• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Interesting DC Situations

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
Up until recently, whenever the unstable connection message would appear, I would always be one of the ones to disconnect. But as of late I've seen multiples opponents and teammates DC while I don't (I'm not sure if my internet got better or just luck)

The first one was Turf War the other day, when about halfway through I got "The connection is unstable". I was ready to read "The connection has been lost", but it turned out 2 people on my team DC'd, along with 3 from the other team. So since the last guy was so outnumbered, I just walked over to him and hopped around while my last teammate was off inking.

The more interesting one happened today on Hammerhead Zones. When I got the unstable connection message I had accepted losing my precious ranked points, but I ended up surviving the message. We had the zone already, and I noticed one of my teammates DC'd, but what was even more interesting was that the entire enemy team DC'd. I was really surprised how good my luck was with this, as it basically became a free win.

So, I just thought that was cool. Has anyone else had any weird DC situations?

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm not sure where this ranks on the weirdness scale, but there was a time when the connection decided to crap out on me just as Judd popped up to reveal the match's winner, followed by me getting booted out of every battle I joined afterwards. 'Twas quite unfortunate, but that was in the past.

Other than that, there was one match on Blackbelly Skatepark wherein all but one guy on the enemy team disconnected. The poor squid could only watch helplessly as we proceeded to claim the entire map for ourselves. I felt kinda bad for him though, so I elected to give him some free cheap splats as a pity prize.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
...this is interesting, because I'm starting to suspect I get caught up in mass DC's these days. Is it possible for one person's bad connection to funnel others down with them??

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
Is it possible for one person's bad connection to funnel others down with them??
While I'm not completely sure, that's probably the case a lot of the time. There's usually only one, maybe two people with dis-connectable connection (at least, not as many that actually end up DC'ing), so it seems reasonable.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I've been left as the only player in a few matches. They were pretty unpleasant since the enemy team just got all up in my face about it. But for one of them, it was Kelp dome, and I wound up getting more than 10 splats just by staying in my base fending them off. Of course they would just jump back to keep attacking, but that small little uprising can keep you pretty safe even against a full team.

Another fun one was when it was a 2 v 3 on Blackbelly skatepark. I was on the team of two, and we barely lost. It made for a very interesting turf battle for sure.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
I was twin squadding with a friend yesterday night, but when the game started, said friend dc'd and shortly after, my 2 other teammates also dc'd, so I played a 1v4... it's not the first time, but hey, it is something that happens

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
My team in SOLO ranked gave up with a minute to go or so leaving just me vs 4. So I pulled the plug too lol. Not to be mean but I hope that stopped the game (does anyone actually know what happens if your entire enemy team D/Cs in ranked? Does it really still continue, lol).

Cyan

Inkling Commander
My team in SOLO ranked gave up with a minute to go or so leaving just me vs 4. So I pulled the plug too lol. Not to be mean but I hope that stopped the game (does anyone actually know what happens if your entire enemy team D/Cs in ranked? Does it really still continue, lol).
Well the OP states he/she had a match on Hammerhead Zones that turned into a 3v0 and I experienced something similar in Turf. I decided to take out the Squiffer to try to learn it (lol), we were on Bluefin Depot, and about a minute in the "Connection is Unstable" message pops up. I expected to dc, but it disappeared and so did everyone else except for one teammate xD. The rest of the match was just spent turfing everything and spamming Nice! (I think my teammate started super jumping between spawn and me once most of the Turf was gone). So the match went out the window, and so did my Squiffer practice, and I still haven't learnt the weapon to this day xD (I prefer Bamboozler anyway, should probably pick it up again). I don't think the game cares about who's left in a match, but I do know that Private Battle matches will end immediately if the host disconnects mid-match. If the game would start Splatfest matches with a 1v4 in Rock vs Pop, then it really shows the game just will leave a match running as long as one person is still there (I wonder if there are any instances of a 1v0 in Turf or Ranked). Another time I was squadding in a Twin on Bluefin Rainmaker and got the Connection is Unstable, and it turned into a 1v2 (I was by myself against 2 players in the B/A ranks - I was S or S+ at the time, not sure which it was). My team had the lead, and I was able to fend them off the entire time until I used my Kraken before an Inkstrike happened, which pushed me off into the water and they took the lead. I suppose they needed the win more than myself as their rank would get affected by the match outcome and mine wouldn't (my teammates had already lost their points for the dc anyway). Funny how this game works though ;P

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
yeah, I'd imagine if your enemy team left in ranked that the game would continue and you would probably only get 1 point for a win.

I've had one mass DC match, when a similar situation to Cyan's happened, except on Tower Control. It left only me and one opponent, we resumed fighting like normal for about 10 seconds until I asked myself "wait, why are we 1 v 1ing? xD" and I started squid partying on the tower. Took the other guy a second to realize what I was doing and he splatted me, but then he started squid partying on the tower and I just blooped after it until he scored KO. Don't remeber what the points were after that, but it was definately before they implemented the reduced point loss for DCs, so it was probably -7 or w/e.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I was playing Turf War when we had the weirdest disconnection. It was only about a minute into the match when the game gave the "Connection Unstable" message. I survived but five of the players didn't. In the end, there was only three of us left. The only survivor on the opposing team was a lone Dynamo Roller. My teammate and I went about our business as normal when suddenly, I saw ink coming out of nowhere and Burst Bombs being thrown from the other team. I know my teammate saw it too because he stopped in confusion as well. The players had disconnected but it was almost like the game was replaying what the players were doing before they disconnected, you know? There was a bunch of ghost ink everywhere and I remember that a beakon randomly popped up on the map. At the end of the game, it said all five players had indeed disconnected.

Seriously weird disconnect glitch.

I had something similar during Ranked a long time ago too. I was playing with a friend in twins when we had a mass disconnection. This time, six players disconnected. The only people left were myself and the Luna Blaster on my team. We had no enemies for the remainder of the match but it continued as normal. We could have had an easy knockout but we decided to squid around and party for the duration of the match haha. :P

I also had an experience like that during the second to last Splatfest. Our game started a full lobby but like fifteen seconds in, everyone except myself and a teammate had disconnected. I decided to spend the match on top of a lamp while she inked the entire match. xD

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
We're going to go have a talk with our local satellite provider next week, because this is getting beyond ridiculous. The woo is wired with a LAN adapter, so it's not that. Supposedly things like this can never ever be some fault of Nintendo's (I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT). I'm not even trying to play during "prime time" hours, ffs. This is two weeks in a row now I can't even play Turf. Every single match ends in what looks like to me to be a 1v1, because three people from each team disconnect in the first 20 seconds. It's not even always my fault, because several times I haven't been the first one to poof. One match this week I just got kicked with the generic "AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED" message.

This used to happen just once in a while. Now that it's a constant problem, it's infuriating.

Has anyone else been having worse lag/connection issues than usual??

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
Mmh-- During a solo run when i was still rank A, during tower control on arowana mall, there has been a HUGE DC moment and only me, a team-mate and an ennemy survived it. Since the ennemy was a sniper, me and my team-mates tried to give them a chance to beat us until they also DC, so we literally played a ghost match only me and them, booyahing and squid partying like crazy

It was super weird-- Normally, i'm always part of the mass DCing x'D

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
So... that happened...
They all dc'd at the beginning of the match, and we just messed around and painted the whole map

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom