• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Is Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash ripping off Splatoon?

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Subpar hack-n-slash goes subpar 3rd-person co-op shooter in this new Senran Kagura game.

Is it essentially Splatoon with boobs or do you think it will be able to hold its own?

Looks like it has mediocre gameplay and uninspired map layouts, with weapons that almost mirror Splatoon's in function and form.

What do you think?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I don't think it's a splatoon rip off, as it is lacking the inking mechanic.

Also, as you say, it is trying to cash in on the "Kyaaaaaa!~" swimsuit factor.
(then again, miiverse has always sorta catered to this in its own way already xP)

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I don't think it's a splatoon rip off, as it is lacking the inking mechanic.

Also, as you say, it is trying to cash in on the "Kyaaaaaa!~" swimsuit factor.
(then again, miiverse has always sorta catered to this in its own way already xP)
I guess not insofar as there is ink and turf, but to the extent of water-gun inspired, bright, colorful, light-hearted 3PS game.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is some turf concept in the game, even if it is not as literal as spraying your team's ink color. SK games are based around fight academies battling for territory.

I don't know, it just seems like the timing is too right. Maybe "ripoff" is a little click-baity but I am almost certain Splatoon was an influence.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Ripping off?

That's preposterous!

This is clearly and truthfully so much better than Splatoon!

John W

Inkster Jr.
Content Team
NNID
RetruateStudios
I can see how it might have taken inspiration from Splatoon, but the term ripoff is quite drastic. This game doesn't have the swim in ink mechanic, nor a similar camera angle. The whole theme is about a water related area, and Splatoon has many maps that have nothing to do with beaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom