• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is Arowana Mall still in rotation?

Sendou

Full Squid
NNID
Sendou
Wait, are you saying they put that ****ty ledge glitch back in?

EDIT: here are the patch notes from 2.4 regarding maps.

Stage Adjustments:
Arowana Mall: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Port Mackerel: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Flounder Heights: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
Museum D’Alfonsino: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Rainmaker mode.
I'm well aware that it was patched before but they readded it probably because they used an outdated version of the Mall as a base when fixing a palm tree bug (which is still possible just with another tree).

So there you go.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Very interesting! I'd expect a new patch soon if they indeed broke a map. Maybe after Monday's server maintenance.

Does anyone know if a similar thing had happened with Kelp Dome before the 2.4 patch? I'd noticed it had been missing for weeks similar to Arowana now.

electraheart

Senior Squid
NNID
howalive
arowana mall is one of the most hated (if not THE most hated) map in splatoon. it wouldnt be surprising if they are reworking it. or it could be a coincidence that it just hasnt been chosen for rotation.......?

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
arowana mall is one of the most hated (if not THE most hated) map in splatoon. it wouldnt be surprising if they are reworking it. or it could be a coincidence that it just hasnt been chosen for rotation.......?
It's a pretty big coincidence. Each day has 24 map slots to fill, six days now means 144 map slots without choosing Arowana Mall.

Award

Some seem to love it, some seem to hate it. I'm not sure I understand the hate when compared to Makarel, Moray, etc. But like the others it's a map where once you lose momentum it can be impossible to get it back. It ends in spawncamps often. But so do Makarel and Walleye. Moray doesn't often end in spawncamps but is still all but impossible to recover lost momentum.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Some seem to love it, some seem to hate it. I'm not sure I understand the hate when compared to Makarel, Moray, etc. But like the others it's a map where once you lose momentum it can be impossible to get it back. It ends in spawncamps often. But so do Makarel and Walleye. Moray doesn't often end in spawncamps but is still all but impossible to recover lost momentum.
It's a pretty simple map, if you can hold the enemy close and open you have pretty much complete control, this is especially true with Splatzones.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
I was kind of wondering what happened to it actually.
Been a while.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Huh, I never even realized Arowana Mall is gone. The one I've been paying attention to is Piranha Pit. I haven't played Splat Zones there yet, so I'm looking for when it comes up again.

With the whole Rainmaker Free Zone thing though, I thought Saltspray Rig Rainmaker would return, but nooo...

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Oh wow, it did? I should check Splatnet more often...

Whether I like it or not, I should still play it. I began playing this game in September, and by then, Saltspray Rig Rainmaker, Saltspray Rig Tower Control, and Blackbelly Skatepark Rainmaker had been removed from the rotation. Hence, I never got a chance to play any of them.

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Well, that's almost two weeks of tracking now with no Arowana Mall in sight.

Award

:( Meanwhile they keep running Depot, Port, and Warehouse again and again and again. :mad:

Tyson TH

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
tyson_th
I've noticed it for quite a while now and I think it might be due to that pipe glitch returning. Which if that were the case I get why it would be removed from Turf War and Rainmaker, but it wouldn't make sense for it to not appear in Splat Zones and Tower Control.

Award

I've noticed it for quite a while now and I think it might be due to that pipe glitch returning. Which if that were the case I get why it would be removed from Turf War and Rainmaker, but it wouldn't make sense for it to not appear in Splat Zones and Tower Control.
It's possible they don't have that level of control. It might just be a flag for if it's in rotation or out, and not by mode type. Though I don't know since Saltspray seems to not appear in certain modes anymore.

Tyson TH

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
tyson_th
It's possible they don't have that level of control. It might just be a flag for if it's in rotation or out, and not by mode type. Though I don't know since Saltspray seems to not appear in certain modes anymore.
I doubt it. When Camp Triggerfish's exploit was discovered they only took it out of Turf War and Splat Zones. That's why it was so common to find in Tower Control and Rainmaker, surprisingly making it one of my favorite stages too.

Award

I doubt it. When Camp Triggerfish's exploit was discovered they only took it out of Turf War and Splat Zones. That's why it was so common to find in Tower Control and Rainmaker, surprisingly making it one of my favorite stages too.
That makes me think they found something worse than just the pipe thing in mall. Something that affects all modes. Maybe they're doing an Underpass with it, but I can't really imagine they would.

D

Deleted Member

Was there a new exploit discovered or what? I swear Nintendo really hates Arowana Mall. It just doesn't feel the same without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom