• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

IoS Messfest! v1.0 This Saturday!

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Kids and Squids, and Ralph, Welcome to the 2nd IoS Tournament known as: Messfest!! In this tournament 16 teams will be battling it out over which team is the best, however there is a slight twist. THE PLAYERS WILL BE SIGNED UP TO RANDOM TEAMS!!! You will sign up for this tournament as an individual player and when all spots are filled (64 slots to be exact) the teams will be made with a random number generator. The tournament will be this Saturday, August 22nd, starting at 6:00 EST. Good Luck to all participants, and as always, Splat On!

Application: We have decided to make it easier by using Google Forms!

Link to the Application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1qmnO1gUZOQwiKIC5l3wE9uAzMYoqbQPb-Q2qlrkCs4Y/viewform

Ruleset: Double Elimination || Best of Five Pre-Finals || Best of Seven Finals

-Maps and Modes will be predetermined for each round (Halo Style). For Each Pre-Final round there will be a list of five map/mode pairings that must be played in that order. Finals will consist of seven Map/Mode Pairings.

-Teams will be assigned the day of the tournament, and the randomization will be determined on stream @ http://twitch.tv/The_RoyLee

-Map/Modes Pairings will be released on Tuesday @ 3:00 EST

- Each team will have a team captain that will be added to a skype group where you will be able to find the leaders of the other teams and start matches from there.

-Disconnections will be handled as follows: If one person Disconnects from the host, the team that the player is on can either decide whether or not they would like to replay that match.

-The second time that someone DCs from the match that was on the same team, the team must continue to play on in a 3v4.

-If a disconnection was seen to be done on purpose, that current team will immediately forfeit the set.

MAP AND MODE PAIRINGS!!

[Red] Winners Round 1: Walleye/Zones, Urchin/Tower, Bluefin/Rain, Saltspray/Turf, Kelp/Zones

[Bright Yellow] Winners Quarters/Losers Round 1: Arowana/Turf, Moray/Tower, Camp/Zones, Blackbelly/Tower, Port/Turf

[Green] Winners Semis/Losers Round 2: Blackbelly/Zones, Bluefin/Turf, Kelp/Tower, Camp/Turf, Moray/Rain

[Pink] Winners Finals/Losers Round 3: Urchin/Zones, Saltspray/Rain, Walleye/Tower, Arowana/Rain, Port/Zones

[Orange] Losers Quarters: Camp/Tower, Moray/Turf, Arowana/Tower,

Saltspray/Zones, Urchin/Rain

[Light Blue] Losers Semis: Bluefin/Zones, Kelp/Rain, Port/Tower

Blackbelly/Turf, Walleye/Rain

[Maroon] Losers Finals: Urchin/Turf, Saltspray/Tower, Moray/Zones, Camp/Rain, Bluefin/Tower

[Dark Yellow/Purple] Grand Finals(Best of 7): ??

Post all your questions below, so we can answer them ASAP!

Thanks for all of the support, and we wish all of the Inklings out there Good Luck!

-The IoS TO’s

Last edited:

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Oh just my luck I wait for a tourney I can participate solo or similar to that and I can't participate bcuz of the time the tourneys starts -_- oh well good luck to all Inklings/Octarians/Jellyfish/everything else I missed!

EDIT: Just wanted to say, OMG SO MANY USER VIEWING THIS (even though it was posted 6 minutes ago)

iVortex

Senior Squid
NNID
Vorttex
This is way more simple! THANKYOU! I'm sure other people will appreciate that addition too!

NachoSneeze

Inkling
Just a quick suggestion, maybe you wanna open the application to a few more than 64 just to have some reserves encase some people cant make it last minute.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Just a quick suggestion, maybe you wanna open the application to a few more than 64 just to have some reserves encase some people cant make it last minute.
Yeah we will allow as many people to apply as possible, however the 64 that signed up the soonest and are still willing to play will actually play.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Mh the one thing I'd like to point out is, that this tournament is on the same day as the "salty splatoon tournament" which has been planned for a while.
Yeah I'm not sure how it'll turn out. Might but conflicts between people who particpate in both.

LuxLuxora

Full Squid
NNID
LuxLuxora
This honestly sounds like serious fun.

My only gripe would be the following:
Teams will be assigned the day of the tournament, and the randomization will be determined on stream
I would personally prefer if the teams were assigned about 2-4 days before the tournament starts. This would allow the team to organize availability for their first match and get a few games in together to learn about each others weapon preference and play style. Matches are more fun and better preformed when the members get to know each other before they head into combat. But I guess the tournament is named MessFess. :P

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
This honestly sounds like serious fun.

My only gripe would be the following:

I would personally prefer if the teams were assigned about 2-4 days before the tournament starts. This would allow the team to organize availability for their first match and get a few games in together to learn about each others weapon preference and play style. Matches are more fun and better preformed when the members get to know each other before they head into combat. But I guess the tournament is named MessFess. :p
Not a bad idea, we will talk about it as a group and come back with a more solid answer.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Soooo what about sharing the same date with "the salty splatoon"?

Which has been planned for quite some time.
The salty splatoon tournament, is taking place on this Sunday, and the Messfest is taking place on this saturday, so there should be no need to worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom