• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Inkopolis Underground- a truly unique squad!

NeoStar

Senior Squid
NNID
Shadow_Rex
A very unique approach to a squad! I'll join!
Unfortunately, though, I do not have Splatoon yet, though I will get it in the near future.

Name: Angus / ZypkerGaming
Nintendo Network ID: ZypkerGaming
Skype Name: ZypkerGaming

Inkling Name: Xander
Personality: Xander enjoys adventure. He does parkour frequently and freeruns a lot. He is a skateboarder and a master of dodgeball and capture the flag. While keeping a cool and collected impression, he also enjoys collecting knowledge and intelligence, using tactics to make his way out of a tough situation and uses brain over brawn. He is a technology expert and also thinks outside the box.
On The Splatoon Field: Xander will frequently use ink-covering weapons and go around his opponents in order to cover ground and avoid conflict that kills time, though he may swoop in for the occasional troll move. He will often go to places no one thinks about going to in order to seize the opportunity, and covers up for lost ground. He likes being the person that "ties up loose ends". He is also very cautious about his ink levels and will frequently transform into a squid to refill ink even when the tank isn't empty.
History: Xander was at Inktown High School. Though he managed to swoop in straight A's and was ahead of his classmates, he was considered a "nobody" at school. He enjoys games with strategies and secretly goes on adventurous "missions", and self-taught himself parkour and freerunning. He was also especially gifted at technology. One day, he was on his computer websearching for cities that matched his city and came up on Inkopolis. He packed his bags and came up across a person named NeoStar. Xander was able to access NeoStar's location through GPS and came up to him, only to find him almost overwhelmed by an incoming wave of Octarians. Grabbing a weapon from NeoStar's bag, he managed to help NeoStar fight off the Octarians and successfully prevented the wave from closing in. NeoStar offered Xander a position in Inkopolis Underground, to which he accepted. First, though, he ventured to Inkopolis to conduct some research and accustom himself to the new world............
added you to the skype. If you have any questions about the lore, just ask as I've gotten the sunken scrolls. I'll add you on Nintendo Network tomorrow, as I've been booted off the tv by my roommate for the night. Any idea when you'll get the game?

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
...That REALLY reminds me of Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald's introduction.

The professor is attacked by a Zigzagoon, you get a Pokémon from a bag to deal with the wild Pokémon, professor gives you a Pokédex, and you set out on an adventure.

Good thing you didn't go for Xander Mobus...
So true, lol.

OrenjiBoy135

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
OrenjiBoy145
Playing Singleplayer has it's benefits. Especially if you're (possibly) aiming for all equipment.

-You can get some practice for online matches.
-Each boss' sunken scroll gives access to a brand new weapon each, up to 5!
-Beating the final boss gives you 2 sets of gear.
-You get to try out 3 of the many subweapons!

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
Playing Singleplayer has it's benefits. Especially if you're (possibly) aiming for all equipment.

-You can get some practice for online matches.
-Each boss' sunken scroll gives access to a brand new weapon each, up to 5!
-Beating the final boss gives you 2 sets of gear.
-You get to try out 3 of the many subweapons!
Oh :O.

Yeah, I should probably get to that single-player mode soon XD.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
~Inkopolis Underground~

A casual and competitive squad with a fresh twist!

Current Status: Recruiting!

Welcome to Inkopolis Underground! We are a squad of fellow Inklings who are there not to become "another face in the crowd." We are a competitive squad that always strives to improve, to become better in every way. At the same time, we also balance the fun factor and kick back and enjoy Splatoon for what it is.

About Inkopolis Underground

Now, I'm sure some of you may be wondering why I said it is "unique" :cool:. Well here's why:

This will be a combo of Competitive Gaming and Role-Playing!

That's right! We will be a casual and competitive squad where every member's inkling has an identity and backstory! In this way, every member has a distinct face to the group and will develop a personality for themselves. Even the squad itself has one!

In the backstreets and alleyways of Inkopolis, there lives a gang of Inklings that secretly congregate under the depths of the shadows. They dwell in a backlot 3 blocks away from the Booyah Base, which is called "The Squidhole". Each member has their own reasons for joining, and their own story to tell. Be it respect for the leader, necessity, desire for street life, or other reasons, they are all led by the 16-year-old Inkling Neo, an Inkling born and raised on the streets of Inkopolis, succeeding as the leader after the former leader left the turf wars for unknown reasons.

Now for the fun part! Each member gives their inkling a name and backstory. The backstory and character are very freestyle and gives plenty of room for creativity. It can explain why they use the weapons they use, why they do a certain strategy, or simply be for fun!
(After the game comes out and more is revealed, backstories may be allowed to change based on what is revealed.)
Also after release, playstyles may earn you a nickname in this group! You don't give them to yourself, however, other members do. You may end up being called "Steamroller" or "Speed Demon"!

Inkopolis Underground Rules

1. No explicit sexual content, or anything of the sort. We want this group open to all ages.

2. No insulting nicknames or putdowns. We want this to be fun for everyone!

3. Though we are part casual, don't get too laid back. We do aim to be competitive as well. :cool:

4. Skype is mandatory, so make sure you have an account. Most of our activity takes place on Skype.

5. Do not insult other members of the squad. It will only yield negative results.

6. Be active and willing to commit to the clan. Most of our activity is on Skype, but posting on our squad thread or group is also acceptable. We do want to make sure that the member slots are open for people who are willing to commit more time.

7. This is your only squad. It's not that we don't specifically want you to be in this clan only, but you can only be in one squad at a time, as stated per official rules of the squads.

8. Don't be a Negative Nellie. For example, if we lose a game, don't moan about our luck for ten minutes. Keeping a bright atmosphere is crucial for a successful clan.

How To Apply

If you want to apply for Inkopolis Underground, use this example to format your application:

Name: NeoStar
Nintendo Network ID: Shadow_Rex
Skype Name: storytellers3

Inkling Name: Neo
Personality: Ever the jokester, Neo loves messing with his friends as well as his opponents. He knows when to be serious, however, and fancies himself a tactician. He can be short tempered when annoyed, but annoying him at all takes knowledge of his pet peeves. He enjoys swimming in ink as he loves the speed rush.

History: When he first mastered his shapeshifting into a humanoid, he had burnt all his bridges by then. He had no schooling, despite being quite bright, and not money to afford decent gear. He was taken in by the then-leader of Inkopolis Underground, Squish "The Kraken King" and came to see him as an older brother. A year later, he gained the leader's trust enough to be chosen as his successor when he enlisted to fight the Octarians full time. He soon set to work gaining new recruits for the gang, and getting the old one's respect.
^(That is the template, and my character, Neo.)

Inkopolis Underground Members

Inkling Name | Squidboards Username | NNID | Skype | Country

Leader
Neo | NeoStar | Shadow_Rex | storytellers3 | USA

Co-Leaders
~To be announced!~

Members
Rush | OrenjiBoy135 | OrenjiBoy135 | OrenjiBoy145 | Canada
Fludds | Fluddinator | IlGrandeBoom | theb-yoshi | Italy
Xander | ZypkerGaming | ZypkerGaming | ZypkerGaming | USA

:cool: What are you waiting for? Join Inkopolis Underground today! :cool:

^I revised the thread to give it more of an appeal. Just copy and paste into the thread and it should work! :cool:

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I am very, very interested in joining, though it's still going to be a while until I pick up the game. Slots are still available, right?

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Yes, most definitely. You can join now, as a matter of fact, as I myself don't have Splatoon yet.
I see, and I'm writing something up right now, though NNID is... unavailable as of now. Still don't even have the console. But I will very soon.

OrenjiBoy135

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
OrenjiBoy145
I'm going to change up my profile.

Thanks to some practice with some weapon types, I ended up developing a style that conflicts with my current character, Rush.

Inkling name: Echo
Personality: A teen with discipline, Echo does not talk much. If he does, it's generally formal. Exceptions are made, however.
Weapon types: Charger, Roller

Echo once lived a normal life, in Calamari Country. But one day, he was driven out by an octoling surprise attack. He eventually learned the power of the Kraken, being capable of manually transforming whenever he had high adrenaline. In matches, this power was disabled to avoid total domination. He met Neo after accidentally stumbling across the 'Squid Hole', and was applied for the group after having his Kraken powers be revealed to Neo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom