• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Is it possible to main every weapon class?

Is it possible to main *every weapon type*

• Yes

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

I've been hearing a lot of people saying that "they main every weapon type" and I'm starting to get skeptical as to whether that's actually possible or not. Is it really possible for someone to be able to main every weapon type?

Or are they just being arrogant like I'm starting to assume they are?

I really need to know.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
So the types of weapons are:

Shooters
Blasters
Rollers
Brushes
Chargers
Splatlings
Sloshers
Dualies
Brellas

That's a minimum of 9 weapons one has to main.
I don't really think it's possible as that would mean being able to excel at 9 different weapons, and I only have 4 (and their alts).

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I mean, not choosing to "main" a specific weapon or weapon type would kind of fall into that.

I mean, some people simply try to learn to be competent in as many weapons as possible. Allow themselves to be flexible and choose which weapons or weapon types are better suited for certain situations.

Really, it's less about actually maining weapons and more about not maining them and remaining flexible.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer

I've been hearing a lot of people saying that "they main every weapon type" and I'm starting to get skeptical as to whether that's actually possible or not. Is it really possible for someone to be able to main every weapon type?

Or are they just being arrogant like I'm starting to assume they are?

I really need to know.
Technically no, because then you wouldn’t really have one main. There are people who stick to broad weapon areas, like long range shooters, and also all arounders, but the point of main is to say you are the best at a few select weapons

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
First of all, some Squidboards themes have a white background. So it's best not to use white text.

But to get to the point, there's only 9 classes in the game. With the exception of Brushes, there's at least one weapon in every class (some classes more than one) that I feel completely comfortable with. I've started practicing the Octobrush and I feel I'm pretty okay with it, so hopefully I'll have at least one go-to weapon for every class soon.

So, discussions about the semantics of the word 'main' aside, yes, it's absolutely possible.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If you mean 'completely mastered' as in all weapons, that would certainly take a lot of time.

But it's very possible to 'main' one of every class. That's only 9 weapons. If you've played the game for hundreds of hours like some people have, it would be weirder if you didn't master at least one of every class.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
If they main everything, good for them, they can play any weapon in the game. However, I doubt they're excelling at anything, and they'd be much better off honing their skills to just one or two weapon classes.

As the most well known players out there only focus on a couple weapons to choose from. As they don't have time to refine, and train every single weapon they can buy from sheldon's store. It takes way too much game knowledge and time to do that. I'm not saying that you shouldn't learn other weapons, but realize that you need to be wary about how long it takes to "master" a class.

Peculiarity

Inkling
I mean, I feel that someone saying that would mean that they’re a jack of all trades, or some type of flex role, which is certainly possible, but generally unlikely to have all of the skill of a real «main » of a specific class, as saying maining every class would imply.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Sure you but you have to put a lot more effort in practicing with each every day to cover others who play with just one or few weapons.
So you're more talented if you can main more weapons than other, with good results.

OctoPie5

Inkling
NNID
Zack23456
Switch Friend Code
SW-5124-3591-9330
Wouldn’t using everything completely miss the point of “maining”, in general?

The whole idea of maining a weapon is to use it exclusively to get good with it.

Using everything does not sound exclusive, it sounds versatile. So...how could someone main an exclusive weapon by using every “exclusive” weapon? It doesn’t make sense when put that way.

Unless by maining something, you mean building up skill, as in mastery, in which case, it is very possible to git gud with every weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom