• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is clam blitz good or not? | Regular Discussion

Cephalobro

Eh, I never liked/always hated how chaotic it was when it came to teamwork (if there was even teamwork in the first place), thankfully, I have already achieved S+ and I don't plan on going through hours of frustration just to get to X. The only good memory I have with this mode is being the perfect goalie in destroying the enemy team so they won't be able to open my team's basket.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i always kinda hated it...team work must be 100% in this mode and most of the time it's really not >.<
i am the defensive type in this mode but my team is always offensive only and i had teams where they don't even bother defending the basket so i have to do it,..and that's no fun having to go alone against 2 to 3 enemies :l
and this mode is just soooo nerve wracking..i sometimes missed the basket with a football because i feel pressured or a enemy is nearby and i kinda need to do something quick and i just throw it cause i will die anyway
it's a frustrating mode!!!!

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Honestly, nothing beats Splat Zones, but Clam Blitz is a close second! Sure it can be the closest thing to hell on earth in soloq especially when you're around C- to A+ rank, but in competitive play where you can communicate with your team, it's a blast! If there were one thing I'd change about it, though, it would be maybe adding something like a canon from story mode to specific spots of each map. This would allow for a back liner to have a second option for defending when the only other one is charging up a shot and taking out targets one at a time.

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
Oh man, I'll play clams if it's the only ranked mode in rotation for the next two hours, but I sure won't be happy with it. Maybe it's because I'm only A- in it, but it just seems like everyone only does what they please. This ways are ignored, shared clams are ignored, if you try to make an opening someone will take the hard way around... there's definitely a big learning curve that comes with it

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Maybe it's because I'm only A- in it, but it just seems like everyone only does what they please.
Believe me, it doesn't get much better in S and up. It's downright exciting when other players participate in proper team play in solo queue because of how rare it is.

I like Clam Blitz on a fundamental level but it necessitates teamwork to the point where solo queue can be a nightmare. It can create some pretty high moments, though. Seeing four enemy power clams break right in front of your goal is incredibly satisfying.

Stardust-Sonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stardust-Sonic
Clam Blitz is only good if your team mates know what to do in this mode. And it's a 50/50 situation in Ranked in general.

So yeah, maybe it's best that you play Clam Blitz in League with someone who knows his stuff in this mode, let alone a 4-player squad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom