1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Is Arowana Mall still in rotation?

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Spraylan, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Sendou

Sendou Full Squid

NNID:
    Sendou
    I'm well aware that it was patched before but they readded it probably because they used an outdated version of the Mall as a base when fixing a palm tree bug (which is still possible just with another tree).

So there you go.

2. Award

Award Squid Savior From the Future

Very interesting! I'd expect a new patch soon if they indeed broke a map. Maybe after Monday's server maintenance.

Does anyone know if a similar thing had happened with Kelp Dome before the 2.4 patch? I'd noticed it had been missing for weeks similar to Arowana now.

3. Sparkly Ink

Sparkly Ink Full Squid

NNID:
    SparklyGabite
  4. electraheart

electraheart Senior Squid

NNID:
    howalive
    arowana mall is one of the most hated (if not THE most hated) map in splatoon. it wouldnt be surprising if they are reworking it. or it could be a coincidence that it just hasnt been chosen for rotation.......?

5. Spraylan

Spraylan Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    JonasOrtega
    It's a pretty big coincidence. Each day has 24 map slots to fill, six days now means 144 map slots without choosing Arowana Mall.

seakingtheonixpected and Award like this.
  6. Award

Some seem to love it, some seem to hate it. I'm not sure I understand the hate when compared to Makarel, Moray, etc. But like the others it's a map where once you lose momentum it can be impossible to get it back. It ends in spawncamps often. But so do Makarel and Walleye. Moray doesn't often end in spawncamps but is still all but impossible to recover lost momentum.

7. seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    kathrynmc92
    It's a pretty simple map, if you can hold the enemy close and open you have pretty much complete control, this is especially true with Splatzones.

8. Achamo

Achamo Inkling Commander

NNID:
    KupoSuppi
    I was kind of wondering what happened to it actually.
    Been a while.

9. Zombie Aladdin

Zombie Aladdin Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Overhazard
    Huh, I never even realized Arowana Mall is gone. The one I've been paying attention to is Piranha Pit. I haven't played Splat Zones there yet, so I'm looking for when it comes up again.

With the whole Rainmaker Free Zone thing though, I thought Saltspray Rig Rainmaker would return, but nooo...

10. Spiderface

Spiderface Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Spiderface1992
    It's returned twice, from what I've seen. I hated it.

11. Zombie Aladdin

Zombie Aladdin Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Overhazard
    Oh wow, it did? I should check Splatnet more often...

Whether I like it or not, I should still play it. I began playing this game in September, and by then, Saltspray Rig Rainmaker, Saltspray Rig Tower Control, and Blackbelly Skatepark Rainmaker had been removed from the rotation. Hence, I never got a chance to play any of them.

12. warghoul

warghoul Inkling Cadet

skatepark and rig are back in rotation for rainmaker. would not care if saltspray went bye bye again.

13. Drew

Drew Inkling

NNID:
    Drew6187
    Strange... I haven't seen it in a while either.

14. Spraylan

Spraylan Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    JonasOrtega
    Well, that's almost two weeks of tracking now with no Arowana Mall in sight.

15. Award

:( Meanwhile they keep running Depot, Port, and Warehouse again and again and again. :mad:

16. Tyson TH

Tyson TH Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    tyson_th
    I've noticed it for quite a while now and I think it might be due to that pipe glitch returning. Which if that were the case I get why it would be removed from Turf War and Rainmaker, but it wouldn't make sense for it to not appear in Splat Zones and Tower Control.

17. Award

It's possible they don't have that level of control. It might just be a flag for if it's in rotation or out, and not by mode type. Though I don't know since Saltspray seems to not appear in certain modes anymore.

18. Tyson TH

Tyson TH Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    tyson_th
    I doubt it. When Camp Triggerfish's exploit was discovered they only took it out of Turf War and Splat Zones. That's why it was so common to find in Tower Control and Rainmaker, surprisingly making it one of my favorite stages too.

19. Award

That makes me think they found something worse than just the pipe thing in mall. Something that affects all modes. Maybe they're doing an Underpass with it, but I can't really imagine they would.

20. GeneraLight

GeneraLight Inkling Commander

NNID:
    GeneraLight
    Was there a new exploit discovered or what? I swear Nintendo really hates Arowana Mall. It just doesn't feel the same without it.