comes from a relatively prominent and infamous family of businessmen, lawyers, and politicians. Laura feels ashamed of her family name and history, and hides any ties to her family that she can. She regards her brother as cold and cruel ever since he embraced the family legacy. Because of this, Laura desires to become better than her brother, and put the terrible history of her family behind her.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Since the last role-play I applied to closed down right before I would have joined in, this will be my first time role-playing. Apologies in advance if I goof something up.

(I was going to post this last night, but I was just too tired to finish it then.)

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@Ikaheishi
Well, this role-play has caught my attention. I'd like to join in.
Name: Laura

Appearance:
Laura has light blue tentacles, and loves to wear her favorite bobble hat and green hoodie all the time.

Origin Time Period:
Roughly two years after the events of Splatoon. (When the Great Zapfish was rescued.)

Personality:
Cheerful, upbeat and playful, Laura loves adventure and is generally carefree. She loves making others laugh and smile, and cares deeply about the happiness of others. Laura enjoys drawing and participating in recreational turf wars, and she likes to work on short stories with her best friend Zoe. Laura is also musically inclined—when she's stressed, Laura will sometimes hum her favorite songs to help calm herself. Zoe particularly likes her singing; for fun together, they sometimes sing the songs of their favorite music group, the Squid Sisters.

Because of her family's past, Laura is weary of businessmen, and has an especially strong contempt for lawyers and politicians. This made worse when Zoe was arrested and charged for a crime she didn't commit, and Laura was compelled to testify against her. Laura also dislikes looking at—let alone having to touch—anything she perceives as dirty, a trait that doesn't combine well with insects, something Laura is very much afraid of.

Backstory:
Laura comes from a relatively prominent and infamous family of businessmen, lawyers, and politicians. Laura feels ashamed of her family name and history, and hides any ties to her family that she can. She regards her brother as cold and cruel ever since he embraced the family legacy. Because of this, Laura desires to become better than her brother, and put the terrible history of her family behind her.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Since the last role-play I applied to closed down right before I would have joined in, this will be my first time role-playing. Apologies in advance if I goof something up.

(I was going to post this last night, but I was just too tired to finish it then.)
[ Accepted! ]
Looks great! Sorry that your other choice closed down before you had a chance to join in. It's even cooler that this is your first RP. Just relax. You'll do fine, I know you will! I'll introduce you in a second and then feel free to start RP'ing.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
if you have read my fanfictions (AKA they are in my signiture)

This charecter is pulled from it but i wanted to alter the events this way i had room to build up a charecter instead of a copy paste replica

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Floop, alright then!
Name: Magabelle Yyouni

Appearance: Her ink is red-orange, with an off-white Bobble Hat (in the areas that are white, of course), a faded Zekko Hoodie that has a few rips on the edges, and some not-so-Crazy Arrows. Her skin is <number 2> (I don't know what to call it), and her eyes are a dulled green. She's also slightly scrawny.

Origin Time Period: This is probably confusing, but this particular Magabelle comes from a timeline where Inkopolis had been abandoned around four years after the main game, and thirty years past that. That's not to say it happened in this timeline though!

Personality: She tends to be extremely stubborn and cautious around strangers. However, her demeanor changes when around children (pretty much anyone under eighteen), tending to be more lenient and trusting. Outside of these traits, she's a sweet girl that doesn't really think things through most of the time, and loves Turf Wars, despite not having played for thirty years.

Backstory: You want a short summary? Alright then! Mother and father get divorced when she was five, starts turf wars at 14, Inkopolis abandoned, father killed out of anger and met Oscar at 16, lives in remains of city 16+, time rift whatever at 46. Was that short enough? :P

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
@VeryButter
Backstory: You want a short summary? Alright then! Mother and father get divorced when she was five, starts turf wars at 14, Inkopolis abandoned, father killed out of anger and met Oscar at 16, lives in remains of city 16+, time rift whatever at 46. Was that short enough? :p
Possibly too short. It'd be nice if you could flesh that out a bit, but otherwise...
[ Acceptance? ]

I'll see about introducing you in a bit.

silly979

Full Squid
NNID
silly979
This just in: I'm bumping up the player cap from 5 to 7.

Of course... I could bump it even further is someone volunteers to be a GM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom