1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Is it possible to main every weapon class?

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Ξ◆Zᴇпsʜi◆Ξ, Jul 10, 2018.

?

Is it possible to main *every weapon type*

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  3. Maybe

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Ξ◆Zᴇпsʜi◆Ξ

[​IMG]
    I've been hearing a lot of people saying that "they main every weapon type" and I'm starting to get skeptical as to whether that's actually possible or not. Is it really possible for someone to be able to main every weapon type?

Or are they just being arrogant like I'm starting to assume they are?

I really need to know.

2. Flopps

Flopps Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3195-9273-4326
    So the types of weapons are:

Shooters
    Blasters
    Rollers
    Brushes
    Chargers
    Splatlings
    Sloshers
    Dualies
    Brellas

That's a minimum of 9 weapons one has to main.
    I don't really think it's possible as that would mean being able to excel at 9 different weapons, and I only have 4 (and their alts).

Ξ◆Zᴇпsʜi◆Ξ likes this.
  3. Gameboy224

Gameboy224 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Gameboy224
    I mean, not choosing to "main" a specific weapon or weapon type would kind of fall into that.

I mean, some people simply try to learn to be competent in as many weapons as possible. Allow themselves to be flexible and choose which weapons or weapon types are better suited for certain situations.

Really, it's less about actually maining weapons and more about not maining them and remaining flexible.

Mar$el, Ansible and Dewnose like this.
  4. Mr Hemulen

Mr Hemulen Inkster Jr.

If you use all weapon types equally, by definition you dont main any. Semantics ;)

Maave, Ansible, Marfie and 2 others like this.
  5. BBGrenorange

BBGrenorange Inkling Cadet

Aww you beat me to it :(

Ξ◆Zᴇпsʜi◆Ξ likes this.
  6. MotorGamer

MotorGamer Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    MotorGamer
    Technically no, because then you wouldn’t really have one main. There are people who stick to broad weapon areas, like long range shooters, and also all arounders, but the point of main is to say you are the best at a few select weapons

7. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Inkling Fleet Admiral

First of all, some Squidboards themes have a white background. So it's best not to use white text.

But to get to the point, there's only 9 classes in the game. With the exception of Brushes, there's at least one weapon in every class (some classes more than one) that I feel completely comfortable with. I've started practicing the Octobrush and I feel I'm pretty okay with it, so hopefully I'll have at least one go-to weapon for every class soon.

So, discussions about the semantics of the word 'main' aside, yes, it's absolutely possible.

Dewnose likes this.
  8. Ξ◆Zᴇпsʜi◆Ξ

I just think it's a bit arrogant to state that you've completely mastered every weapon class.

Mostly because I'm a doubtful skeptic.

[​IMG]

9. MINKUKEL

MINKUKEL Inkling Fleet Admiral

If you mean 'completely mastered' as in all weapons, that would certainly take a lot of time.

But it's very possible to 'main' one of every class. That's only 9 weapons. If you've played the game for hundreds of hours like some people have, it would be weirder if you didn't master at least one of every class.

Ansible likes this.
  10. calamaro

calamaro Inkling Fleet Admiral

Yes. In salmon run. ;)

Ξ◆Zᴇпsʜi◆Ξ likes this.
  11. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Inkling Commander

NNID:
    BattadaBeast
    If they main everything, good for them, they can play any weapon in the game. However, I doubt they're excelling at anything, and they'd be much better off honing their skills to just one or two weapon classes.

As the most well known players out there only focus on a couple weapons to choose from. As they don't have time to refine, and train every single weapon they can buy from sheldon's store. It takes way too much game knowledge and time to do that. I'm not saying that you shouldn't learn other weapons, but realize that you need to be wary about how long it takes to "master" a class.

12. Peculiarity

Peculiarity Inkling

I mean, I feel that someone saying that would mean that they’re a jack of all trades, or some type of flex role, which is certainly possible, but generally unlikely to have all of the skill of a real «main » of a specific class, as saying maining every class would imply.

13. Flammie

Flammie Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    FlammieLL
    Sure you but you have to put a lot more effort in practicing with each every day to cover others who play with just one or few weapons.
    So you're more talented if you can main more weapons than other, with good results.

14. OctoPie5

OctoPie5 Inkling

NNID:
    Zack23456
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5124-3591-9330
    Wouldn’t using everything completely miss the point of “maining”, in general?

The whole idea of maining a weapon is to use it exclusively to get good with it.

Using everything does not sound exclusive, it sounds versatile. So...how could someone main an exclusive weapon by using every “exclusive” weapon? It doesn’t make sense when put that way.

Unless by maining something, you mean building up skill, as in mastery, in which case, it is very possible to git gud with every weapon.