• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Interesting game

Kimdim

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-5374-3009
Hey guys.

I bought this game three days ago and I gotta say: this game is something else! It's not your average shooter. The design, controls, weapons, ambient, music are all fresh! I've been playing all these days, but I'm still trying to get the hang of it. By the end of the matches, I'm always the last or second to the last. Any suggestions or advice? I feel like I need a crash course or something.

See ya!

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
Welcome, Kimdim! What seems the most difficult or frustrating for you so far? I'm kinda new to the game as well, but found that practicing with a favored weapon (once you find one you like) and sticking with that for a while can help to break out into other avenues of the learning experience. Also, being last/2nd-to-last isn't the worst thing - just focus on contributing as best you can! Good luck!

Soundwave

Inkling
Hey there!

While I'm new to this website, I've been playing Splatoon for a while now going back to the launch on the Wii U.

If your new to the game and not to sure where your strong suits lie yet don't worry about it! Even just painting pathways helps mobilise your team-mates better! One tip I would say is most important in ranked matches but also true for all other modes is to check maps when you super jump. True you cant see enemy players but you can see where they're shooting! If you see a team-mate taking on an enemy its probably not safe to jump there!

Mostly it all just comes down to the more you play the more you learn. Once your comfortable with a weapon type you can start to improve but it might be fun to try out others so that you can learn the other specials and sub weapons and learn how to combat them!

I hope that's a helpful! (Sorry if I rambled! I do that sometimes!)

Stay fresh!

Kimdim

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-5374-3009
Thank you guys.
Soundwave, dully noted! I've been practicing a lot these last few days. I'm starting to get 1st and 2nd place most matches. I've learned the real goal: covering ground rather than splatting. I've chose my main -- Aerospray MG -- and I know my role and how to play in order to fulfill it.
This game is so fun and unique!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Hello! Welcome to Squidboards. Splatoon really is something else than other games, yup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom