• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Interesting stuff I noticed In Splatoon

NNID
xxCandiiLove
1: If your inkling's skin color is one of the lightest, it gets a slight sun tan in Mahi-Mahi Resort.
2: In the Splatoon boot up screen, on the laptop screen there is the Splatoon tumblr page.
3: There is a donut cafe in the plaza.
4: There is a special jellyfish named Jerry.
5: In the start screen of Splatoon during splatfest, some jellyfish glow green.
6: Inklings have some oddly flat-shaped feet.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Noice. Can you get a screenshot of the Mahi Mahi tan?

Tumblr confirmed:

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
This might be something a lot of people know already, but in Piranha Pit, the ink never goes under the conveyor belts. It disappears and reappears on the other side at the moment it seems like it's going to the underside of the belt.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Off the top of my head—something many of us likely know already:
  • The red light on your ink tank and a whistle indicates you have enough ink to use your sub
    • both the light and whistle are noticeable to everyone on either team, the latter if they're near enough
  • The sound of an ink tank shatter from a direct blaster hit and someone's special fully charged can be heard by anyone nearby
  • The defeated sound or moans of an inkling from either team can be heard by anyone nearby
  • Much like in real life, you can hear sounds better depending on the direction your camera is facing
  • Diving into ink muffles the game music just enough to make it easier to hear in-match sounds a little better
  • When submerged an inkling's tank will make bubbling sounds when refilling
    • this can be heard by anyone nearby
  • When submerged an inkling will occasionally make bubbling sounds as they breath
    • this can be heard by anyone nearby
  • Audio of a teammate's cheers, "C'mon!/To me!" and "Booyah!/Nice!" will immediately cutoff the moment they're splatted
Feel free to test these out to confirm or refute while a part of me feels a chill of regret that I may have just helped some carbon roller, octobrush, surprise rollers, sneaky luna blaster, and swivel-headed chargers... ¬¬;

Last edited:

Maave

Inkling Commander
Speaking of sounds, Spyke's bracelets make noise when he fiddles with them. I never heard it until I used headphones

.Ren

Inkling
NNID
RenegadeStars97
Something kinda cool that I noticed a while back: The gear you equip each have their own unique sound, so that when you swap your hat, clothes or shoes, it makes the sound of your inkling actually changing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom