• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is Collab gear appealing?

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
Lots of games (like monster hunter and gravity rush and dead rising and... list goes on), has alot of referential clothes and cosplay and pets and stuff from other games. Usually as a collaboration promo to each other's games/IP.

Would it appeal to you if cosplay gear appeared in the game? I mean Jet set radio and Vocaloid would totally be a big hit to me. Mario would be an obvious one because of mario sunshine, plus alot of the recent weapons and specials kinda look like you, using FLUDD.

Random brain wave. Amiibo unlocked gear (would totally be scummy of Nintendo but it'd work- I prefer to buy dlc)

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Jet Set Radiooooooo?- heck yes. The idea of Collab Gear appeals to me.

I play Monster Hunter and I just LOVE their collaborations with companies like Sega and Nintendo. And while Splatoon 1 has done some hints of collaboration with gear/weapons such as with CoroCoro and with Squid Girl, I would love to see more. Maybe some tie in gear with ARMS? Some gear based around Mario would be a must too.

(And secretly, I would love some outfit based around Monster hunter. Felyne Hoodie, anyone?)

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Mario and Luigi costumes of course, even a FLUDD like weapon would be a nifty addiction to the game. I mean, c'mon.

Even a ARMS cross over would be so nice.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
Jet Set Radiooooooo?- heck yes. The idea of Collab Gear appeals to me.

I play Monster Hunter and I just LOVE their collaborations with companies like Sega and Nintendo. And while Splatoon 1 has done some hints of collaboration with gear/weapons such as with CoroCoro and with Squid Girl, I would love to see more. Maybe some tie in gear with ARMS? Some gear based around Mario would be a must too.

(And secretly, I would love some outfit based around Monster hunter. Felyne Hoodie, anyone?)
If this amiibo I made isn't usable in splatoon 2. I will be soooo mad. I really hope squid girl makes a return.

Attachments

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
If this amiibo I made isn't usable in splatoon 2. I will be soooo mad. I really hope squid girl makes a return.
Nice custom there! I would say its a safe bet that the Squid Girl gear along with CoroCoro will be making a return. All of the the previous gear and main weapons are so far. Sub weapons and Specials are the only big concerns for older weapon loadouts.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Cross-promotion with ARMS would make a lot of sense. Let me be Mummy Master with a gun :P

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
Cross-promotion with ARMS would make a lot of sense. Let me be Mummy Master with a gun :p
I'm staring at the characters right now.

You seriously can't change much into gears besides the shoes (not really that interesting looking) and a few hats (min min fits easily) and possibly hair styles.
1. Inklings got loli bodies so, Twintelle's clothes would look weird.
2. The actual clothes ARMS wear are pretty generic. Best you got is T-shirts with the logos of some characters.

To make your master mummy Inkling, you'd have to create gear in the style of this.

Where the character designs are actually just drawn on the shirt as opposed to just mummy cloth. I'm trying really hard to look at these character designs, but I'm not seeing anything about the clothes that really jumps out at me.

I imagine a Tingle gear set would go well. Link would look kind of out of place because we all associate him with sword play. You just gotta think.

ARMS T-shirts might fit best than actual cosplay. Maybe long sleeves with coiling sleeves in the designs of the characters ending on the wrists.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
What's wrong with a mummy look? I'd use that whether it was affiliated with ARMS or not.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
What's wrong with a mummy look? I'd use that whether it was affiliated with ARMS or not.
The look of splatoon is very urban fashion. Its kinda why I referenced stuff like Jet set radio and Vocaloid, since its all very Akihabara and Shibuya teen fashion in look.

In fact... character costumes from square enix might fit well too. The world ends with you works (in fact I think some of it already exists in splatoon).

I guess it could fit, if Nintendo released Halloween style goth gear(but even then vampires and demons are way more popular).

Also pokemon bad guy team gears would work really well. Team skull gear would be awesome.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You do realize that, as of the current game, we have samurai and mecha armor available? The sequel will add ninja clothing and another set of robot-looking gear. And then there's been all the goofy splatfests... the tone's been kind of irreverent from the beginning, I don't really think any clothing or costume idea is off limits.

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
You do realize that, as of the current game, we have samurai and mecha armor available? The sequel will add ninja clothing and another set of robot-looking gear. And then there's been all the goofy splatfests... the tone's been kind of irreverent from the beginning, I don't really think any clothing or costume idea is off limits.
I guess? Not that it doesn't stand out as weird looking or anything when you go turf war in them.

I'm still staring at these designs. I really don't see it looking very stylish unless you just straight up create inklings based on these designs. Its all very functional and minimalist for a look. Gear just won't work unless its piece meal. None of which I see for master mummy (most important piece would be the head gear).

Best I can think of is Yanki with a medical tape and bandages like brawlers. That being said, if you can actually draw a design for it I can be convinced otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom