• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Introduction accompanied by Squid Pun!

SylemG

Inkster Jr.
HI there, I'm Sylem and I can't hold all my hype for splatoon!

I've been a gamer for as long as i can remember, but i haven't been able to scratch my competitive itch until more recently with a love for fighting games like Super Smash Brothers, Soul Calibur, and Persona 4 Arena. Oh, and something a little different, Guild Wars 1 PvP. unfortunately, i didn't really get into any competetive game early enough, i feel.

When I first saw splatoon, i thought it looked amazing. Shooters never really grabbed me with how samey most of them looked, but splatoon was different. I jumped into the test fire with the splattershot Jr, won most of my matches, and was immediately hooked by just about everything from music and aesthetic, to speed and mechanics.

I'm excited to finally take the plunge into the giant vat of ink with the rest of you, come release day!

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Welcome to squidboards! We've actually played a lot of the same fighting games, tho I've only played Soul Calibur 2 to any degree and never seriously lol. The first guild wars was great, have you tried out guild wars 2 as well? The pvp's fun there too.

Also, squid puns are always welcome here.

IrisZ

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
Yea Splatoon hooked me like no other game really had. It brings so much new stuff to the table c:

Welcome to the boards bud!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Welcome to Squidboards Sylem! :)

SylemG

Inkster Jr.
Hey thanks for making me feel welcome, yall! :)

Welcome to squidboards! We've actually played a lot of the same fighting games, tho I've only played Soul Calibur 2 to any degree and never seriously lol. The first guild wars was great, have you tried out guild wars 2 as well? The pvp's fun there too.

Also, squid puns are always welcome here.
Ah, I started with Soul Calibur 2, like many people, i'd imagine (LINK), but I stuck around for 3 and 4 where i got pretty good with Yoshimitsu, Zasalamel, Talim, and Yunsung. Then 5 came out and took everyone of those people but Yoshimitsu away. :mad:

And i really did love Guild Wars 1, spent a lot of time making full team builds for team pvp arena before that got shut down. I had actually really wanted to play Guild Wars 2 when it first came out, but my old computer was way too weak to run it at all. By the time i could play it, all my friends had already tried it(big for them, since they don't play MMOs) and eventually stopped playing. I figure if i hear about them doing a big update/expansion i might go finally play it for myself, now.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Hi there and welcome! Super Smash Bros is an incredible game, and so competitive. I'm not very good but I still have loads of fun with it.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
And i really did love Guild Wars 1, spent a lot of time making full team builds for team pvp arena before that got shut down. I had actually really wanted to play Guild Wars 2 when it first came out, but my old computer was way too weak to run it at all. By the time i could play it, all my friends had already tried it(big for them, since they don't play MMOs) and eventually stopped playing. I figure if i hear about them doing a big update/expansion i might go finally play it for myself, now.
Well speak of the devil, they actually announced an expansion recently, Heart of Thorns.

SylemG

Inkster Jr.
Hi there and welcome! Super Smash Bros is an incredible game, and so competitive. I'm not very good but I still have loads of fun with it.
When I was younger, i spent hundreds of hours in melee, but it wasn't until the end of my time with it that i realized people actually played it competitively- like at tournaments. I didn't own a Wii, so i never really got to play Brawl, so i wasn't too used to it by the time Sm4sh came out. Starting to get used to that and give it a chance, but i know if i hop online now, im going to die in 2 seconds, lol.

Well speak of the devil, they actually announced an expansion recently, Heart of Thorns.
WELP.... Guess i'm going to have to set aside some money and time for that, I've been waiting. They finally added guild halls too. It just isn't Guild Wars without them. Oh man, i'm pretty excited now- Thank you for that, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom