• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is Ink Resistance worth it?

Greasy Dan

Inkling
It’s often recommended for “rushing” or “assaultive” style weapons like the Tentatek, but is it really worth it? I’m wondering how many of you use it? And if so, what’s your experience?

You can move faster and jump higher in enemy ink but I feel pretty dead in the water if I find myself surrounded. Everything’s a compromise, but lately I’ve dedicated most of my loadout to Ink Recovery, Sub Saver, and Special Charge Up.

Maybe doubling up in two mains of Ink Resist would make it more noticeable?

CheezyCrayon

Inkling
I'm no expert on Ink Resistance, though I can tell you that it would be pretty helpful for running away from enemies as I constantly have to do! ;v;
Really this depends on if you feel you need it. I myself play mostly Chargers and don't find myself in enemy ink unless they have painted over my escape routes, so I don't use it. If you find yourself needing to flee, chasing down enemies in their ink, or simply want more maneuverability for when you dip your toe in the patch of ink they painted, it could prove pretty helpful. The biggest issue is I think it takes a bit of Ink Resistance for it to become noticeable.
My suggestion is to try it out in Turf Wars with an outfit that has 3 mains of Ink Resistance, see how it fits you, and if you like it you can try working some Ink Resistance into your build.
Personally, I wouldn't carry more than 1 main and maybe a few subs because when I play offensive weapons I usually run Ink Saving perks or Speed up perks, they help me chase enemies when I'm securing a kill.

I hope this helped you in some way, even if I'm not exactly experienced with the ability in Splatoon 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom